• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Would you brave the High Seas water for....

Is this enough loot to entice you to come out and play ?

• No, my time is worth more than that, and I just don't like you.

Votes: 6 50.0%
  • Sure, I"m broke and up for anything.

Votes: 6 50.0%

• Total voters

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The contents of this hold ? This is an orc ship, filled to capacity. This is my haul for approximately an hour and a half of work. I'm tired of stockpiling this crap, so my plan is to do my work for an hour or so and then either park my ship somewhere and play finders keepers, or just let you know where I am, and someone can come out and scuttle me (or sink trying) and take the stuff. If this is not worth anyones time then I won't bother doing it. Just trying to drum up some interest in the waters. The only people I find are scripting fisher people, which gets old after a while.Now let me see if I can mess up this poll attempt..

Attachments

Baby Doll

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
GarthGrey I did not vote, my time is not worth that in gold, but I do like you in that weird sort of way, I am way far from being broke, but as a Baby Doll I am up for anything. So without a vote I would take the challenge and sail the high seas in search of you for a day or so!

Nothin but luv,

Baby Doll (IPKU) VICE

Max Blackoak

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I voted the loot is not worth my time. I would absolutely come for the fight though.

Blargety

Journeyman
Duh lewt am nub wurth duh tym, but lat seddup ag tym ag plays, ag maybe duh Orcs commin tu clomp. Duh fite am wurth duh risg uv geddin wett, agh duh thot uv wett Orcs defnetlee bringun oud @Victim of Siege. Dat 'Oomie am ubsessd wit wett Orcs.

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
GarthGrey I did not vote, my time is not worth that in gold, but I do like you in that weird sort of way, I am way far from being broke, but as a Baby Doll I am up for anything. So without a vote I would take the challenge and sail the high seas in search of you for a day or so!

Nothin but luv,

Baby Doll (IPKU) VICE
Yeah I should have removed that gold pile from the hold, thats just what little the dread pirates had on them at the time I took that screen shot, and it's not all there. In 90 minutes I could probably have 100k if I killed all of the gargoyles and humans, but I don't bother.

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Duh lewt am nub wurth duh tym, but lat seddup ag tym ag plays, ag maybe duh Orcs commin tu clomp. Duh fite am wurth duh risg uv geddin wett, agh duh thot uv wett Orcs defnetlee bringun oud @Victim of Siege. Dat 'Oomie am ubsessd wit wett Orcs.
@Blargety careful what you wish for. i am 2nd only to Garth at High Seas adventurin'. Arrr!!

nightstalker22

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The contents of this hold ? This is an orc ship, filled to capacity. This is my haul for approximately an hour and a half of work. I'm tired of stockpiling this crap, so my plan is to do my work for an hour or so and then either park my ship somewhere and play finders keepers, or just let you know where I am, and someone can come out and scuttle me (or sink trying) and take the stuff. If this is not worth anyones time then I won't bother doing it. Just trying to drum up some interest in the waters. The only people I find are scripting fisher people, which gets old after a while.Now let me see if I can mess up this poll attempt..
High Seas is too expensive... unless of course you have the house add-ons that spit out resources daily (which I do not).
One could mine for hours, just to save enough metal to make enough ammo to scuttle a single ship.
High Seas was meant to be a gold sink, to get players to spend the billions in gold they had accumulated over 16 years. Otherwise, you had to mine saltpeter, wood, ore, wool, and various other materials just to participate.

It was a good idea, but too expensive for entry level players. A new player could make coin selling these resources to pirates, but then they wouldn't have any left for themselves to use.

I have enough ammo to scuttle ye though, so I shall be in search of thee on the waters. I am also recruiting shipmates to man (or women) the decks! Any land lubbers care to make history? I don't wear "First Class Pirate" boots for nothing.

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I"ll even go one better..I'll be out collecting dread pirates for orc ship parts, I'll be scuttling both the dread pirate ships and the merchant ships, but only taking fuse cords..I"ll leave all of the rest on the scuttled ships. All you have to do is sail out here and pick up the free loot...oh...and check your spyglass from the crows nest often..because Here there be Pirates !!

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The tribe appears to have spoken, but I'm gonna do it anyway. I'll be scuttling merchants and dreads, and leaving behind the heavy crap I'm tired of grabbing. I'm in all waters everywhere, so keep your eyes open. Come on in, the water's fine....no really.....**Garth Grey begins cleaning the cannon....**

nightstalker22

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The tribe appears to have spoken, but I'm gonna do it anyway. I'll be scuttling merchants and dreads, and leaving behind the heavy crap I'm tired of grabbing. I'm in all waters everywhere, so keep your eyes open. Come on in, the water's fine....no really.....**Garth Grey begins cleaning the cannon....**
I find that the Tokono waters are much, much smaller, and therefore less of a hassle for capturing pirates. I mean, you can sail one or two screens over, capture a pirate, and return for reward. Rinse and repeat. Much better than sailing 20 minutes each direction for an encounter.