• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Discussion] Would like information on two bottles.

Assia Penryn

The Sleeping Dragon
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
One is a blue-green and says "A Bottle Of Ale"

One is reddish and reads "A Bottle Of Liquor"

Looking for origin and where they came from please.

Assia Penryn

The Sleeping Dragon
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No one has any idea on where these came from? *pouts*

Although they don't appear to be the exact hue of similar 'common' bottles (admiral's rum, mel's wine), I want to make sure there isn't some new glitch/bug/exploit or a past one I'm unaware of that was used to create these.

Thunderz

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
When tok dyes came out if i remember right you could dye a bottle got from somewere (as a minor arti) and some bottles can or could be sold to vendors wich changed there name, might be out here.

TirNaNo'g

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
When tok dyes came out if i remember right you could dye a bottle got from somewere (as a minor arti) and some bottles can or could be sold to vendors wich changed there name, might be out here.
That sounds like a great explaination - the bottles do look a lot like the normal and nox green dyed Admiral's Hearty Rums I have on my table at home... I did try selling mine to an npc and buying back though and the name never changed. - However maybe at one time it was possible.

Assia Penryn

The Sleeping Dragon
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've never seen these for sale before. Has anyone else?

I had a few ideas where they might be from originally...

... vendor resell

... thieving bug

... duped item that lost its name

... very old rare from see days that lost its special gray name (like Quarterstaff of the Undead did - which royally sucked.)

I don't think its a tokuno dye bug because I've seen redyed bottles and they keep the name. Plus both bottles have different alcohol in them and while you can refill bottles with water, never seen anything recently where you can refill with other drinks.

The blue bottle might have been dyed with the invulnerability blue dye, but that still leaves the removal of the name.

My gut instinct on them is that they are 'old' items. I would think if they are something reproducible than they'd be all over like the blue apples, orange feathers and fishing weights. Also if it was reproducible I think they would have them on a vendor in Luna or high traffic so they could pump out as many as possible and sell them and not some shop in the middle of nowhere. He's asking a healthy chunk of change as well so I would think if it was reproducible they'd have all the colors and probably a lot lower in price so that they could sell as many as possible before they are common.

I really do appreciate you two helping brainstorm on this. For one, I don't want to buy these items and have them of course depreciate if they are some virtually unknown bug. Mainly though I want to find out if folks know anything because if it IS something new, than I want to educate/warn fellow rares owners.

I hope others will give there two cents and see if we can figure out an origin or at least a poll of how many others have seen bottles like this for sale.