• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(Question) Would a monthly event planning meeting be helpful?

Would you be able to attend a monthly meeting in regards to event planning for the upcoming month?

• Yes, I can attend via any means... Skype, TeamSpeak/Ventrilo, or mIRC.

Votes: 4 33.3%
  • Yes, I can attend via TeamSpeak/Ventrilo and mIRC.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, I can attend via mIRC.

• No, I cannot attend at all.

• No, because I do not find it useful.

Votes: 8 66.7%

• Total voters

Pandora_CoD

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hey guys, in order to avoid folks stepping over each other in event planning and splitting our population in two places... it may be useful for us to have a meeting, say after the mid-month, in where we all come together to coordinate events for the upcoming month.

Would you guys be able to attend such a meeting if we do it via Skype, via TeamSpeak/Ventrilo, via mIRC, etc. once a month toward the end of the month to plan for the next month?

Taking a poll.

Thom

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I didn't vote because there isn't an option for "no, I don't think it'd be helpful." We've only had one conflict in as long as I can remember us having a schedule, whether posted by Pandora or myself. I don't see a need to try and schedule a day and time that would work for so many different people with so many different schedules. I'm sorry Mare's event got over booked but... as was already stated the UORadio events are scheduled well in advance and we now know when those are supposed to happen. It's too much headache and hassle to bother with for very little if any actual accomplishment from it.

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't think this is required or beneficial.... that being said, Thom is mistaken that this has only happened once it happened early in December and it use to be more common.
My thoughts have always been this.....give lots of notice, and hold the best event you can. Keep it organized and make it fun....People will come!
If some RICHARD or JACK wants to be a Hater and double books...ignore them. Run the best event you can and eventually idiots will figure out how to play nice!

When you get known for your events....people wont try to double book because they know they wont have any turn out. Don't lower yourself or even acknowledge they or their event exists....Drama is beneath you and causing Drama is what they wanted when they double booked in the first place.

there it is....lets move on!

Thom

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The only events I know of in December that were overbooked was my fishing contest, which I gladly moved for the EM and I don't think really counts. And the unannounced K^S gift exchange, also don't think that one counts because it wasn't on the schedule.

Jacuyl

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
I think people have been reasonable as far as double-booking goes. :) I know I always look at the monthly calendar when I plan, everything from regular rp to guild events.