• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

WotLK Utgarde Keep Easy

W

wtfisit123

Wow, if a group with a Tier 5 hunter, bear tank druid, and pally healer can 3 man Utgarde keep with two wipes because of lack of knowledge on how to actually do it, it is easy. Me (Deadshoot Alliance Gilneas), Ronge and Beardedone, may have taken a little while, but easy.

First boss is most difficult. Every now and then he will randomly freeze a party member, no matter threat count, and it will not be stun. The freeze will be an object that can be killed by other party members and you may not move nor attack until broken. So far the only thing I know of to break it is Beastial Wrath. Nothing on druids work (bear form abilities nor shapeshifting), pally spells (even bubble), and feign death dont work. Just Beastial Wrath. And as well he will be spawning a mob of regular lvl 70 skeletons to attack the group about every 20seconds. He has 150k health and all else he casts is shadow bolt.

Second Boss is really two bosses one loot. Its basic two boss tank and spank. One being a mage and one a warrior. I went for the mage first. When one dies, it comes back as a ghost and cannot be harmed, but does the same thing as when it was alive, so don't think "Oh boy! kill one, and then half the damage will go awqay and happy for healers!" No. You then have to kill the other boss and then the battle is over. Not too hard, but obviously better with the regular 3 dps :gee: .

The third/last boss is really easy if you have a smaller group rather than regular group, or have a HoT healer (aka resto druid mainly). The first phase is just a tank and spank mostly. The boss casts bash which is like the new warrior talent move where it just hits a cone, so the solution is to have all the group besides tank facing the boss's back. He also does a roar which does roughly 2k dmg to all and has a chance of silencing, and anyone in range of the tank will be affected. The first phase has 120k Health.

The second phase is harder and the boss is reborn as an evil form of what he was before. His bash and roar attack have become Dark roar/bash and now do shadow damage, and have a little more kick. This next ability is the most demolishing part. He will every now and then throw his axe and it will circle around you for a while and you will die if you do not run. It does about 1-1.75k dmg to a well geared feral druid tank and hits about every 0.75 seconds. You must pay attention to whether he is holding the axe or not or look at the axe during this phase.Other than this you are fine. Just avoid the axe. Thank you and this was a WTFISIT123 notebook experience.

L

Lag

It's a basic blowthrough. I'm waiting to find something that can replace my t6...Looks like 25Nov already cleared Malygos, at level 78 to boot. PvE seems easy this time around.

E

Eldorian

The people that speed through the content are cracking me up. They're not going to have anything to do soon and are going to be the first ones to start QQing about not having anything to do.

R

RayneStorm

The people that speed through the content are cracking me up. They're not going to have anything to do soon and are going to be the first ones to start QQing about not having anything to do.
Totally agree with this statement. My wife and I are playing a bit here and there, really taking in the questlines and experiences. Our guild, unfortunately, is severely lacking in healers because most of them went to a DPS spec to level. Wife and I are thinking about pugging the instances so we can actually use the armor upgrades and experience the instances as we come to them, not at level 80.

L

Lag

*cough* twentyfifthnovember.com *cough*

paid to play WoW, along with being formerly SK Gaming/Nihilum. Oh, what a combo.

Dol'Gorath

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Paid to play WoW? How and why?

Sponsored guild. Sponsers pay the 25 man team go go out and dominate all the raid content first.
So they have the unique advantage of having no life outside WoW because the game is what pays their bills. :scholar:

R

RayneStorm

WoW is not a sport. Who, and more so, why, do companies sponsor guilds?
And where do I sign up? Hehe

Dol'Gorath

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
WoW is not a sport. Who, and more so, why, do companies sponsor guilds?
And where do I sign up? Hehe
Wow is an E-Sport to some people. There are also sponsored arena teams.
I am pretty sure to get sponsored you have to be a good raider and be on a good 25 man team. Would be cool if I could get sponsored but my guild is only ranked #5 on Sisters of Elune as of the end of BC. We'll be working to make top 3 in LK 25 man raiding.

W

wtfisit123

Honestly i agree with this, but i am not one of these people. I am actually not leveling that fast though i am a guild leader. I am mainly trying to get the "Chef" title lol im 73 now, but when we did UK we were just bored and we were seeing if our 3man team could withstand in WotLK dungeons. Proves it can ;) we were also able to 3 man heroic BC dungeons with ease :D My goals im setting myself this expansion are get chef, get the raven lord mount, get to 80, and give raiding the best shot i can

E

Emuishere

Definately have to agree with Eldorian's statement. I couldn't really play because my graphics card died once I installed Wrath, but I'm up and running now. Part of the thrill of an expanion is experiencing the content. I spent over an hour exploring Dalaran alone.

I'm looking forward to all the new quests etc. I mean it's great to be 1st at stuff but I feel when you rush through something especially as aesthetic as WoW you lose out on the beauty and overall experience. Not to mention the thrills of the new Dungeons.