• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Bowcraft/Fletching] Worth working only while doing Heartwood quest?

Gb8719

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Hey all. Excuse my ignorance since I'm just recently returning to the game.
I'm going to start working Fletching up pretty soon and saw the great rewards you can get from doing crafting quests in Heartwood. It looks like I can continue to make bows for gains and then try to trade them in for the quests in Heartwood for the rare rewards. Although this seems like it would be a lot more time consuming [since it's about a 2 minute cooldown on the quest], it would be a great way to get the items.

Is it even worth the extra effort needed to run back and forth making bows and waiting to turn the quests in or should I not bother?

kRUXCg7

Sage
Stratics Veteran
hm training bowcrafting from 0 to 100 only takes about two and a half hours, just did it myself (used a few alacrities but did not go visit the Satyr). I would not worry too much about being efficient the way you proposed, I'd just train it and then continue whatever you are planning to do.

Last edited:

Gb8719

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Probably a better idea. I did a couple rounds of quests and found I was getting antsy having to bother doing it. You're most likely right to just raise it and worry about it later.

On another note, I just saw how cheap scrolls of alas. are going on vendors for Fletching. This is great news. Thanks for the tip!

Barry Gibb

Of Saintly Patience
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
One thing you can do to drastically speed up Heartwood quests is to bring up the NPC's health bar and double click that to cycle through the quest until you get the one you want. You do not have to use the Resign button on the quest gump.

I liked doing the Heartwood fletching quest while training. It takes away from the monotony of doing them, since you are always seeing a reward (skill gain).

Stayin Alive,

BG