• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Worth renewing account?

Frodo Baggins

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have played on Pacific for years - have 2 accounts but have not played a lot the last year. My accounts have come up for renewal I pains me to pay again if the game is dying. A piece of me would die with the characters I have but not sure that piece is worth the $ anymore.
Thoughts?

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well there is an expansion coming "soon" and some shards are busier than others. I still find lots to do in game and have a great group of friends that I play with (that sounds dodgy!) so I would say yes. I dunno how busy Pacific is but it might be worth checking out ATL if you like to see a lot of people about.

Saul

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Why do you find it so hard to part with such a nominal fee for such an awsome game? Think of it as a virtual big mac once a week and you will be skinnier and less hungry.

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
I think it's a bit overblown that the game is "dying". I mean sure, it's a mature game that is past it's hey-dey, but Atlantic shard still has a very active and vibrant community.

My guild on ATL would be glad to have you if you're interested and need any assistance getting back up on your feet. Feel free to send a PM or ICQ message.

Good luck and I hope you decide to stay in game :)

Diomedes Artega

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I second and third what some others have said. The Atlantic Shard has always been a vibrant community. Good luck out there!

Bliss

Adventurer
I'd only activate one account to check it out. That's what I'm doing. In the last week I've been to one EM event but mostly been going through banks and getting a house set up for home base. There are people to talk to and do things with if you ask. (at least on Catskills though when I was jumping shard to shard to check what I had on characters, I did see action around inns/banks on other shards.) It's not what it used to be but it's not dead. I think the shard EMs are a big reason why it's still kicking. I'm seeing so many returning player posts lately.. :)

Whyterose

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
I just returned to UO after a 6-7 year absence, I play on Great Lakes and my guild, Guild of Friends, is still active so that makes coming back to the game much easier. There is so much more to see and do now! :)

Diomedes Artega

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That is quite neat the guild you were in is still the same one and quite active. This is not so common in games, especially 6-7 years time frame.

Hey there!

I recently reactivated after not playing actively since AoS days. It's so much fun. It's a blast seeing old friends and foes (the latter now friends as we're all old with kids now lol) and trying to make new templates.

After many years in WoW nothing compares to UO.

I am on LS but may be moving a toon or two to Atlantic. Let me know if you need anything on LS if you happen upon there.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yes it is worth renewing. The only cheaper entertainment would be doing something that costs you zero dollars. $10 a month is the cheapest of the chump changes.

Diomedes Artega

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hey there!

I recently reactivated after not playing actively since AoS days. It's so much fun. It's a blast seeing old friends and foes (the latter now friends as we're all old with kids now lol) and trying to make new templates.

After many years in WoW nothing compares to UO.

I am on LS but may be moving a toon or two to Atlantic. Let me know if you need anything on LS if you happen upon there.
How is LS? I've always played on Atlantic...good or bad I don't know. I had a toon on Origin for a while, but my friends on there don't play any more.