• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Tailoring] Worst turn-ins ever

Black Tom

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What's your worst run of BOD turn ins? I just had mine. 600 tailor BODs, almost 400 of those all leather types. Grand total of 4 spined kit larges and 1 CBD large.

Make me feel better, who's had worse?

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Does not getting a Barbed kit large in my first 3 years of tailoring, count? Granted, I've gotten about 10 since then, but with 2-5 tailors, getting BODs 1-2 times a day, it wasn't until we got the ability to get new BODs for turn-ins that I got my first Barbed kit large, and took 6 more months of filling and getting new BODs to fill it.

Trip before last, I turned in about 130 BODs, and got about what you did - but ALL FOUR of my spined kit LBODs were THE EXACT SAME BOD (wizard normal 20), meaning that there wasn't much of a chance to fill any of them - especially since the only smalls I got for it in that trip were 3 robes - didn't get any of the other parts, and didn't have any of the other parts on hand.

And, people claim that the UO Random Number generator doesn't have streakiness issues... jeesh...

Black Tom

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think it took me about that long to get my first barbed myself. But I've always gotten quite a few horned kits. Lately I've been averaging 1 barbed, 2 horned and 2 CBDs per 200 turn ins.

I knew it was going to be ugly when I couldn't recall to my favorite tailor.

L

Lunaticus

Hmmmm. . . considering that I've been doing BODs since the day they came out and have STILL never received anything higher than one (yes ONE) horned runic, I would stay that I have some pretty craptastic luck! :spider:

K

Kallie Pigeon

I just filled what I thought was a lbod for a barbed runic but when I turned it in, I found it was for a 120 scroll. Duh. How much are those worth?

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
120 Tailoring BOD worth: Replaces 1 Sears Roebuck Catalog for a trip to the Outhouse.

They are worth practically nothing, unless you know someone that needs one at the moment. The only time in the last 5 years they had any appreciable worth was as 3500 points in the spring cleaning turn-ins.

I typically keep a couple of complete (or nearly so) BOD sets for 120 Tailor BODs, unfilled, to give to new crafters for their training.

Smith 120s, though, are much harder to get, and typically sell for 200-350k, depending on shard - but even then, you might have to wait months for a buyer. On the other hand, they DO have a substantial gold component to their reward.