• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Worst job?

Dodger

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Mine was dressing up as the phantom for a two week supermarket promotion.

First day I ran into a 85 year old woman, bowling her over. End of job.

Mods need not reply, everybody knows.

Jirel of Joiry

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UGH! My last job. I did bookkeeping for a small family run business. When I left my duties included receptionist, salesperson, shipping and receiving, collections, and still did the bookkeeping. Collecting on open & outstanding invoices was the WORST! In 2008 and they had open invoices going back to 2004. You can only imagine the "static" I received when I made contact with a business regarding these ancient invoices.

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Waiter at a restaurant/arcade designed for young children. You know your job sucks when the first thing you think of when your boss tells you to clean up a mess is "well, I almost got through one day without cleaning up puke, maybe tomorrow will be better". Tomorrow was never better. Ever. You never truly understand what it means to hate your life until your in a room filled with screaming children who are throwing food at you while their parents do nothing and just laugh at your misery. For minimum wage. Absolute worst 3 months of my life.

Dodger

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Waiter at a restaurant/arcade designed for young children. You know your job sucks when the first thing you think of when your boss tells you to clean up a mess is "well, I almost got through one day without cleaning up puke, maybe tomorrow will be better". Tomorrow was never better. Ever. You never truly understand what it means to hate your life until your in a room filled with screaming children who are throwing food at you while their parents do nothing and just laugh at your misery. For minimum wage. Absolute worst 3 months of my life.
Sounds like marriage.

Noldor

Knight, Order of the Bug Hunters
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was living with my fiancee in Mississippi working 2 eight-hour jobs. Other than straining our relationship, it was slowly making me age quicker than normal (stress, no sleep, bad eating habits, etc.) But that is only the back story to the worst job! -)

A female friend back in California (I had known for 10 years before I met my fiancee) had married a rich man who was the founder of a telecommunications company. She had boasted on my skills and I received a call from her (and him) with a job offer...2x what I was making working 2 jobs. The fiancee and I talked it over and I moved to California with the plan: work 6 months...if it worked out...move her out. IF not, move back to Mississippi.

Here is the bad part: The job turned into a Swinger-nightmare. The company owner was a very evil sociopath. He employed ex-cons on parole or current ex-addicts on court ordered job requirements. IF anyone didn't do everything the owner said, he would make up some ********, report them, and they would be sent off to prison for parole violations. Add to this that my female friend was being gaslighted & manipulated into being the owner's private slut...he paid for face/body lifts, boobs, the works...now he OWNS her.

The nature of the job didn't reveal itself right away...I was starting to see "behind the curtain" slowly over months at this job. Installing telephone equipment was merely the tip of a very twisted iceberg. The reality came into sharper focus when the owner requested my help (since I was more computer-centric than him) installing a camera system in his house...so his then-wife (my female friend) would do house work in the nude and **** random strangers sent by him...and charge people online $$$ to watch. I quoted him a huge sum of $100,000 to get it all up and running...and he declined....as I hoped he would.

It took 9 months before my fiancee could sell the house in Mississippi and get her affairs in order. I flew back, packed her house into a huge UHaul truck, pull her car on a trailer behind it, and moved her to California. After exactly 1 year to the day, I quit.

Yes, he tried to force me into doing evil things but had NOTHING to hold over my head. He tried to order his wife (my female friend) to **** me on camera...so he would have leverage (threats to expose me to my fiancee) but this just solidified my female friend to start divorce proceedings.

She got a very hefty settlement (he was worth million$) and got her life back on a normal track. The communication company still exists, the owner continues to pull the same **** and wins every lawsuit brought by ex-employees (many who are still in prison)!

TQQdles™

Last edited:

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Hmm... I didn't last a full shift at Churches Fried Chicken (its a KFC like chain in the south). Couldn't handle the raw chicken smell, the huge vats of oil smell, or the heat back there. Nor will I ever eat fast food chicken again.

Noldor

Knight, Order of the Bug Hunters
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hmm... I didn't last a full shift at Churches Fried Chicken (its a KFC like chain in the south). Couldn't handle the raw chicken smell, the huge vats of oil smell, or the heat back there. Nor will I ever eat fast food chicken again.
Ah...Church's. All over Florida, Alabama, Mississippi... Never saw the reason why people loved it...I found it to be cheap greasy chicken. I recently had KFC...last time was 9 months ago. I was around when KFC really went down into the cesspool and they had to have the retired Col. Sanders come back and re-train how to do it. And everything was great again...until 6 months after the Col. died...then it once again fell into the dumpster...food quality was bad and prices almost doubled. It ended up KFC almost closing all their locations...before they finally understood that Quality will bring and retain their customers. They fired the "bean counters" and started a very slow rise back up into the black. In my opinion, they still haven't recovered back to before the Col. died.

The only bought-from-restaurant chicken I like are real Buffalo Chicken Wings...the way they make them in Buffalo, NY. Been there, had them, loved them.

TQQdles™

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Retail jobs seem like the quickest way to kill your passion to me....I can't even imagine how depressed someone must be after working in retail for 20+ years, knowing every day that no matter what they do or how well they do it, all it really boils down to is they're making money for some random boss at corporate headquarters who is most likely already a millionaire with no need for more money other than pure greed.

GasaiYuno

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Retail jobs seem like the quickest way to kill your passion to me....I can't even imagine how depressed someone must be after working in retail for 20+ years, knowing every day that no matter what they do or how well they do it, all it really boils down to is they're making money for some random boss at corporate headquarters who is most likely already a millionaire with no need for more money other than pure greed.
And it also kills any faith you have left in humanity too.

old gypsy

Grand Poobah
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Retail sucks. But being a conservative in a progressive school district isn't much better.

Mirt

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Retail in general is sucky and not worth doing.

Edit: It's not always the customers who are an issue, it can be co-workers and managers.
Retail is bad, but imagine what I do which is providing facility services to retail. I have to listen to endless SM's complain.