• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

World Wide Invitational - The Stratics Pre-Game Show

E

Eldorian

We're now only days away from the Blizzard World Wide Invitational event in Paris this weekend. Crunch time for me has hit as I start realizing that I actually leave here in a couple days for the event.
This trip is especially exciting for me because not only is this my first ever Blizzard event (Blizzcon last year happened to land on one of my best friend's wedding day) but it's also my first trip I've ever made overseas into Europe.
So, for the benefit of those who might be in the same predicament as myself, I have decided to put together my little "to-do" list of things I'm preparing for as well as what I am expecting to do when out there. I'm hoping this is somewhat beneficial for those who are the last minute travelers.
To Get
  • Comfortable Shoes
  • Passport with information filled out
  • Digital Camera
  • Extra SD Cards
  • HD Digital Camcorder (this is an item I needed to take quality videos while at the event to post on Stratics)
  • Extra DV tapes for my Camcorder
  • Tripod for cameras
  • Extra batteries and battery recharger (that also converted voltage)
  • Small French/English Traveler Dictionary
  • Electrical outlet adapter
  • Laptop (For updates)
  • Toiletries
  • Extra Clothes
  • Rain Jacket
  • Umbrella
  • Travelers Checks
To Do
  • Exchange currency when I arrive
  • Meet up with some people Friday for site seeing (Eiffel Tower, Arc de Triomphe, The Louvre, Notre Dame, and anything else we can squeeze in
  • Take lots of pictures and video of above places
  • Get souvenirs for myself and gifts for friends and family
  • Drink a coke (as I've been told to do)
  • Eat at a McDonalds (also was told to do this)
  • Saturday and Sunday at the event - who knows right now. Blizzard has been pretty mum on what's going to happen there and what will be announced and when. Hopefully I'll have lots of pictures, videos, and interviews to show you all on the site.
  • Upload pictures and post on the site each day/night with updates from the show
  • When getting back home, render all videos in high definition and get them posted on the site (my laptop wouldn't be able to handle them).
  • Crash
Tips I've Been Told
  • Keep your wallet/money in your front pocket
  • Paris is great during the day, but might not want to venture too far by yourself at night as a foreigner
  • Even if you don't know French, even if you make some kind of effort people will help you
  • Take the metro. Taxis are expensive.
  • Cheapest way to communicate overseas with your cellphone is through text messaging.
  • Have fun!
So that's pretty much my list. Hopefully it helps out some people. If you have any other things you think I should add to this, please feel free to comment in our forums!

More...