• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Working taming?

S

Shinners

Are taming gains still Slow as bleeeeeep and take forever to get to gm or higher

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Unless you shell out BIG bucks for trans scrolls when you can find them.

Little shortcut I found tho, buy some Alacrity scrolls. Tame until you get a gain. Log off and wait a day. Log back on eat the alacrity scroll, tame until you get a gain, go log off. Keep repeating with a day difference until that Alacrity scroll runs out, it usually only took me one or two tames to snag a gain that way. Most think it is a real world 15 minutes. But, it is actually an in game 15 minutes. At least it was here a short time back and have not heard anything about it changing. While it drags out the grind over time, it's way less boring than grinding, grinding and grinding. Worked fairly well for me, and freed me up to do other things than tame all day long wasting gold on alacrity's for only one or two gains during each 15 minute window.

Wenchkin

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yup, it's still slow and boring :D

Best way I found was to tame for a few mins when I log in, then just at the end of a game session. Then I'd get a GGS and maybe another gain or 2 if I got lucky.

Or tame pets like cu sidhe. I used to boost up to 110 with jewels and just tame the cu's to turn over spawn looking for coloured pups to sell. Then I got gains in the process but I was achieving something useful in between gains. It's very good if you're training barding skills at the same time - I'd raise disco/prov and taming all at the same time. Much more fun than chasing bulls!

Wenchy