• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Imbuing] Working on Reforging FAQ

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
As it uses the Soulforge, it will be a subset of the Imbuing FAQ.

I'm looking for contributions of information from testing, experience, etc.

One thing to note so far -

You can Reforge Hats (an improvement, since you can't make Runic Hats). However, if you choose an option that changes their resists (i.e. makes them Brittle or Cannot be Repaired), they revert to uncolored cloth default color.

So, if you want to make an Audacious pimp hat of Badness or some-such out of fire cloth, you'll want to not click those options.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Yes, Gargish cloth armor can be reforged.

Just made a Mystic Gargish Cloth Chest of Wizardry (was normal quality, not EX)

Casting Focus 3%
Int +4
Mana Increase 10
LMC 2%
LR 20%
Resists 5/7/6/6/6

Krinkle

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Here is some basic information that I have not seen posted.

If you use Powder of Fortifying and then select Structural/Fortified Re-Forging on a piece, the durability will revert to a lesser amount of durability.

You can use Powder of Fortifying on a piece after you Re-Forge unless you selected Structural/Fortified Re-Forging.

You can enhance with special materials after you Re-Forge but cannot use special materials with Re-Forging.

Re-Forged items follow all of the normal rules for Imbuing. (i.e. you can still Imbue an item if your Re-Forged piece does not already have 5 properties and 450/500 weight).

Heimi

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How do people make armour with 20+ resist using reforging? Is it just a randomly occuring property?

R Traveler

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Reforging resists does stacks with exc and armslore bonuses and could be upto 20.
So if base item had 12 in some resists it have chance to have 32 for example.

And yes, its random

Gorbs

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Are there any benefits to your reforger being a gargoyle and/or using the queen's forge?

J.B.

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Queens forge does not add bonus's and being a gargoyle does not add a bonus for re forging, I think it states that in the patch notes.

o2bavr6

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm not sure if this is a bug or not, at least on TC1, but when you try to re-forge a kryss with DCI on it, you need to select Aegis. But Aegis is not available as a selection. Im trying to make a spell channel kryss with DCI and it seems like I cant.