• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Working as intended?

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Once in vamp form you can equip and unequip gloves of the holy warrior without losing form.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
There has never been a requirement to keep the necro skill above a set point. Players have been using jewels to do the same thing.

Shhh. You can also use a scroll to cast it.

Just like players who cast protection with a scroll without magery.

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Perhaps I wasn't clear because your answer Literally makes no sense.
I have 99 necro and cast VE.
If I equip gloves this drops necro to 86 which is under the required skill to maintain VE. Yet I do not.

Now using your example, if I wear rings to reach 99 necro cast VE and then remove the rings, I lose the ability to maintain VE. So I suppose my next quest is why did someone state that this was somehow detrimental to a sampire? Literally the only useful thing that uses necro skill instead of spirit speak for power are the forms...

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Perhaps I wasn't clear because your answer Literally makes no sense.
I have 99 necro and cast VE.
If I equip gloves this drops necro to 86 which is under the required skill to maintain VE. Yet I do not.

Now using your example, if I wear rings to reach 99 necro cast VE and then remove the rings, I lose the ability to maintain VE. So I suppose my next quest is why did someone state that this was somehow detrimental to a sampire? Literally the only useful thing that uses necro skill instead of spirit speak for power are the forms...
What makes you think there is a required skill to maintain it? Can you link that requirement?

They changed soul stone use while in form because players were casting it and removing necro and putting another skill in its place.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Read the last piece of the description.

Caster receives 20% life drain on every hit.
Caster receives immunity to poison levels 1-4.
Caster receives “Mana Regeneration 2” (?).
Caster receives “Stamina Regeneration 10” (?).
Caster receives +25% damage from “Undead Slayers”.
Caster receives -25 fire resist.
Caster is damage when casting a spell consuming garlic (17-23 damage) and cannot drink garlic based (cure) potions.

Duration is permanent until death or a transformation spell is cast.

Should a player lose VE if discorded? They never have.

Last edited:

Ungoliant

Journeyman
I am pretty certain that I have lost VE from Juo'nar (sp?) on the roof. It has been a while so I may be misremembering.

WootSauce

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
There was a change to vamp form many years ago that require you to have 99 necro to maintain the form. I am pretty sure that there is no way to link it because it was before the stratics data was lost. There were many many heated debates on this change or "nerf" depending on how you looked at it. If you can now cast and maintain vamp without 99 necro, that is a game changer.

hirikawa

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
If you can now cast and maintain vamp without 99 necro, that is a game changer.
Perhaps this was simply overlooked by the developers. However, they did not comment on this matter (there was topic about Gloves on the official UO forum).

Korik Bloodguard

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I did a bunch of testing on this a few weeks ago.

You won't fall out of VE if you have 99 natural skill but wear the gloves. But if you use items to get your Necro to VE levels then take them off, you'll fall out of VE over time in combat.

The gloves themselves are no more op than any of the other armor pieces they've released through ToTs.

Ang7

Sage
UNLEASHED
I posted this in another related thread. If your samp suit is already near maxed out you are likely to gain about 15 stats. For me it was 2 stam 13 mana.

the chiv skill boost wasn’t helpful and holy light proc doesn’t seem to do much

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Literally the only useful thing that uses necro skill instead of spirit speak for power are the forms...
Wraith Form's Mana Drain actually scales with Spirit Speak skill.

Should a player lose VE if discorded? They never have.
That's literally why you don't lose VE from debuffs (or items) lowering your Necro skill, so that Discord effects (from either Satyr's or Juo'nar's "Necrotic Touch") won't drop you out of Vamp Form.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
That's literally why you don't lose VE from debuffs (or items) lowering your Necro skill, so that Discord effects (from either Satyr's or Juo'nar's "Necrotic Touch") won't drop you out of Vamp Form.
That's why I am saying it is working as intended. Some don't like it but it's the mechanics.
Those that don't like it can petition for a change.

@Fridgster I'm out, you can argue with Playerskill.

Have a nice Thanksgiving all!

Last edited: