• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Spellweaving] Word of Death

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hello Folks,

Just a short question: If I don't want to spend all 120 skillpoints on WoD, how much would you recommend: 100? 110? I just want to make sur that the spell fizzles all the time. Is there a table that shows you success-ratio at 100, 105, 110?

Do you need 120 for a 100% success rate?

Thank you!

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
I can't seem to find the back up supporting links to support this, but I could've sworn seeing in the past that you could cast at 99% success rate at 117.5 skill.

Personally, I always work up to 120 SW on all my weavers and try to always have a level 6 focus (although that might be easier said than done if you have the Lv 3 mastery, are on Atlantic and in a large guild).

I'm a firm believer that: Lv 6 focus + 120 skill + high SDI = almost always one of the top damagers. For SDI... Go into Reaper Form, cast Arcane Empowerment, eat Grapes of Wrath, eat the SDI fish pie, have the SDI town buff, plus anything additional on suit and jewels... and you're going to be hitting 750+ points of damage (if not more) every WoD. If you have max FC/FCR and can spam the spell once the target is beneath 30%... hard not to find yourself doing top-rate offense.

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah, the offensive power is unsurpassed. I take it to 120 then. The problem is RoT om Siege. Horrible gains after 90 ;)

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Yeah, the offensive power is unsurpassed. I take it to 120 then. The problem is RoT om Siege. Horrible gains after 90 ;)
Oh goodness... yeah, that's going to be a long ride then.

Good luck!

Diomedes Artega

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The old EA tables around 99% success is basically so close to 120 that it would be foolish not to have 120 spellweaving if you were able to.

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Kk. Thank you. I have 10 weavers on 120 on Prodo Shards, but on Siege you want to squeeze every point out of your template ;)

Diomedes Artega

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Kk. Thank you. I have 10 weavers on 120 on Prodo Shards, but on Siege you want to squeeze every point out of your template ;)
10 weavers? Gosh...lol. You must enjoy it eh? Any interesting spellweaving templates that compliment ninjitsu or bushido? Just looking for some new ideas. May go back to playing on Siege. Tired of the same templates.

Zalan

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
According to UO Guide you can still fizzle at 120. 100% casting is 37.5 skill past the minium which is 92.5. Use Scrolls for 100% chance to cast maybe.

swampjumper

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Greetings make a self repair suit of self repair 2 or btr then cast wod on your self I rode about Siege casting wod on my self every 15 mins . Didnt go out till my 15 mins was up then went outside and would cast on myself wether u fail or sucseed u will get a gain set a timer to remind you. Not as hard as you think I lucked out on scroll Lady who left Siege gave me one she had.

Max Blackoak

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
to speed up gains use a scroll of alacrity! log out immediately after each skill gain and log back in after 15 minutes or later to get the next one. Usually one SoA is enough to take you from gm to 120 and it will only be a couple of days depending on how often you'll be able to get gains. Every time I did this for any skill it didn't take longer than a week to get from 0 to 120.
people always think that RoT on Siege is such a bad thing - it isn't! It's different, that's all. Once you have an understanding of it's mechanics it can actually be much faster/easier/less ressource intensive than the prodo gain system (as long as you stick to legal methods and don't go afk).

Diomedes Artega

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
According to UO Guide you can still fizzle at 120. 100% casting is 37.5 skill past the minium which is 92.5. Use Scrolls for 100% chance to cast maybe.
That goes for other skills though as well. 120 is not always indicative of perfection. I would whiff very occasionally at 120 SW.

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
to speed up gains use a scroll of alacrity! log out immediately after each skill gain and log back in after 15 minutes or later to get the next one. Usually one SoA is enough to take you from gm to 120 and it will only be a couple of days depending on how often you'll be able to get gains. Every time I did this for any skill it didn't take longer than a week to get from 0 to 120.
people always think that RoT on Siege is such a bad thing - it isn't! It's different, that's all. Once you have an understanding of it's mechanics it can actually be much faster/easier/less ressource intensive than the prodo gain system (as long as you stick to legal methods and don't go afk).
Thanks Max, Thanks all! I know the alacrity-strategy, but I can't get no blue nor any pinks for SW. I did it with Resist or Mystic, but SW blues and pinks seem to be really rare ;)

Ru TnT

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks Max, Thanks all! I know the alacrity-strategy, but I can't get no blue nor any pinks for SW. I did it with Resist or Mystic, but SW blues and pinks seem to be really rare ;)
You've got mail! :)

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Aaahhh, Ru! Thank you! Havent seen you in a while! Great to see you!