• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

woops placed a house :\ Question...

• Thread starter sapphirediablo11
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
S

sapphirediablo11

Okay i was looking about and saw i was missing, a house (so i thought :| ) and so i placed a house, and was quiet content with it... But then i logged out to get another character there and one of them, was at a house... it was MINE D: and so i ask,

If i drop the new house, can i renew the old one?
(these are not GrandFather houses)

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ummm....kind of sounds like you bought an account or took over one and didn't quite know what you were getting.

In any event, I believe the "old" house on that account (I'll call it house #1) is doomed to collapse within five days of when you placed the "new" house (let's call it house #2), unless you are able to transfer house #1 to another account before it falls on day 5.

If the shard you're on is not heavily populated and house #1 is in an out-of-the way spot, you might just want to move everything out of it to house #2for a few days (don't forget to access the moving crate and clean it out), watch house #1 fall and take your chances at being able to place another house (house #3) in that spot a week after you placed house #2. Then cart everything over to house #3, put your feet up and resolve to stay put for a while.

Or you could just move all your new-found stuff to house #2 from house #1 and be satisfied with it.

S

sapphirediablo11

Well i have 7 accounts (hehe :| don't ask well do if you want :|)

And i was trying to get around on my main account, and they only had 6 runes :| but one house is side to the castle... so i odn't go to it much... it just made ice island alot greener :|

Hrmm well could i just slowly transfer it from one character to another, until the end :| i hate this... the first time i'm unorganized :| in 10 years of uo :| pewfy :|

Faeryl

2011 Winter Deco Contest 1st Place
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've never tried, but can't you just set your first house to primary, thus comdemning the other to the same stage of decay the first was at, as well as renewing the first?

Sarsmi

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You can just juggle houses around since you have more than 2 accounts. Transfer the decaying house to a third account. Then you should have no houses on that account, and a decaying house on the third account. Transfer that decaying house on the third account back to the first account. If you get hit by the timer just wait a few days and transfer to a fourth account then transfer the fourth account house to the first account when the timer is up. You get the picture, house juggling!

The inconvenience lies in having to refriend and reco-own all those various accounts. It's a real pain in the patookus.

Lady_Rachel

Lore Keeper
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Or you could just move all the things out of house A, if that is the one you want to keep. Stuff it in the house B that you inadvertently placed.
Drop house A on some off time for your shard and replot it. Then all that is left is moving your things out of house B and watch it decay.

T

Tazar

I wonder if the "I wish to resize this house" command would refresh it? If I remember right, Jeremy did say that it acts like a house demo/replace.

T

The Home Guild

I wonder if the "I wish to resize this house" command would refresh it? If I remember right, Jeremy did say that it acts like a house demo/replace.
No sir it won't.
it will give a gump and you choose to demo to resize plot.
:)

T

The Home Guild

Okay i was looking about and saw i was missing, a house (so i thought :| ) and so i placed a house, and was quiet content with it... But then i logged out to get another character there and one of them, was at a house... it was MINE D: and so i ask,

If i drop the new house, can i renew the old one?
(these are not GrandFather houses)
No.
you'd have to make sure new home is dropped/traded.
then jsut demo or to be safe...resize the home and replot larger[if it can]
hope it helps.