• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

WOOOOOT! WE DID IT!

• Thread starter Crystal Canyon
  • Start date
  • Watchers 1
Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Crystal Canyon

First I would like to say.... WOOOOOT! We did it!

The Harrower party did indeed take place last night on Origin and was a HUGE success!

Congrats to Origin Citizens for pulling this off!

*****Thank you MORGAINE*****

Only you, Morgaine, could have put this together and ensured that it went so smoothly. We could not have done this without your expert leadership. The entire shard salutes your efforts!

*****Thank You "R" Guild*****

These guys were simply awesome in protecting us and allowing us to complete the Harrower.

***** Thank You Sara*****

Sara, you make every event more enjoyable and not only do you show up to report, but you participate. Your ability to type out orders for those who do not use Vent and fight at the same time is unbelievable! What more could a shard ask for from a reporter?

***** Thank You EM Faine*****

We had some backup there that was next to none but, you cheering us on was inspirational to say the least. Origin is the luckiest shard on the game to have you and EM Laurana as our EMs.

And last but not least:

*****Thank You Citizens of Origin*****

Although you were small in numbers, you came out with the determination of a entire army. You helped provide us all with a night of entertainment that will be talked about for a long time to come and remembered forever.

I don't want to spill the beans here on just how well the event went or how awesome it really was. I just really wanted to thank everyone for such a great time. Sara will be posting a story and a TON of pictures soon. Unfortunately, she had a tragedy in the family and is unable to get it posted right at the moment. Please watch for her article, its going to be one for the books I'm sure! :thumbsup:

Please keep Sara and her family in your thoughts.

F

Frey Wavestrider

As I said last night it was a great experience. Thank you Morgaine and all of the members of "R" who helped ensure we only had to worry about taking down Harry. To everyone involved well done. To Faine thank you for the cheering. Sara it was a pleasure to fight alongside you as usual and my thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am soo happy for all of you and I wish I could have been there.

Alas another harry I missed. I have had a recent health issue pop up that has taken me out of the game....once I am back I look forward to seeing you all again!

Well Done Morgraine!!!! You are a fine representative of Origin!

Sara Of Baja

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As I said last night it was a great experience. Thank you Morgaine and all of the members of "R" who helped ensure we only had to worry about taking down Harry. To everyone involved well done. To Faine thank you for the cheering. Sara it was a pleasure to fight alongside you as usual and my thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family
Thank you, Frey .. It's always fun to attend Origin events. You and the Brat keep things going!

Thank you, too for the thoughts and prayers. Long story short, my cousin's wife (a young, healthy, active RN) went into cardiac arrest and is currently on life support. The family is awaiting test results.

Stussywear

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I dont know why you're celebrating. You didnt do a true harrower. The entire point of doing a harrower is the thrill and rush of defending it while you work to keep it.

Congratulations, you beat the computer.

Pan Arcane

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*****Thank you MORGAINE*****

Only you, Morgaine, could have put this together and ensured that it went so smoothly. We could not have done this without your expert leadership. The entire shard salutes your efforts!

*****Thank You "R" Guild*****
Morgaine should put on a leadership WORKshop.

C

Crystal Canyon

I dont know why you're celebrating. You didnt do a true harrower. The entire point of doing a harrower is the thrill and rush of defending it while you work to keep it.

Really? Well now I have taken the time to look up information on the Harrower on Stratics and they didnt say a thing about that there. So, if you dont mind, if we didnt do the "true Harrower" (but its life bar did state that it was), what was the name of the creature we did slay? I would be very interested in looking information up on it.

Oh and congrats to you also for fighting pixels in Fel and then claiming victory!!!! Whoo HOoo...you beat a pixel!!!!! :loser:

Pan Arcane

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh and congrats to you also for fighting pixels in Fel and then claiming victory!!!! Whoo HOoo...you beat a pixel!!!!! :loser:
Oh and congrats to you for claiming to own a tile in Luna behind your vendor house where your runes are marked and threatening peoples' accounts when they stand there to block it.

Stussywear

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Really? Well now I have taken the time to look up information on the Harrower on Stratics and they didnt say a thing about that there. So, if you dont mind, if we didnt do the "true Harrower" (but its life bar did state that it was), what was the name of the creature we did slay? I would be very interested in looking information up on it.

HEY PAN. I PLAYED A MEAN GAME OF CAPTURE THE FLAG TODAY. NOBODY EVEN SEEN ME, I CAPTURED THE FLAG AND RETURNED IT BACK TO MY BASE AND WON! I WAS THE HERO. I WAS THE MVP! Too bad I was the only one who played.

Winning, when there is no opposition, doesn't make you a winner. You beat the computer, impressive.

You can play capture the flag by yourself. By definition, you're really playing capture the flag. But without anyone to play against, you're not really playing "REAL" capture the flag.

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Good job for being so brave.

C

Crystal Canyon

Oh and congrats to you for claiming to own a tile in Luna behind your vendor house where your runes are marked and threatening peoples' accounts when they stand there to block it.

LOL...well for one thing you dont make yourself look too smart making those type of comments sinse there would be nothing I could do anyone accounts and uhmmmm heres the bad news for you, everyone playing UO knows that! Hehehe, your too cute Pan.

Being asked to move off of someone recall spot does not constitute claiming property.

YOu guys just need to get over the fact that you got one pulled over on you...hehehe, YOur truley beginning to sound like some spoiled brats who lost at a game of cowboys and Indians.

C

Crystal Canyon

HEY PAN. I PLAYED A MEAN GAME OF CAPTURE THE FLAG TODAY. NOBODY EVEN SEEN ME, I CAPTURED THE FLAG AND RETURNED IT BACK TO MY BASE AND WON! I WAS THE HERO. I WAS THE MVP! Too bad I was the only one who played.

Winning, when there is no opposition, doesn't make you a winner. You beat the computer, impressive.

You can play capture the flag by yourself. By definition, you're really playing capture the flag. But without anyone to play against, you're not really playing "REAL" capture the flag.

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Good job for being so brave.
Sounds like you had fun playing by yourself. Why dont you just continue to do that. Im sure you would come out a "winner" more times there than you would here.

Good Luck! :D

Stussywear

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
From a true winner like you, I feel blessed. Do you celebrate your Uo birthdays?

C

Crystal Canyon

From a true winner like you, I feel blessed. Do you celebrate your Uo birthdays?
No, actually I don't celebrate my UO Birthdays but...Ea games does. Yes, sir every year on my UO Birthday they offer me a choice of gifts. Its called veteran rewards and are given each year on the date you started.

NOw next year when EA offers you a "Birthday gift", because you are sooooo above anything so "trammie like", Ill just say now that I will gladly accept that gift for you. (We would not want anyone to get the idea you might enjoy anything like that).

ROFL :D

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

WOW did everyone forget this is a game? This isn't real life, this is recreation.

Most of US are suppose to be adults here.

All I can say after reading all these harrower threads is WOW.

Y

Yen Sid

Well seeming this thread got hijacked, let me pull it in the direction it was supposed to be going in.

I just want to say how much fun it was doing the Harrower. I have not had such a good time in UO in a long time.

I just want to thank Morgaine for setting it up and seeing it through until the end and making sure it went off without a hitch (which it did :D).

Thanks to Sara for being such a good reporter and sticking with us until the end and helping to kill the Harrower.

Thanks to EM Faine Morgan for showing up and cheering us on; the motivation really helped in the last stretch.

Thanks to "R" for taking the time to defend us from the ever elusive raiders. :danceb:

And I would especially like to congratulate everyone that helped accomplish this. It is no easy thing to do and having everyone helping out was just amazing. It was inspiring to see the folks of Origin helping everyone out the way we did. I cannot wait for the next thing Morgaine cooks up ;)

Once again, thanks to Morgaine, you really know how to get the ball rolling. ;)

C

Crystal Canyon

Timberwolf...Glad to see you back around. I sure hope your feeling better.

Stussywear

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Good point Timberwolf. I get sucked in sometimes by ignorant mouths like CCC. I should learn to just ignore.

C

Crystal Canyon

Good point Timberwolf. I get sucked in sometimes by ignorant mouths like CCC. I should learn to just ignore.
With all due respect...LOL...you should go read the posts from top to bottom before making such a statement.

This thread started as a thank to all who participated in the hunt and was exactly that until you made a post with "your ignorant mouth"...as everyone can cleary see, thats where it changed to ignorance.

I seriously doubt that anyone has forgotten how to read sinse this morning, so your looking pretty weak here. I think it is time to stop.

We pulled it off, you got mad because you didnt stop us and thats that! Get over it!

Stussywear

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
With all due respect...LOL...you should go read the posts from top to bottom before making such a statement.

This thread started as a thank to all who participated in the hunt and was exactly that until you made a post with "your ignorant mouth"...as everyone can cleary see, thats where it changed to ignorance.

I seriously doubt that anyone has forgotten how to read sinse this morning, so your looking pretty weak here. I think it is time to stop.

We pulled it off, you got mad because you didnt stop us and thats that! Get over it!
Me mentioning that it's not near as fun doing a harrower, in secret, compared to actually defending one, is hardly being ignorant. You're just a mouth, who likes to think someone out there values her opinion. Maybe your friends do, but nobody else does. Keep er up champ. It's really hard to move on from something, when you continue to throw into the fire. Follow your own advice maybe?

C

Crystal Canyon

Get over it! We are not going to turn around and go back to do it again, making sure you are notified of the time and date, just to make you stop with all the ignorance. Not going to happen...get over it! :D

Enough said!

C

Chaucer of TS

Me mentioning that it's not near as fun doing a harrower, in secret, compared to actually defending one, is hardly being ignorant. You're just a mouth, who likes to think someone out there values her opinion. Maybe your friends do, but nobody else does. Keep er up champ. It's really hard to move on from something, when you continue to throw into the fire. Follow your own advice maybe?
Really? This harrower was a secret? LOL I don't even play UO anymore and I knew about it.

I think it's great that you guys did this and all the people who have never had the chance to do a harrower got to experience it. In all the years I played UO I never got to do one because I never had any interest in pvp. I would have loved to do one without having to worry about the pvp aspect just so I could say I had.

P.S. to all the reds posting here, FLAME ON!!!!! cause I really don't care what you say. LOL

Stussywear

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Get over it! We are not going to turn around and go back to do it again, making sure you are notified of the time and date, just to make you stop with all the ignorance. Not going to happen...get over it! :D

Enough said!

You arent worth anymore of my time. I could care less if you do another harrower. You're losing out on the fun, not me.

I'm done trying to make you understand my point, you're too thickheaded to understand logic.

gunneroforgin

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You arent worth anymore of my time. I could care less if you do another harrower. You're losing out on the fun, not me.

I'm done trying to make you understand my point, you're too thickheaded to understand logic.
I get your point. you think the only way to do a harrower is to suffer the raiding reds. Well, as I said in a previous post, deception is the heart of any military operation. It is best when it works well. Morgaine Planned it well so we wouldn't have to have that distraction. congradulations Morgaine!

Stussywear

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes, it was well planned to be done without anyone to know about it. I'll admit it, I honestly thought it was a week from now.

Were we going to raid? Yes, if free time permitted.
Would it have made it more exciting? Absolutley. I remember my first harrower was on Pacific. I snuck around the fighting and carnage and my heart was racing. It was exciting, and rewarding.

Was killing it with nobody even showing up any exciting? I bet all the gold in my bank R was bored out of their minds. And I bet they almost wish someone would have raided. It makes it fun.

If PVP wasnt fun, we wouldnt do it. Do we really hate eachother? I dont think most people do, its fun to talk trash and build bitter rivalries because when you can defeat those who you are enemies of, it's more enjoyable.

If everyone was friends, and nobody ever got heated, or talked trash.. This game would be boring.

It's like rivalries in sports. If there wasnt any, nobody would watch.

Congratulations on sneaking the harrower. It worked perfectly. I just dont understand how it was rewarding to anyone. It's no more special then killing a peerless boss. No risk = no fun. Atleast that's my opinion on the matter.

A

Anon McDougle

we understand how great and mighty you are on the field of battle but its shocking that not one red was smart enough to have thier blue(and its funny how all reds the call that us trammys do have blues ) come and find out what was up its just really sad and pathetic to be honest

Multani

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I get your point. you think the only way to do a harrower is to suffer the raiding reds. Well, as I said in a previous post, deception is the heart of any military operation. It is best when it works well. Morgaine Planned it well so we wouldn't have to have that distraction. congradulations Morgaine!
There is a difference between being 'deceptive' and being a liar.

Morgaine had told us she was going to post the date and time, which just makes her a liar. You can chalk it up to your deception arguement However this was said to be a 'shard event' and that includes the Reds:sleep2:.

E

Eyes of Origin

I was wondering when you would post Multani... took long enough.... :p
You're right I told Pan that.. then it was decided that it wouldnt get posted this time around. I didnt post that bit of information though. Then my other post to Maj was deceptive cause I said he should hear something by next week.
Everyone assumed that meant it was next week. I already explained in another thread that it meant the article itself might not have been posted till next week. Sara is a busy person, the screenies from one of the SL events that I took a few weeks ago, just got posted.
If you read into it, thats not anyone elses fault, but your own.

Toi dont bet! Cause anyone betting against you would lose :( They were bored, they were hoping someone would raid. We saw RENT 30mins prior at the yew gate, saw F3AR at the gate, saw some FFBz running around.. so we all assumed someone would check Despise and see the gate up when they entered the starroom. Much to everyone in R's dismay, no one came.

If you guys pay any attention at all, you should've known it was coming :( You should be watching people more closely. Someone had posted that all you had to do was have a blue attend the meeting I had in Tram.. Pan is good at making blue newbie chars, why didnt you send him to spy? Multani, you have blue chars, why didnt you come? The signs were all there, ppl just missed them. Honestly, FFBz did show up at one of the meetings, but they were asked to leave for being disruptive and when they wouldnt, we left. Had they come in and shut up no one would've complained they were there.
*Edit* I also told you Multani, that we'll have an R harrower or whatever guild tag we are under and post it before hand to make it up to you :p :)

E

Eyes of Origin

you guys im honestly tired of posting about it... i've had to repeat myself numberous times because either people cant read or because they keep wanting to talk about the same stuff over and over...

"mistakes" were made on my part for not posting the date and time like i told pan i would .. thus making everyone mad they missed it.. the only reason any of this is becoming a big deal is because it was made into an article.. if this was any other harrower, it wouldnt have mattered. they get done all the time without anyone posting them and without anyone raiding them.. this isnt the 1st missed opportunity for a raid.

C

Crystal Canyon

Congratulations on sneaking the harrower. It worked perfectly. I just dont understand how it was rewarding to anyone. It's no more special then killing a peerless boss. No risk = no fun. Atleast that's my opinion on the matter.
Well in order to ensure that you have fun from now on, I think Baciver came up with the best solution here:

"Every time" before you and the rest that are complaining, get ready to go do a champ or a Harrower, please take a moment to come post the location and the time. Im positive someone will show up to make your experience more enjoyable.

It only makes sense to me that if the problem here is that our doing the harrower was not published, then I think to make eveything fair, you should do as well and post each time so we know where you will be at and those who choose can come.

Whats good for the goose, is good for the gander....right? Then if you manage to pull it off, you can be as proud as we were.

Stussywear

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
We've actually done that in the past. Morgaine could tell you when FL was here, we would icq their members when we had barracoon up and wait. Sometimes for over an hour.

We've spawned harrowers before, and left them sit, with nobody to come do them.

I'll tell you what Crystal, if you would like to post your icq, I will ICQ You every spawn I do, if you promise to come raid me. Or are you too busy icqing people to try to find out my characters names. A little scared? Ill gladly give you every character I play if you give me just the ones you might show up in fel. But from what I've heard, your pvp experience is a little overexaggerated.

C

Crystal Canyon

We've actually done that in the past. Morgaine could tell you when FL was here, we would icq their members when we had barracoon up and wait. Sometimes for over an hour.

We've spawned harrowers before, and left them sit, with nobody to come do them.

I'll tell you what Crystal, if you would like to post your icq, I will ICQ You every spawn I do, if you promise to come raid me. Or are you too busy icqing people to try to find out my characters names. A little scared? Ill gladly give you every character I play if you give me just the ones you might show up in fel. But from what I've heard, your pvp experience is a little overexaggerated.
I think you should post here just as everyone complaining has suggested Morgaines group should have done. Icqing one person wouldnt be much of challenge would it?

And I dont believe that I have said anything more about my Pvp experience or skills than that I Do and Have played in Fel, and that was in response to you saying that I havent been to Fel but 5 times. If you find that statement "overexaggerated" I dont know...maybe you should look up the meaning.

Just post your plans as you expected us to that night and I think all will then seem fair and make what you are saying understandable.

Yellow Beard

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ahoy to all of me mates. Sorry I missed the action but had I a been thar I would have hailed allegiance to the fair Morgaine. I had me boson read to me the news of the skirmish (the light was bad where’s I was standin) and I thinks me can offer what happened. There was only 2 groups of warriors at the skirmish not 3 like was reported. (1. The tramies escourted by the guild "R". (2. A small band of pirates seekin to kill and plunder the spoils of the Harrower. Now it be true in any day in history that it be fair to hire an escourt. IT AINT however piritin when a single ship attacks an armada. That aint piritin that stupid. Ifin I did attack and lose such a fight I would not cry like a little school girl. I would put inta port and count my losses. I just may take up knittin or somthin so's noone will laff at my piritin hat.

F

Flora Green

WOW did everyone forget this is a game? This isn't real life, this is recreation.

Most of US are suppose to be adults here.

All I can say after reading all these harrower threads is WOW.
You have no idea the drama on this shard and how it spills into real life since you are new. On the one hand that's good for you and on the other hand, maybe you'll be one of the lucky ones it doesn't happen to. And it's certainly not always PvP related.:bored:

C

Crystal Canyon

You have no idea the drama on this shard and how it spills into real life since you are new. On the one hand that's good for you and on the other hand, maybe you'll be one of the lucky ones it doesn't happen to. And it's certainly not always PvP related.:bored:
TimberWolf...you have been here long enough to realize that this shard is not that bad. Origin is the best shard on the game. As one person stated earlier, pvp talk is just that...pvp talk. This thread is more a disagreement about wheather we have the right to celebrate our win or not. A disagreement is not "Drama", and I seriously doubt that anything said here will "spill over into real life". LOL...unless of course someone shows up at your front door and slaps you with a dead fish for posting your opinion here.

Opps...wait, Ill be right back, I think I hear someone knocking at the door....

F

Flora Green

Perhaps the next time you quote me you will address me. Otherwise, you could simply have left my post alone considering you replied to someone else.

C

Crystal Canyon

Perhaps the next time you quote me you will address me. Otherwise, you could simply have left my post alone considering you replied to someone else.
To Flora Green.... I was responding to the comments you made, therefore I quoted them so that TimberWolf would be aware of what I was giving my opinion on. This type of quoting is permissible and done on the boards daily.

S

Stormcaller

Crystal isn't it about time you learned to that you've made so many enemies that it's in your best interest to just shut your mouth for a change!

E

Eyes of Origin

who is stormcaller and uhm why doesnt he/she shut up himself/herself? jeez leave it alone ppl seriously. The smack talk thread would've been more appropriate .....maybe???

C

Crystal Canyon

Crystal isn't it about time you learned to that you've made so many enemies that it's in your best interest to just shut your mouth for a change!
For someone that would jump into a conversation that didn't concern them with obviously only intentions to troll, I would think you should take your own advise.

Oriana

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This and a few other posts really took a turn for the worst, I'm sad to say.

Status
Not open for further replies.