• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Tailoring] Wooo Hooo!!! Horned Kit!

CrazyUserName

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wooo hooo!!! just got my first horned kit ever from doing BODs!!

Question is... what to make... what to MAKE!!!

What would you make if you had a fresh Horned Kit (I know its not as "good" as a barbed kit, but I haven't gotten one of those yet either :) or a spined kit for that matter!)

Thanks!
~CrazyUserName guy~

Desperado_SE

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Not sure on what to make as I haven't used my tailor in quite awhile, but just wanted to say its refreshing seeing someone get excited over getting something that is relatively easy to get hold of instead of all the people pancakes and complaining about not having everything just handed to them (i.e. UHall threads :)). And congrats on your first one...now just waiting to see your thread when you finally get one of those Barbed kits. :D

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Leather Sleeves (made with horned or barbed leather) are always popular - after all, every other armor part hus a multitude of artifacts, minor artifacts, craftables, anniversary items and/or community collection/replica versions, but sleeves only have 2 worth mentioning for specific templates (the song woven mantle, which gives +10 music for cramped templates - moreoften carpenters than bards - and the Midnight bracers).

So, when you assemble a suit, it will almost always be the sleeves that will be trying to compensate for the weaknesses in other areas.

Do, however, use 8-10 of the charges for the OTHER parts of a suit (minus whatever artifacts, etc. you want to build the suit around), before turning your attention to the sleeves, just so you can have a chance of a good suit with your character's name on it.

CrazyUserName

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks for the heads up :) I do have a fun thief character I could make a whole suit for... but the leather sleeves are a good point! I will definitely heed your advice :)

I will work on getting a barbed kit next :) You think I was happy when I got the horned kit!!

Would you say to create the same stuff Basara, with a Barbed kit? I mean, you do only have like 15 charges on one of those bad boys..... not a whole lot to work with

Thanks!
~CrazyUserName guy~

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
go for the things you need for yourself, then make things for others to buy, is my motto.

I REALLY need to burn some of my kits.

My first 3+ years playing, I never got a Barbed kit - then got 3 in 1 month my 4th year. been averaging about 1 every 2-3 months since, and rarely can work up the courage to burn them.