• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Carpentry] Woodland armor question

Riner

Journeyman
Governor
When crafting or enhancing with heartwood armor you have a chance at one of seven random traits. I would ideally like to get the DI 10% on the armor. In addition to that I would like to reforge the armor in an attempt to get DCI 5% and Stamina +10, finally imbuing it with Mana increase +8 and Lower Mana Cost +9. My question is this what is the best way to achieve this, if there is a best way. I'm thinking attempt to craft with Heartwood for the chance at the random DI and then reforge and imbue, but I'm guessing that's not allowed. The other option crafting first then enhancing means a lot of waste hoping to get 1 out of 7 traits. Not only uses from the enhancement tool but the imbuing and reforging items. In which case I'll probably try to find pieces which will fit my suit from drops. Any advice is appreciated. Thank you!!

Draza

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
You craft, reforge, imbue, then enhance for maximum weight. Use forged metal artifacts so you dont break the gear.

If you enhance before imbueing, it eats some of your room.

Riner

Journeyman
Governor
So, an armor piece crafted with heartwood to get the random special can still be reforged? The reason I'm asking is other armor crafted with colored metals can't be reforged afterwards. I would check myself, but I have no bark fragments nor are any for sale on Great Lakes.

Draza

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
No, craft from regular wood, reforge, imbue then enhance with heartwood

mihali

Sage
To try to cut down on costs and time, I try to get in on community hunts, Scalis, Navtrey etc. Get some good itms there, get few legendaries, then you can build a suit around them. Just another approach, then you can fill in the gaps with few crafted items and jewelry to equip the character more cheaply, and rather effectively.