• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Cooking] Wooden Bowls to make Fruit Bowls

Umfufu

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hello All,

It has been a long time since I payed attention to making Fruit Bowls.

In my search to buy wooden bowls I suddenly remembered I cannot buy them ...
Is this still true?

I bought some lettuce but was stuffed already after eating about 6 of them.

Now I can only hope that throught time something changed to get the wooden bowls easier.

If anyone has any useful information/tips for me, it would be most appreaciated.

Thanks.

Hyssmaye

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Unfortunately, it's still true as far as I know.

You could get other people to eat the bowl contents for you, or if you have a warrior/fighter char could have them carry full bowls around, and attempt to eat from them. One of these chars would probably get hungry more often, if you're hunting with them frequently.

S

soulstoner

Yes I keep a stock pile of peas, lettuce & carrots in chest for all chars to mauw down on just to keep stock of empties... Also if you have guildies or friends to your house setting the chest for them to eat up could help too .... i've had peeps approach me at bank to eat up and give em bowls back.

Hey - I haven't tried it yet - but I wonder - if Pepta's Satiety juice would allow one to consume mass quantities of lettuce .... Ima haftah give that a try soon....

F

Flora Green

Candy canes, despite the message "you feel as though you could eat as much as you want", didn't allow me to eat more carrots. This really needs fixed.

Oriana

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes I keep a stock pile of peas, lettuce & carrots in chest for all chars to mauw down on just to keep stock of empties... Also if you have guildies or friends to your house setting the chest for them to eat up could help too .... i've had peeps approach me at bank to eat up and give em bowls back.

Hey - I haven't tried it yet - but I wonder - if Pepta's Satiety juice would allow one to consume mass quantities of lettuce .... Ima haftah give that a try soon....

Yup I can verify Pepta's potion does wonders for the cook needing wooden bowls. It's not to hard of a quest to do either. Well Mama can do it by going to the Tram location of the savages to gather the tribal berries. I have an ace in the hole though, I have a daughter training skills and that's where she likes to go, she picks up the tribal berries for her mom.

Umfufu

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yup I can verify Pepta's potion does wonders for the cook needing wooden bowls. It's not to hard of a quest to do either. Well Mama can do it by going to the Tram location of the savages to gather the tribal berries. I have an ace in the hole though, I have a daughter training skills and that's where she likes to go, she picks up the tribal berries for her mom.
This is a great solution for me, you are right, a very easy quest to do.

Thanks to all for the nice advices !

S

soulstoner

Yup I can verify Pepta's potion does wonders for the cook needing wooden bowls.
Great !!! Thanks Oriana :D

I just did a spin with each of the 3 choclates (crafted one exceptional of each) they did not allow me to eat anymore corn bowls although did inform me I could eat as much as I wanted .... I'm curious as to what nifty tricks the choclate will do.

SIDE NOTE: I bought a few bowls of lettuce today from innkeeper in New Haven and ended up with pewter bowls ... weird... I'll do a test bowl before I load my pouch up in future...

Happy Weekend to all our happy cooks & gardeners !!!:)

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't think the candies and chocolates were ever intended to allow you to eat other foods. This is a misunderstanding. I believe the message means you can eat as much chocolate or candy as you want. - Until you get toothache that is :D

C

chera

THIS is very interesting, if my friend ever lets me play here,I want to learn how to make wooden bowls,so far she isn't letting me play

L

Llwyd

I hadn't heard of that quest. (Maybe I wasn't playing when it came out.) Can anyone provide a link to the quest info? Thanks!

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
here ya go :)

unable to find details about this little quest on the Stratics pages, but I'll keep looking

~edit!~ found the Stratics page with information! and you might find some other things to do there, too!