• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Wood Elementals

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Just came back to UO after about a year and a half of not playing, and i see the rarer woods, like Heartwood, Bloodwood and Frostwood is still insanely rare from the "Randomized Resources Patch".
What we need is a Axe that functions like a Gargoyle's Pickaxe, and when LJing with it, has a chance to spawn a colored Treefellow or Dryad, and when killed, they have 50 of that color Logs on them. Like say, you're hitting a tree that is yielding Frostwood with the axe, a Frostwood Elemental spawns, you kill it, and it has 50 Frostwood Logs as loot on it.
The axe could be potential loot on Orc Choppers, and be called "Orcish Axe" or something like that, with limited charges. Doesn't seem all that fair that LJ doesn't get anything like the Prospector's Tools or Gargoyle's Pickaxe.

Nyses

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I love the idea, and it has been proposed before, with no attention. :(

To make mining and truly LJ equal, they would also need to increase the Ingots recieved from smelting Large ore to 10, and eliminate the 3 smaller (really annoying) types of ore.

Y

Yen Sid

Not a dryad lol. They calm you and you cant do anything :sad4:. I have been for this for a while though. It would be nice to have some wood eles to increase the chance of getting better types of wood. Nothing like GMing LJing 2 times and never getting any bloodwood or frostwood lol.