• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Wood cutting question.

OldAsTheHills

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have already looked under UO Crafting forum and did not find the information
I need!

Does Carpentry skill effect the type of wood recieved from the trees that
a Lumberjack skill provides. I am in the middle of a test during Gming Lumberjacking skill.
I am having trouble recieving wood types above Ash. My Lumberjacking skill
is now at the 95.0+ and I am recieving only Ordinary, Oak, and Ash logs.

I never repeat a tree!! I been in Britannia, Malas, and T2A areas.
I am on Siege Perilous shard.

*stares*
Yahaxithonix

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
No carpentry do not effect your gain of woods or colors, being an Elf or Human do. An Elf will get a higher % of colors but a Human will get more logs.
Think you need to be GM for the last colors.

Nyses

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes, at 95, you are able to chop Yew wood. For the top 3 (Bloodwood, Heartwood and Frostwood) you need to be GM.

K

Kith Kanan

you need certain levels of LJ to be able to get the coloured wood , once u got the required skill only your race , as Freka posted , effects the rate ... well and ofc the new and super duper anti macro code , so happy hunting.. I've not hit a tree since it was put in...............

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
well and ofc the new and super duper anti macro code , so happy hunting.. I've not hit a tree since it was put in...............
The "anti macro code" = randum spawn of colors are not bad, nothing more exciting to find a frost or blood wood tree when out lumbering wood for arrows and hope it will be a tree that can be cutted several times before it changes.

C

Connor_Graham

Yes, at 95, you are able to chop Yew wood. For the top 3 (Bloodwood, Heartwood and Frostwood) you need to be GM.
I could have sworn that for the top 3 it was Heartwood at 98, Bloodwood at 99, and Frostwood at GM. Are you sure about this?

C

Connor_Graham

Yeah, but how accurate is that? It was written by a player and not confirmed by any Devs that I can see. It could be right or wrong.

Nyses

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah, but how accurate is that? It was written by a player and not confirmed by any Devs that I can see. It could be right or wrong.
Well, anything is possible. It will be very hard to test, considering how hard it is to find the high end trees these days.

Oh, or you could always use a carpenter. You have to have the appropriate level of carpentry to turn the logs into wood, right?

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Having just edited that FAQ, I can confirm the numbers are valid.

The numbers are what the Devs told us at the time that the Woods were introduced, and repeated several times since.

The problem is that the Mondain's Legacy Server Publish notes are missing from the UO site, which is where they were first described, and the other times it was discussed, it was on stratics threads that have not been restored as yet.

Personally, I thought it was stupid to bunch all the good woods up like that.

S

Sebrina

Well, I've got a GM Swordman/Axeman with GM Lumberjack, and when he starts in on trees that have not been chopped in a while, he gets allot of regular wood, then starts getting a bit of the rare woods toward the end.

From what I can tell, it's not specific trees at all, but Lumberjack ability. I just haven't found a scroll to take him to 110 or 120 yet.

OldAsTheHills

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well, I finally found the information I want in a post on the Fletcher forum...!
So, 95.0+ Yew wood is spawned, and all the others only at 100.0...geez...
My oh my, my patience has been taxed...

*thud, thud, thud, ...*
*stares*
Yahaxithonix

OldAsTheHills

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
An Elf!... ewe ... I not look good in blue...
I got finally my first Yew logs.
I planning to use the GMed Lumberjacking with my good Axes.
*stares*
Yahaxithonix

L

Lady_Mina

I was actualy having the same sort of question.

Does carpentry need lumberjacking to be able to work with other types of woods?

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
No, but lumberjacking requires #$%#$%@$% Carpentry to make colored logs into boards, at the same level required to chop the logs down....

L

Lady_Mina

Ah ok thanks for the reply.

I have carpentry on one crafter and Lumber on my 2nd crafter..(since i had no 100 skill points left for Lumber)

i'm trying to squeeze as much crafting skills together as i can.

It ain't easy these days since blacksmithy also requires Arms Lore if you want to make something decent these days.

And then carpentry requires 65 magery...tinkering , tailoring...(god and even musicianship if you want to craft instruments)
It's truly insane how many skills carpentry needs if you want to be able to craft EVERYTHING in your menu.