• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Blacksmithing] Wonders Never Cease!

Theo_GL

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
After almost 7 years in game I got my FIRST bod for a Val hammer yesterday. I had to look at it twice to be sure it was real.

Val Plate Tunic 20 EX

Whee! Only 35 more years to get the rest of the smalls! Maybe my great grand kids can use the hammer to make a neat dagger one day!

On a side note - Isn't it time we scrapped the entire bod system for one that gives points and you accumulate points to 'buy' whatever reward you want?

Sarsmi

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Congrats! hehe

I have 55 val bods right now, I think one of them might be able to contribute towards getting a val hammer. I have no dreams of ever being able to get the bods and get my own hammer that way. A point system has potential...

T

Teufel_Hund

lol I have 1 small for a Val hammer. Only need two more smalls for my first Verite hammer.

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
A point system makes fantastic sense. I"m sure the servers would appreciate the drop in item count too...

C

Cat Crimson

I have a 20ex Val plate LBOD on Atl for gods knows how many years now. I have never even had a sniff of a small to fill it. It just sits there in the bankbox getting greyer and dustier and sadder :(

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
When doing my research for the Smith BODs Feb-March 2008, I got 2 smalls in 2500 BODs. Since 55% of the smalls you'll get back from small turn-ins are iron (the weapons are 50%, iron armor are another 5%, at 120), and you can buy to fill half those (plus add in new BODs and normal iron ones from 0.1 runners), it should be possible to do 140-210 BODs a week (20 or 30 a day), and get 6-10 Val Hammer Small BODs within a year (though likely not a set - you'll probably have to trade 1 or 2 to get all 6 parts).

Theo_GL

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
When doing my research for the Smith BODs Feb-March 2008, I got 2 smalls in 2500 BODs. Since 55% of the smalls you'll get back from small turn-ins are iron (the weapons are 50%, iron armor are another 5%, at 120), and you can buy to fill half those (plus add in new BODs and normal iron ones from 0.1 runners), it should be possible to do 140-210 BODs a week (20 or 30 a day), and get 6-10 Val Hammer Small BODs within a year (though likely not a set - you'll probably have to trade 1 or 2 to get all 6 parts).
Yes, but that is 20-30 bods a day every day all year.

I don't have that sort of dedication. Not even for my JOB that pays me MONEY.

I grab my 2-3 per day x 2 runners or so and thats it. I used to do more - but it seems sort of pointless anymore.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
When I did mine, it was actually 1-2 BODs a day for 6 runners (about the same number of BODs as you - took about 10 days to 2 weeks to get 100 iron BODs), then filled batches of 100 at a time.

Typically, with 100 BODs, you end up with 50-60 more junk BODs to fill, and it will only take you a week to get back to 100, so it worked out to filling 100 Iron BODs a week for me (I filled a lot more colored junk during the tests, and sometimes immediately wrote down the BOD spread, and filled, turned in, repeat, etc. until I was nearly out of iron BODs), to get large numbers for the test.

All it takes is getting to about 100 iron BODs once, then collecting about 50 more each week, to stay at a 100 BODs/week turn-in rate....

Xenobia

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
4 runners at approx 3 times a day and I have gotten exactly 2 valorite sbods and one valorite lbod in my lifetime! And OF COURSE the smalls don't even match the large. I have no dreams of ever being handed a valorite runic hammer so I broke down and bought one. That was the biggest waste of money ever. I love the idea of points and choosing a reward! That would absolutely rock!

Xenobia

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Umm I just read something in another thread about folks duping valorite runic hammers! Is this true???? I thought all the duping stuff had been fixed and I sure hope I did not spend my money on one! Lord I hate cheaters!!!!!!!!!!!!!

U

UOKaiser

Umm I just read something in another thread about folks duping valorite runic hammers! Is this true???? I thought all the duping stuff had been fixed and I sure hope I did not spend my money on one! Lord I hate cheaters!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Nah it was fixed months ago. I average 1-3 val hammers a month.

Xenobia

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh ok...thanks for the info. I would hate to think I spent millions on a duped runic.

U

UOKaiser

Oh ok...thanks for the info. I would hate to think I spent millions on a duped runic.
Don't get me wrong there should be some duped hammers out there but most of the dupers burned them and each of the duped hammer have a seperate id so untraceble. The mass banning that accord back then was the wrong way to do it as they were banning resellers. Don't think they make that mistake again well hopefully not. But youre are ok to buy them now. Maybe if you still had 100 or so val in storage that will raise a flag still but other than resellers the rest of the player base can buy.