• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Wondering if anyone else is seeing “horrible luck” Ship Hunting... (4x in 1 hunt.)

EvilPixieWorks

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So... the other day, I started a thread about getting a pirate stuck on my ship deck that was indestructible. It took 11 hours to get rid of him and that only after Game Masters ignored my first 3 hour page, they actually came the 2nd time after only hour... he was finally removed. My warning to the community was to beware when engaging in battle to see a ship come detached from it's crew, cannons, and crates... and running in to those with your own ship where everything will go quite sideways. This being on Atlantic.

I reported it to our Mesanna... and it's going through the network. (So how it is.) I was a big surprised at the quick response. That was Friday, the report.

Saturday night? I saw not 1... but 4 more issues ship hunting.

First, Right away. First encounter in fact. Not that I saw another separation of ship and gear... this time, I came across the gear without the ship... so I didn’t run smack in to it in the heat of battle. This acted exactly like the encounter last week, however I didn’t get the pirate stuck on my deck this time. Seeing the fact GMs response time (or at all) is so lousy, I didn’t bother reporting it and it derezed by the next time around.

Second issue. Merchant Ship was doing it's best to run away (diagonally), running hard... when I finally got it stopped so I could blast it, it simply vanished at 45% health. 3 shots away from boarding and looting. It would be easy to assume the ship was old? BUT too many hunters in the area for that to be remotely possible. It was a “new” spawn.

Third issue. However, a hood 2 hours later... I found an orc ship and started to work on it... and noticed it wasn’t taking damage. I did a few different things to try and see if it was some kind of glitch, but attacking our crew? It wasn’t an illusion... even though such things are possible. I had no choice but to give up and find a new victim.

Forth and last horrible encounter of that night. Not that I had been engaged in battle, however It was another ship standing alone... without the crew, crates (what you can't see sometimes anyway until the ship is damaged), and cannons... BUT... near by was the very same crew, crates, and cannons. The ship was NOT an illusion... it was solid. I gave the ship body a cannon blast to see if it would take damage... it did not. However, when I went to blast the crew? The 5000 red damage mark rolled off the ship body in back of me. Blast to the north side, damage shows on the south side. The funny thing is that once the first phase of damage came to the ship, where it looks a bit burned and damaged... the sold ship suddenly appeared under the crew. I was able to finish them off and loot without issue. Just... very, very odd.

I also reported Saturday night’s hunt.

It just seems something screwy is going on. Thus, I wanted to see if anyone else is seeing anything like this.

I also got a picture of the very first encounter... however, it's a bit pointless considering the fact you can pull on the mast and make the rest of the ship vanish for a moment, from sight. Sometimes, when looting, you can insure you’re not missing a chest. Go back to your ship, the victim ship is back to normal. So, you could just about do that and get the “artificial” picture. Didn’t see a point of it AND I wasn’t going to ram in to the mess again by design.

Quickblade

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I just had the pirate bugged under my ship ( couldnt move my boat a singe tile any directions after capturing the red pirate ) but I fixed it by recalling to the Zento docks and turn in the quest from distance ( your boat doesnt have to be close to Zento docks shore to receive rewards) as long as all participants are on the same Zento docks sub server they will all receive rewards.
So after turning the quest, the red pirate bugged under my boat floor got removed along with the pole.

Last edited:

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Also note that a Britannian Ship (if that's all you have) can't use its bow cannon on a plunderbeacon. It has to turn and use a broadside.

Most people will be using an orc ship, but my main seafarer currently has her big ship armed and out.

EvilPixieWorks

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I just had the pirate bugged under my ship ( couldnt move my boat a singe tile any directions after capturing the red pirate ) but I fixed it by recalling to the Zento docks and turn in the quest from distance ( your boat doesnt have to be close to Zento docks shore to receive rewards) as long as all participants are on the same Zento docks sub server they will all receive rewards.
So after turning the quest, the red pirate bugged under my boat floor got removed along with the pole.
Thats a new one on me! :) I believe it!

I only have the 1 new cannon, 1 side... seeing it doesnt do any extra damage? I'm not wasting points on more. I've seen ships loaded with them. Still dont see WHY we have them and no extra damage.

No on the Britannian ship! Far too big for me... and considering how people park around the docks, its sometimes really hard to get my elf ship in... never mind that giant. hehe. I did like the orc ship, but I switched back. That and the other ship, you can use 2 cannons at the same time. Saves time. In my world "smaller is better"... just wish we had even smaller then the orc ship... with 2 cannons on either side... that we could use at the same time like the other ships.

I have 3 brand new orc ship deeds for sale, if anyone's interested.

BUT... I'm starting to wonder if I should take a break and see if they fix these spawn issues. (IF).