• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Ships] Wondering about the new Britannia Boat

startle

Siege... Where the fun begins.
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I saw a link to a bit of info on the new "huge" Britannia Boat that apparently can only be obtained by donating to the library. Does anyone have any more info on it, like which NPC is correct to donate to and how much one of these things ends up costing?

I'm startin to think this High Seas expansion is pretty kewl... :)

T

Tazar

Donate to the fisherman in the SW corner of the upper floor. It will take 10,000,000 points to acquire the boat. That's 1 million lobsters and crabs, or 150,000,000 gold.

startle

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Donate to the fisherman in the SW corner of the upper floor. It will take 10,000,000 points to acquire the boat. That's 1 million lobsters and crabs, or 150,000,000 gold.
Hmmm... So I'm guessing we won't be seeing "fleets" of Brittania Boats anytime soon?

10 million lobsters.... Makes me wonder why they bothered creating the thing....:mf_prop:

T

Tazar

I also forgot to mention that the ships are account bound once they are claimed and can not be traded.

And actually, I am seeing quite a few of them on Atlantic. :)

startle

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I also forgot to mention that the ships are account bound once they are claimed and can not be traded.

And actually, I am seeing quite a few of them on Atlantic. :)
Hey Taz,

I'm trying to figure out what EA's "thought processes" were when somebody there said: "Hey, when this new High Seas expansion comes out, how about if we create a really GIANT new vessel that you can get by donating to the library?" And then somebody else said: "Great idea, and let's make it the absolute most difficult/expensive to obtain. In fact, let's make it damn near impossible..." And then everybody said: "Love it."

Do you suppose that's how it went?

T

Tazar

I'm not sure on that, but it did make for a decent gold-sink. :)

And I can't say that they are that impossible to get... I know many that are slowly working towards it as they work fishing and already have 10 to 20% of the points accumulated. Also, there were at least 2 of them on Atlantic within 2 hours of their release into the game.

Anytime the Dev's think they are making something very difficult to attain, someone will come along and prove them wrong (just like folks solo'ing champs and boss mob's that were intended for a large group).

Mapper

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hey Taz,

I'm trying to figure out what EA's "thought processes" were when somebody there said: "Hey, when this new High Seas expansion comes out, how about if we create a really GIANT new vessel that you can get by donating to the library?" And then somebody else said: "Great idea, and let's make it the absolute most difficult/expensive to obtain. In fact, let's make it damn near impossible..." And then everybody said: "Love it."

Do you suppose that's how it went?
As a single person it would take half a year of Crabbing to get. But I imagine EA thought guilds would combine resources and get one.

Moonglow Navy on Europa have one and they love it.

Spellbound

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
As a single person it would take half a year of Crabbing to get...
Oh my goodness 1 million crabs and lobsters at 200 a day would take 5000 days. With no days off slacking, that would be 13.7 years of crabbing at my present rate. Can you please show me how you can do it in half a year, and still keep your sanity and mouse from croaking? :mf_prop:

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
one way to look at it...

Average take from an SOS: 20,000 gold (that's 10k+20k+30k, divided by 3).

Therefore, if you took all the gold from your SOS, you'd get (on average) 1333 points per SOS. IF you did 30 SOS a day (40k points per day), that would take 250 days to get the ship. Manage to do 75 a day (possible, if you go out and buy all the SOS that people don't like doing because they aren't Ancient SOS), and you could pull it off in 100. And that's just from fishing.
Plus, only doing 30 would give you time to fish for the lobsters and crabs, as well as pull more MIBs. Not this is NOT taking into account gold from selling the gems (most fishers keep gems for imbuing these days), scrolls and the rest of the junk.

Each Sea Serpent pulled would get you 2-4 points more from the gold (plus several hundred points towards talismans at the Animal Trainer (scales) and Crafter (leather) library NPCs - amount varies depending on if you're human or otherwise, and whether or not you are using a harvester's blade to cut the corpses), with the chance of more MIBs, maps to donate to the Treasure Hunter, or fishing nets (which can get you more MIBs, maps, scales and leather).

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Being so costly, and account bound specific, what is the deal with the decay rate of this ship ?

Does it decay in a week like all other ships ?

If someone had a problem and could not log for a week or so in the game for whatever reason, that's a whole lot of gold or effort or time gone "poof", like that..........

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Kas, Ok, so I was a little sleepy - at least I undershot it instead of overestimating... :)

BluDjinn

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It would make be nice if they just let the library fisherman accept other things for points.

Why not more points for the new named fish or crabs?
Maybe a little more for the rare or "big" fish.
Maybe take the scales and hides from sea serpents.
He could take nets from fishermen who don't want to use them.
Or the Treasure maps.

Would be a good use for all the new.. lol rare.. bows, dresses, and armor etc.
How many does a person need ? And I can't sell them on my vendor no matter how low the price.
Must less all the other junk we fish up like pillows, shells, paintings, and other trash.

This would at least bring some hope to solo fishermen to one day be able to achieve our dream of retiring to a yacht.

:wall:

B

Berkley

I been cutting my fish up for years and got a stack of many. You can give raw fish steaks also. you get them anyway might as well cut them up and turn them in.

Good luck...