• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

WOD Requirements

DreadLord Lestat

Forum Moderator
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Has Blizz posted any of the computer requirements for World of Draenor yet? I have been looking but haven't found anything yet. :(

Metro

WoW Staff Writer | WoW Moderator
Stratics Veteran
Good question, but I don't believe they would do that until WoD is actually announced for release.
I'll say this, and take no offense but, if you have to wonder about requirements, its time for an upgrade. I was able to put this monster computer I'm using atm with Syiler's help for less than 850 USD before Operating system etc. You can EASILY build a 500 USD pc that will run every game you play on ultra without issue.
If you are still concerned about specifics, I'd say just examine MoP's. If you are right on the line with MoP, WoD will likely increase them incrementally, so its probably to expect some issue.

Best of luck though, I'd really recommend a new machine. The graphics and settings of WoD are not something I'd want to see on anything other than Ultra!

DreadLord Lestat

Forum Moderator
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I just recently built a new computer. I put in a intel i5-4670k quadcore processor, MSI Z87-G45 gaming mother board, MSI GeForce GTX760 2gb video card, 8gb RAM, and Win 8.1 (I really like Win 7 but have dying to try win 8) I am sure that it is fine for WoD but my son's computer won't be upgraded for a while yet. I don't think that we can get him something new until the end of the year because my wife is next on the rebuild list.

He is running an older intel dual core processor with an ASUS motherbaord that were high end about 4-5 years ago. He is running with 8gb RAM but an older GeForce Igb video card. He can currently play between 50-75 FPS with latency sitting about 60. I am hoping that he will be ok because I would rather not upgrade the video card before we build him a new system.

Metro

WoW Staff Writer | WoW Moderator
Stratics Veteran
Ya if its more than fine now, it should still be acceptable come WOD. Depends how much the new character models splash though. Can't wait to see us all running around like that!