• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

With Blood on his hands

D'Amavir

Visitor
Stratics Veteran

The young man pushed his mount hard as he galloped away from the dock. He hadn't spent much time in Yew since he and his father's falling out so he spent the ride to the Keep familiarizing himself with the area.

Though he was surprised when he first received the note from his father asking his son to join him, that confusion had turned to joy at the thought of the two of them finally getting to fight side by side.

As the dark Keep came into view, the rider couldn't help but smile. Hitching his horse to a nearby tree he turned to make his way inside. He had just stepped foot on the entryway when a voice spoke behind him.

Soft and low, but filled with madness fueled power, it said, "I knew you would come. Like the rest of your kind, so sure of yourself."

With reflexes honed by years of harsh training the young man spun around, poison soaked dagger in his hand instantly, "Who the hell are you?" he asked as he faced the shrouded speaker.

"You'll know soon enough, boy." The stranger answered, pulling back his dark grey cloak with a flourish- revealing a black blade at his side."

Without another word, the stranger launched into action. The blade was out of its scabbard and dancing toward the young man in less than a breath. Within two breaths the once hopeful son lay dead on his father's doorstep. Snatching the dead man's dagger from beside the body the murderer drove it into the still warm corpse- pinning a scrap of paper to its chest. On it, just two words, 'For Mikael'...

Last edited:

Rick Moore

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Omen and Mikael approached the entrance of the Keep with caution for they both could clearly see the form lying on the ground. Blade drawn, Mikael reached the body first and after a brief inspection of the scene before them Mikael turned to Omen and said "I know this young man. He is Leoric... My son."

Omen simply nodded in understanding then stepped forward to perform his own examination. "Look here... there is a note in his pocket." After quickly reading the note Omen explained to Mikael. "It seems as if this note was written by you Mikael. It is an invitation for Leoric to come and join you here." Mikael arched a brow in hearing this news. "I wrote no such note to Leoric. Hell I haven't seen this child in years."

"It seems as if whomever did this to him wanted to draw him out and send some sort of message to you. What that message is I do not know."

Mikael leaned over and scooped up the lifeless form and brought him inside the keep. Unceremoniously dumping the body in the middle of the great hall Mikael turned to Omen. "I want the guard doubled here with roving patrols stepped up in the wood surrounding the keep. Also... without saying, I would have you look into this matter." Omen replied simply. "Of course."

"There is another matter I wish to discuss as well. I feel this murder of my son only re-enforces that which I felt was coming. My House has taken a great interest in the goings on in Yew since our return. I fear there are those within House D'Amavir that may be quite displeased with me. I must tread lightly." Omen stood silently waiting for Mikael to continue. "In order for me to restore balance within the House it must appear as though I am walking the straight and narrow path of the good Samaritan. In order to do this I must have plausible deniability concerning most of the Hand's operations. With that being said it is you Omen that must lead the Hand."

With a simple nod and a slightly upturned corner of his lip Omen replied. "As you wish."

Mikael D'Amavir >H<
Hand of Terror
The only way to make good is to be bad