• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Gardening] With 56 on TC and hopefully a Client this week

D

DHMagicMan_1

Any word on a mechanism for testing and hopefully expediting plant growth on TC?

We had suggested some sort of tool we could use on locked downs or back pack plants... or a gateway we could walk through that would force all plants to grow to next stage?

Is anything like this possible on TC so we can, for example run a bunch of Naturalist quests and see that we are getting a good mix of plants... fire still works for old plus the 4 barrel and white and black are new plants only???

Stuff like that. :)

Thanks for your help.

B

Beastmaster

Sorry, no we didn't have time for any of that but you can say "give seeds" and get a bunch of fertile dirt that will guarantee all your plants will get to day 1.

D

DHMagicMan_1

Well the "Give Seeds" is cool if we just want to test growing... "Give Friendship" would be cool so the Solens wouldn't attack us and we could just run the quests but I suppose we could do the quest to get the friendship.

If the TC has no daily reboot they must be doing something or they wouldn't have set up giving us FD.

LOL

B

Beastmaster

Frankly, despite all of our discussions here, I really doubt they gave the growth cycle any thought. I hope they prove me wrong.

kittykat

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Frankly, despite all of our discussions here, I really doubt they gave the growth cycle any thought. I hope they prove me wrong.
I don't think that's fair. Sakkarah has been very mindful of our requests and tried hard to be accomodating.

If she put something on test to get us seeds and fertile dirt (because obviously it's not something that just happened randomly) then she also had to have had in mind what exactly we could do with those seeds and dirt.

Hopefully she'll post mentioning what we'll be able to do/expect.

B

Beastmaster

News flash for you KittyKat, she came here and read this thread and the one in Uhall and she hasn't said anything. If she included something but wasn't sure of the details on it she could have said at least that much. Why should we waste time on TC QAing stuff when they won't give us the tools to do it properly?

D

DHMagicMan_1

Sakkarah,

When we use the "Give Seeds command and get a bag with some seeds and Fertile Dirt, can you have it drop maybe 50 or so Green Thorns and a rune to one of the 4 starting hive locations as well in the same bag... just to get us started? That would really help.

I'm still hoping there's some sort of mechanism in place to force the plant growth for testing... waiting patiently for details. :pint:

Hyssmaye

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
News flash for you KittyKat, she came here and read this thread and the one in Uhall and she hasn't said anything. If she included something but wasn't sure of the details on it she could have said at least that much. Why should we waste time on TC QAing stuff when they won't give us the tools to do it properly?
If you don't want to test, you certainly are free not to.

Let's keep the thread civil, please.

D

DHMagicMan_1

oh... and while I'm thinking about it and asking for the world... a rune to somewhere near the bottom of wind where we can start killing the invading Solens for the quest. :)

I know you gave us Blaze, White and Black seeds but I'd still like to do the quest a few times on my own, until I see at least one of each of those colors pop on the 5th hive run... then also do the 4 hive run several times and make sure I get some of the "pastels" that don't come up cacti...

It just seems like the best way to do thorough testing to me... rather than you just spawning the actual seeds for us... even if you do give us all the pieces to make the quest easier. :thumbup1:

Sakkarah_

VIP
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
For those of you who have started testing, the bag of seeds is now available. Green thorns will be included in the bag next time TC1 is republished.

As far as growth cycle goes, the moongate method was an epic fail (hence why I wouldn't post until I knew better what could be done either way). But we came up with a friendlier method that will be included in the next republish. You will simply have to speak the word "grow_plant" to advance it by 1 day.

Sorry, no runes. In all honesty, it's not just the time issue, it's also a can of worms I rather not open. You create a precedent and every other profession will expect a specialized runebook on TC.

Enjoy!

*goes back to bug fixing*

Sak

D

DHMagicMan_1

Green Thorns and "Grow Plant" will work perfect for me!

Thanks a lot for your time and efforts...

will the "Grow Plant" automatically affect all plants in our backpacks/banks/beatles or does it give us a targeting cursor?

No biggie on the runes... I can find my way to Wind... already found one of the hives and marked it.

Still haven't figured out how to drop a small classic house though. :(

F

Flora Green

There's a house placement gate at Britain or at least there was.

D

debsmad

Oh my gosh! I'm playing around on the TC, playing with my freebie seeds and dirt, and the plant care gump *found the water pitcher by itself*! wOOt!

(Or am I slow and this is ancient history?)

D

DHMagicMan_1

OMG!!!

Is there an EASTER EGG in there for us?

I have to test this tonight!!!

kittykat

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
holy moly, it really does.

omg awesome fix :)

(and no, you're not slow - no one knew about this *laughs*)

*edits to add in dancing broccoli cause it's sooo awesome*
:danceb: :danceb:

kittykat

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
okay - so not only does it find the water pitcher(s) in your backpack - but if you watch the journal, it will tell you how many drinks of water you have left in your pitcher (the one it's currently taking from)

once again, awesome fix

D

debsmad

*GASP*

I didn't notice that. Ooooh this makes gardening life muchly gooder! :D

Sakkarah_

VIP
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh my gosh! I'm playing around on the TC, playing with my freebie seeds and dirt, and the plant care gump *found the water pitcher by itself*! wOOt!

(Or am I slow and this is ancient history?)
Was wondering who would find that one first. ;)

D

DHMagicMan_1

Not to be demanding or anything... but I got the Solen Matriarch Quest last night meaning I need to go kill infiltrators... I've always done that on production shards on the mountain trails outside the Wind entrance... the Black Ants (on Tram) are all over those trails on my shard at least, but by the time I found my way there on TC1 there was not a one to be found... only a single corpser I could find. I don't know if there's a special "Quest Spawner" or something... I checked my paper doll and I definately had the quest to kill 7 Infiltrators while I was running all over those trails not finding a single ant. :(

I got back to the bank and tried out the Water Pitcher. THANKS FOR THAT ONE!!! :bowdown:

I planted one of the seeds you gave us with the "Give Seeds" command and then tried "grow_plant" but nothing happened. I assumed there had been a TC Publish since I saw Draconi say he had put up code about pricing Vendor stuff showing commas so I figured to get that up he'd have to have published to TC... maybe that was a wrong assumption.

I also tried the "Give Seeds" command again to see if I'd get new box with green thorns but it looks like once you've used any of those "Give" commands they don't work again? Is this correct? If so, I'll wait until there's an ANNOUNCED publish to TC and then create a new Toon to try the seeds again... I'd still like to get friended to the hive so I can do some Naturalists quests on my own without only using the seeds you are giving us... but if it's too much trouble I can wait for production. Hopefully it's all tested out by QA anyway.

Thanks a LOT for the water pitcher... that's going to make life much better for gardeners. :)

Sakkarah_

VIP
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There are always plenty of Infiltrators running around in the southwest portion of the Wind mining maze. That's where I usually get my kills (I hate getting stuck in shrubs in the jungle!).

The thorns and grow_plant aren't on TC1 yet, they will be at the next republish of TC1. They didn't quite make it in last night. :sad4:

Please note that once it is active, every time you say "grow_plant", EVERY SINGLE NON DECORATIVE PLANT within voice range will get a growth check. So if you're growing multiple plants at the same time, make sure to tend all of them between each growth command or they will keel over on you.

What do I win?? Full set of plants? Beautifully decorated castle?
A giant carnivorous plant. :stir:

D

DHMagicMan_1

Thanks for the clarification on the Growth command...

I'll go wander around the Wind path again... I think maybe their spawner was broken or something last night because I didn't see any and noone was there hunting so I don't know what was wrong.

Will the "Give Seeds" command work a second time for a single toon after the next republish or should we just make a new toon? That's probably the easiest since we can just reset the stats and skills and such.

Anyway, thanks for all you've done for Horticulture in the last two months. :) It's more attention than this "mini-game" has received in the last 5+ YEARS...