• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(Player News) Wintermore has a heartbeat

Old Timer

Adventurer
I had a quick discussion with Blind Otto the other day. Wintermoor, once home to the Knights of the Silver Serpent was desolate and empty. Once a place of much activity and fellowship, decayed after the Knights left the land. Piram and Phaedrin (alt crafter) have set homes there in the hopes more will follow and make Wintermoor grand once more. If you are looking for space there is plenty. It is a good ride east of Luna if you do not have the ability to bend magic to your will. The last snow valley surrounded by mountains. Entry by a pass on the North side, or a cave passage to the South. This will be the home to the Brotherhood of Virtue. If you seek a home, come join us. If you seek community, help rebuild. All will be welcome.

*Salutes* "Sol Invictus"

Last edited:

Blind Otto

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Aye, a grand old place in the day. I have a large map somewhere - ah, there is is!

And here is a road to another scroll with the larger map!

Oh, and Py would be handing out ghastly quests right now - he preferred to call it "Wintermoor" *grins*
But, posession is nine tenths of the law, so call it what ye will!
Tis good to have ye back, brother!

SOL INVICTUS!

*salutes*

Sparviero

Sage
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
As Governor of UWSP Town we'll give you our warm welcome !! (Or welcome back :D )... It's always a pleasure see new or old player towns raise !! We are a bit far from your town but i'm sure we'll find a way to connect our tows and so cooperate ! ... For everything you need, just call us... In our town live many artisan well know for their skills that can help you !! Welcome !

Old Timer

Adventurer
Aye Otto, WINTERMOOR. The wit grows dull a bit after so many years away. I will correct myself in the future. It warmed my heart greatly seeing the full map of the glory days of Wintermoor. You have been a true custodian of the Knights memory. The Knights themselves have long past, and that name would not rise in the lands again unless Lord Py Lethius himself were to return. We can keep the light of those days alive in our memories, I know that you have - and I shall.

Governor Magic Hands, thank you for the kind words of support. I started the Brotherhood mostly as a means to keep ties between Phaedrin (my alt account) and myself close. If BoV flourishes, excellent. If it's ranks do not grow... then I would be looking to joining those that support honor and justice. Perhaps that could be UWSP, or possibly Gilfane where Brother Otto has pledged. I hear good about each guild.
But as I am not sure at this point of "who is who" in the land, I decided to remain apart until I have a clearer understanding. I see discussions of the need for a New persons guild. I support that idea wholeheartedly. This can be a very daunting land to try and survive in alone. I am not leadership material myself - and if BoV were to be sustained and grow - I would hand the reins over to a more qualified person. I do not delude myself about being a leader. I am a soldier, once a Knight. I am an adamant follower of the virtues, as my actions will support by both deeds and voice. I used to tell the fresh Knight's recruits - "It is by our deeds that others judge us. Speak what you will, but be true to what you say."
But it is possible I may at some point dissolve BoV and join with an established group - if they would have me after proving my worth. I do look to add home telestones at some point - possibly to another guild home, or a hub to make the journey to and from Wintermoor easier for those that tire of saddle time. I do not understand much of magic myself, but do see the benefit if used wisely.

I also see discussions for those new to the realm of a monastery for training and guidance. I support that idea wholeheartedly, and like many have said, I would lend what support I could. Siege can be a very daunting land to try and survive in alone for any one returning, let alone someone completely new to the realm. But I am a strong believer of earning your way and not getting a life handed to you without learning the lessons, and sometimes... pain... in what it takes to flourish. There is a balance there that a new comer monastery could fill.

*Salutes* Sol Invictus

(Out of character here) As anyone who has ever read any of my posts - from long ago, or current - you can tell I have a leaning toward Role Play. I have always felt with a game like UO that it was important while in game or on the boards. That's the persona the folks in game come to know and recognize you by. So you'll see the majority of my communication with that in mind. I Role Play with everyone I meet in game - both RED and BLUE. But Piram is not much for words. I would not be opposed to joining a guild that has it's footing in both PvM and PvP. I enjoy both - although I've always been better at PvM than PvP... I will do my duty when called. Whatever I end up doing - trying to grow BoV or joining another guild, I would keep the home in Wintermoor. It has a most special place in my memory and heart, and is like coming "home". To the "Good" guilds out there, I starting to look for more interaction so if you have something going on and need an extra body, by all means call upon Piram or Phaedrin (crafter). Both are still regrowing their skills, but both would be happy to join any activities you might have going on. It really is good to be playing on Siege again... I forgot how much I really enjoyed this game!! Thanks for listening!