• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Selling] Winter Net Toss Crab Cake

• Thread starter Markess [CoW]
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
M

Markess [CoW]

The Event Item list says that 10 of these are out there.

Open Bids.. Thank you

Attachments

L

[LGND]

10 is incorrect. The EM stated that 24 were given out. However it seems that the cakes dropped in groups instead of as singles. The result, only 3 groups of cakes were dropped. I obtained a group of 13. Not sure on the size of the other groups.

M

Markess [CoW]

Legends:
Winter Net Toss Crab Cake - January 2010 (10)
Cupids Carapase (~50)

L

[LGND]

Just because it is listed as only 10 does not mean only 10. Mistakes/Incorrect info happens all the time.When an EM gives a blunt number at the event, you use that number, not the number that is posted on an everchanging list.

Restroom Cowboy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Markess...in many cases those numbers are an estimate. Unless the EM confirms the amount given, *best estimates* are used.

If at any time anyone wishes to dispute the number of a certain rare...feel free to message Manti about it and I am sure he would be happy to make the changes.

M

Markess [CoW]

I am selling my item. If you do not have a offer then why are you even posting? I am only going off of the EM list that manti has put up. If he feels he should make changes to it on a certin item than he will. If you have a problem with the list and know more were spawned feel free to let him know so he will change it.
Now can only people with offers post on my listing or PM me?
Thank you.
*Smiles*

Escaflowne

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Markess i don't think they mean any offense by their posts, they are just trying to give some friendly advice and make sure the correct information is given so that no one gets scammed or anything by inaccurate info. We stick together like a community on things like this :)

M

Markess [CoW]

Markess i don't think they mean any offense by their posts, they are just trying to give some friendly advice and make sure the correct information is given so that no one gets scammed or anything by inaccurate info. We stick together like a community on things like this :)
We'll I accepted this item as a partial trade and thought there were (10) because he told me there were. So it seems they are kinda late, because obviously I was scammed. If they knew how to do it right they woulda just PM'ed Manticore and told him theres more if there TRUELY looking out for the community. Instead of just telling me about it. I didnt make the list of new EM items and quanitys. Their telling the wrong person. I cannot go in and change that so EVERYONE doesnt get fooled from now on. I just stated facts, that the event list "said theres 10." Dont get me wrong I'm not upset at anyone about this I just dont like people trying to ruin my posts when I'm trying to sell something because it happens alot here..

Oh well.. If all else fails I'll just keep it. I'm sure 1 day it will be worth alot.
OFFERS PLZ
=-]

Escaflowne

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think they were trying to tell anyone that reads this thread and may be interested in buying, but yes good luck with selling :)

Manticore

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
hmm I don't just pull figures out of thin air. I asked 4 people from that event who had gotten 1 and they said around that number. The crabcakes came later in the event towards the end. The beginning part was nothing but killing seacreatures and many were unlootable because of the distance from the dock. So unless I hear it directly from the EM or from somone who usually EM leak sources to then the number stays. O, also not once did I hear anything about groupings each of these owners got one each off corps.

Restroom Cowboy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think they were Hating on my man Markess Because he has an item that is Potentially Rare and Valuable with Hopes to scar his sale.Which is Dirty and Mean.IMO they can get a life and make there own Thread to post Negative @*^%.Thats My Openion!Furthermore I think you are Insulting A Respected Member of the Ultima Online Community By Saying Manticores Sticky on Event Season 8 is incorrect.Here is the Link "http://vboards.stratics.com/showthread.php?t=174173" Read it Indulge in it and Markess Takes his Victory Breath as you find he is Correct and this Guy in deed did not get a group of 13 cakes like he states he just proves himself to be a hater.Go Markess I hope you get 300m for it bro and Ignore the Negative Bull$&*# these Idiots Post.
By no means was I attempting to detract from his sale. I was only seeking to correct a common mistake made within the rares community. Please pardon me if what I said was out of line, but I felt that what was said needed to be said to help the seller avoid any further potential misunderstanding of the rares page and how it works.

@ markess...you werent scammed...the person you bought it from was going by the same information you were. aside from that I do not think the numbers mentioned will lead to any less gold coming your way from the sale. If you ever have any questions on any of the new stuff on any of the new shards...feel free to PM me...I will try to answer them as best and honestly as possible.

M

Markess [CoW]

By no means was I attempting to detract from his sale. I was only seeking to correct a common mistake made within the rares community. Please pardon me if what I said was out of line, but I felt that what was said needed to be said to help the seller avoid any further potential misunderstanding of the rares page and how it works.

@ markess...you werent scammed...the person you bought it from was going by the same information you were. aside from that I do not think the numbers mentioned will lead to any less gold coming your way from the sale. If you ever have any questions on any of the new stuff on any of the new shards...feel free to PM me...I will try to answer them as best and honestly as possible.
I know I wasnt scammed. I am 100% satisfied with my trade and in this item. I only said that because of Escaflowne's post to prove a point if you read mine and his posts I was being sarcastic, because he hinted that I was scamming. Like if they didnt each add their 2 cents in someone would be scammed. You do not need to correct me, I have been arround much long enough to know my own stuff.

W

weezer

Don't know if this helps, but i was at the event and I looted one crab cake from two different monsters (definately not in stacks). I beleive only three monsters spawned that could have had them (a beefed up ogre lord). From the people i talked to at the event itself, nobody indicated they recieved more than one and a lot of people (of the 20 there) indicated they didn't get one. I was doing mass damage to the ogre lord with an old repond/ogre slayer juka bow on a maxed out archer. I am sure I was the top damager on at least two of them.

10 could be very accurate

Slickjack

Rares Fest Host | Cats Nov 2010
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
thankssomuchforyourmanifestoihaveoneofthesesothereisoneforthecount

WootSauce

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I also can not fathom how one can think to put spaces between words, but ignore the same protocol when faced with a sentence.

To add to the post - i purchased one of these on ATL.

Restroom Cowboy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You do not need to correct me, I have been arround much long enough to know my own stuff.
no...I didnt *need* to...but since you were outta the loop on this one I felt it pertinent to set the record straight. Now you know...and knowing is half the battle!