• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Windrunner 2.0

Zalan

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I know this is not the most optimum dps pet. Its a giant wolf that cast Necromancy spells. Its going to be built. Here is the build for it. Feedback is wanted. Want to make it the best Necro/Wolf it can be.

Stats:
Str 600
Dex 150
Int 125
Hit Points 570
Stamina 150
Mana 598
Base Damage 18-25

Resist
Physical 75
Fire 75
Cold 70
Poison 70
Energy 75

Regeneration
Mana 20

Magic
Necromancy
Spirit Speak

Special Abilities
Life Leech

Skills
120 Wrestling
100 Tactics
100 Anatomy
100 Parry
100 Resist Spells
100 Meditation
100 Focus
1oo Necromancy
1oo Spirit Speak

100 Focus
1oo Necromancy
1oo Spirit Speak

SouthPaw

Lore Master
A few suggestions:

- If it was mine I'd take cold and poison down to 65 and put physical and fire at 80. WAY more mobs do physical and fire damage than cold/poison. Your pet will have better survivability.

-Not sure about the 120 wrestling. If you went with 115 wrestling then you could add 120 parry and 120 resist as well.

-598 Mana is way too much! You don't need it that high. Mana regen is a lot more important. You could do 300 mana and you probably wouldn't notice any difference.

*I'm at work right now and the network blocks the pet planner for some reason, but if I have time I'll jump on it tonight and see what I can make.

Last edited:

Zalan

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Tried another version of this build on test. The major difference was on test had Armor Ignore and no mana regeneration. With Armor Ignore it would burn through 600 mana in 2 minutes. In active combat mana would only trickle back in.

SouthPaw

Lore Master
Tried another version of this build on test. The major difference was on test had Armor Ignore and no mana regeneration. With Armor Ignore it would burn through 600 mana in 2 minutes. In active combat mana would only trickle back in.
Yeah, Armor Ignore will burn through mana fast no matter how much you have. What matters is how fast you can regen it.

SouthPaw

Lore Master
I was going to run it through the planner, but realized they start with slightly different resists. Do you know what yours started with?

Zalan

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Physical 41
Fire 40
Cold 36
Poison 39
Energy 35

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Is there any way you can add 20 HPR? That seems way more important to me than scrolling your pet (other than wrestling).

SouthPaw

Lore Master
You could try something like this:
Saved Planner | uo-cah.com

-I started with 51 Int, which is the minimum Windrunners can have, so you might have a couple extra points.
-Has less HP and STR than the build you posted, but max mana/HP regen. High HP regen and mana regen is better than hp and mana max amount.

Zalan

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I had Windrunner fight stuff on Dagger Isle till his Intelligent hit 125. Unfortunately his mana stopped gaining at 73. I continued for another 4 hrs on Dagger Isle and he wouldnt gain any more mana after his Intelligent hit 125.

Zalan

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That is a pretty good build. I dont plan on scrolling him much. Saving my scrolls for a AI Bane Build. Scrolls are a bit hard to come by on Legends Shard atm.

Khyro

Sage
Stratics Veteran
I had Windrunner fight stuff on Dagger Isle till his Intelligent hit 125. Unfortunately his mana stopped gaining at 73. I continued for another 4 hrs on Dagger Isle and he wouldnt gain any more mana after his Intelligent hit 125.
Secondary stats (Health, Stamina, Mana) will only gain alongside their primary stat counterpart. Meaning Mana will only gain when Intelligence gains (in regards to training a pet to 125 stats). The reason it stopped at 73 Mana is because Windrunners start with 0 mana, but not 0 Int. So it sounds like your Windrunner was born with 52 Int, which naturally raised 73 points to 125, also giving you 73 mana. (This is also why Hiryus, for example, will never naturally gain beyond their 60 starting mana).

Mordha

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Secondary stats (Health, Stamina, Mana) will only gain alongside their primary stat counterpart. Meaning Mana will only gain when Intelligence gains (in regards to training a pet to 125 stats). The reason it stopped at 73 Mana is because Windrunners start with 0 mana, but not 0 Int. So it sounds like your Windrunner was born with 52 Int, which naturally raised 73 points to 125, also giving you 73 mana. (This is also why Hiryus, for example, will never naturally gain beyond their 60 starting mana).
Thank you for this info. I used to wonder about that with the hiryu