• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Windows You Can Look Through

zentr

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
I just wanted to say how cool it is that PG has windows in the buildings that you can look through. I remember noticing that in AC1 and being impressed. Such a small, seemingly simple thing, but most all MMOs just don't have that feature.

I didn't play AC1 for long (I couldn't afford two subs) but I remember being impressed my many of the mechanics. They just make sense. May be the best fishing I've seen too.

Citan

Project: Gorgon Developer
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Thanks! That was something Aaron pushed for. I insisted we have buildings without loading screens, which makes things a lot more difficult to optimize, but it's important to me. And Aaron said something like "if you're gonna have buildings on the landscape, then they should have windows." It actually does add some more technical concerns and we may end up taking a few out as we optimize, but I do like the effect.