• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Windows Vista

J

Jordin Red

Hello,I Think some one asked this question...can some one help me download the sims on windows vista or post the thread here...ty...

I

imported_LFancey

Jordin Red,

Sure thing.

First turn off your User Account Controls (UAC) as follows.

-Open Control Panel.
-Under User Account and Family settings click on the "Add or remove user account".
-Click on one of the user accounts, for example you can use the Guest account.
-Under the user account click on the "Go to the main User Account page" link.
-Under "Make changes to your user account" click on the "Change security settings" link.
-In the "Turn on User Account Control (UAC) to make your computer more secure" click to unselect the "Use User Account Control (UAC) to help protect your computer". Click on the Ok button.
-You will be prompted to reboot your computer. Do so when ready.

Then go here

http://ea-land.ea.com/download/install/setup.htm

Lee

C

Catwoman1966

Hello Lee, I have just changed my operating system to Windows Vista... and I did what you suggested by turning UAC off and installing the game but I find now that when I turn my UAC back on, the game will not work???
Can you explain to me why this is and if you plan on making the game playable with the UAC turned on?
I don't think it's right to have to have my UAC turned constantly off in order to play my game.

Regards,

Cat.

T

Tristan Lewis

Try right clicking on your desk top icon and running as adminestrator.

C

Catwoman1966

Tristan, that worked!.. Thank you so much

Regards and thanks,

Cat.