• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Tech Help] Windows 7 and General EC Help

jtw1984

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hello all! I know these questions have been asked before, but I thought it would be nice to make a sticky thread of suggestions to make the EC client run better. I began playing UO on the KR client so I feel this is my native client and I love it. However, it runs so laggy on my system that I can't really pvp effectively. Let me give you my system specs and you guys give me some ideas to help run better.

Before I begin let me say that I have everything in the EC client set to low settings. I have my Nvidia control panel set to performance over quality.

Specs:

Windows 7 Home Premium x64
Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 2.4 Ghz
8 GB Ram
Nvidia GEForce 9800 GTX

Hmmm its late and thats all I can think of. I probably missed some specs, but if you need anymore I'll gladly post them.

I appreciate all the help.

T

Tazar

Based on the system specs I see, I think you should be doing fine. To dig deeper, there's a lot of questions to ask.

How much memory is on the graphics card?

What video resolution are you running in?

Have you run any upload/download speed tests on your ISP?

Have you updated all of the sound and video drivers?

Try running it with all of the sound off and see if that helps (you may already have it off like many players).

Turn off any other options (shadows, trees, etc) and see if that helps.