• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

window/french doors

F

feath

surely someone has found this before I did? I was like...OMG, thats a WINDOW!
and stacking 4 of them, was a DOOR, you could walk through!

Did I really discover a new thing, or have I stumbled across another wheel?

I'm going to be redoing the door in frostwood i think. but, you get the idea...

Attachments

L

Lord Drakelord

surely someone has found this before I did? I was like...OMG, thats a WINDOW!
and stacking 4 of them, was a DOOR, you could walk through!

Did I really discover a new thing, or have I stumbled across another wheel?

I'm going to be redoing the door in frostwood i think. but, you get the idea...
is that clock frames?

L

Lord Drakelord

yup. 2 clock frames, turned to face south
Since the clockframe is a tinker wood item you don't get the choice of wood and if you use frost it comes out normal color, lost 8 logs when I saw that.

F

feath

ouch! sorry about that! i wonder if furniture dye tub will work?

edit; nope, doesn't work

Sarsmi

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That is really cute! I was also going to try to make them into a curio cabinet thing, you know the little wooden boxes with miniatures you hang on the wall. Just need a bunch of different tiny items you can raise up to look like they are in the boxes. Was going to do stuff like dyed thread and tinker springs and blackrock, other tiny things, to see if I can get it looking ok.

I really like the french doors. I wonder if there are other stacky items you could use to make long door handles...I think the lard of paroxy stacks, and there are some other ML peerless ingredients that look like green bottles that stack..hrmm...maybe black dyed yarn balls in pairs, three pairs raised up to make black door handles...

Ooh and you could do that venetian blind thing with the SE stealable small paintings stacked on each other, to put over the top half of the windows. That might line up right! And the curtain would cover the top part so no need for a valence.

Lotta stuff you can do here, great idea!

F

feath

let's see some stuff, sarsmi... you're better at this than me. i'm tired today, too, so not as bright as i could be.
I tried a cup - seems the stuff needs to be quite small to make it look right - as well as line up properly. seems to really limit what you can put in as a 'curio' box.

Attachments

E

Evilminion

Oh my goodness! The French door version is particularly nice! I'm going to need to experiment a bit with that on my primary house.

(I'll finish Deadwood first, though. Don't worry. :D)

F

feath

I think the french doors, and all the variations people will come up with, will make a great addition to towers/keeps/castles. Since I'm not so tired today as yesterday, I'm hoping to play around with it more.

Sarsmi

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think the french doors, and all the variations people will come up with, will make a great addition to towers/keeps/castles. Since I'm not so tired today as yesterday, I'm hoping to play around with it more.
Yeah, hop to it! *cracks whip* :D