• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Will Will Check Up?

• Thread starter Jenifer James TC
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
J

Jenifer James TC

So my question is, Does Will Wright check up on TSO anymore?

As most people know, everybody who worked on TS1 stopped and moved to TS2 or other games. Most people also know that Will Wright is working on his big "Spore" thingy, so where is TSO in his or any other EA department's minds (excluding the TSO department)? Not to mention that TSO can't even be found on the EA Games website. Does Will Wright discard TSO as a failure or a not popular enough online game to care about? When have you ever heard, "Will Wright, the creator of The Sims Online and SimCity?" I mean TSO isn't that old... yes 5 years, but the first SimCity game was created in 1989, so what makes Will Wright avoid TSO, an E3 award winning best simulation game of 2002, when talking about other Maxis online games such as Spore.

I also think TSO needs some public recognition to get it back up on it's feet. I remember the ads in the PC magazines, why can't we get those for the new TSO/EA Land (when it comes out). I know it's expensive and EA probably won't want to spend money on a littler game, but how will we get more popular without it? Word of mouth hasn't worked as well as I guess it was thought to be, and no one seems to want to think about commercials for TV or even banners for web sites...

Add your opinion on Will Wright's thoughts of this game, and ideas for making it more popular...

K

Keep It Real

I think he would be upset with what has been done to this game. Yes I know EVERYTHING is in the works............... But as of now there IS NO game left. TAKE TAKE TAKE and not a damn thing left for many players to do. Now a lot of people will have to either upgrade video cards or stop playing altogether, some progress.......I think the whole damn mess SUCKS! Flame away, I couldn't care any less, thats my opinion and I don't care who agrees and who does not.

J

Jenifer James TC

Um excuse me?... This post wasn't meant to flame anyone, just to see what people think Will thinks of this game, and what (promotional wise) Maxis/EA can do to make TSO more famous. Not to insult the game or Will in anyway. So all I can suggest to you is cool off and think about how this game is not based on your personal thoughts or feelings, but what the people as a whole think. Also, this is not the place to voice your opinions on the game or the updates there making, please do it somewhere else.

I

imported_Dali Dalinza

<blockquote><hr>

Um excuse me?... This post ...[was meant] just to see what people think Will thinks of this game,

[/ QUOTE ]

Umm, I think KIR summed up pretty succinctly what he thinks Will thinks -- or would think -- of the game. You did ask!

Isn't Will busy with SPORE? You could probably reach him at EA. Report back if you find out anything.

Edited to add: we were advised a few weeks ago that EA doesn't want to spend money on advertising for this game. Look for a thread last month or so called "Spreading the Word" or somthing like that. It was ideas for what you can to to advertise.

K

Keep It Real

ummm....this IS the place to voice it, this is a public forum and I posted what I thought Will would think of the game now. TY.

J

Jenifer James TC

<blockquote><hr>

I think the whole damn mess SUCKS!... thats my opinion and I don't care who agrees and who does not

[/ QUOTE ]

Um I think that shows your opinion on the game...

And this, as in the forums, is a place to post your views on the game, but not the post I started...

K

Keep It Real

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

I think the whole damn mess SUCKS!... thats my opinion and I don't care who agrees and who does not

[/ QUOTE ]

Um I think that shows your opinion on the game...

And this, as in the forums, is a place to post your views on the game, but not the post I started...

[/ QUOTE ]

I think WILL WOULD SAY the whole damn mess SUCKS!... thats my opinion OF WHAT WILL WOULD THINK and I don't care who agrees and who does not

T

TSO_Vortex

Will won't say anything negative about it. That's just his nature. I wonder if he knows that it's getting some lovin' from EA again, though.

I might have to have my wife shoot him an email. It's been a while since they talked.

R

Roger Wilco

<blockquote><hr>

Add your opinion on Will Wright's thoughts of this game, and ideas for making it more popular...

[/ QUOTE ]

Seeing as how his vision/version of the game has been a complete disaster I really don’t care what his thoughts on the game are. Hopefully he will stay far, far away and give the new team an opportunity to not be polluted by his failed online game design theories.

As for making it more popular, if they succeed at transforming TSO into SL Lite the word will get out among those people who enjoy social oriented online games. For example, every SL player I know has heard of TSO and are aware that it's being transformed. With better graphics, custom content, a less boring game design, less bugs, and with the coming free type of account I’m sure some will come and give it a try. If the new TSO is done well it will get some free press and interviews which will garner some more interest. After that who knows, maybe it gets a few bucks thrown at it for advertising.