• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Will Reviewing Casual Games Keep Me From The Beta?

D

Doralei

I review games for a site called jayisgames.com. We do casual games; flash, browser-based, BigFish, ect. So I had to say that yes, I do work for a gaming site, even though Ultima Online is not the type of game we review. Is this an automatic disqualification from the Beta?

I'd love to be a part of it, since I've been playing UO for years -- met my honest-to-goodness husband in it, in fact, years ago -- but it would stink if I was kept out because of something I do for fun on the side. It would have been nice if the form had had a spot for me to put the address to the site I write for so the Devs could make a decision based on that.

T

Tazar

My thought is that it would help more than hurt! EA/Mythic does VERY little advertising for UO so any "PR" from the press should be highly desired. Of course, during the beta test, you would be subject to the standard "Non-disclosure agreement" so you would not be able to write about it till the NDA is released.