• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Will our cemetaries be cleansed??

• Thread starter Boogieman
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
B

Boogieman

Just read on the UO Hall forum that small shards will have problems getting rid of the totems (and the accompanying spawn) in the cemetaries. It's estimated to take somewhere between 200-300 sacs of venom to destroy one. (The exact statement was that 153 sacs 'is more than half way').

Perhaps we should try to focus our efforts on one cemetary at a time - so at least a few of them can be cleansed?

Anyone for a coordinated effort??

I've poured two on the totem in Jhelom / Trammel, FYI.

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just read on the UO Hall forum that small shards will have problems getting rid of the totems (and the accompanying spawn) in the cemetaries. It's estimated to take somewhere between 200-300 sacs of venom to destroy one. (The exact statement was that 153 sacs 'is more than half way').

Perhaps we should try to focus our efforts on one cemetary at a time - so at least a few of them can be cleansed?

Anyone for a coordinated effort??

I've poured two on the totem in Jhelom / Trammel, FYI.

I also poured 3 on the totem in Jhelom. :)

It would be great if a group of people went to kill Siracii several times and collect alot of these venom sacs. :)

B

Boogieman

I've got some good news - well, it was news to me anyways:

I thought that the Sicarii quest could be done only once pr. character. Thus one sac of venom pr. character.

This has turned out not to be quite the case though - the venom sacs can also be picked up as loot from Sicarii!

That sure changes the prospect of removing some totems.

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes, you can kill Sicarii as much we want. They keep dropping venom sacs. The only thing that can only be done 1 time a character is getting the big web :)

N

Nenime

Yes and you don't even have to go through the whole quest chain again. Just go to the pentagram again, speak "sicarii" and get ressed ;).

They 'adjusted' the drop rate of the small spider web (and the gossamers) for the Sicarii loot (see here). If this means 'raised' there is indeed a motivation to go down there again.

Shall we?

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i'm there now with Sicarii alone... i think she wants to feed me to her babies :p

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Great. We have till the 17th to take one down by ourself. Otherwise they dissapear then anyway.

B

Boogieman

We have till the 17th to take one down by ourself. Otherwise they dissapear then anyway.
Just visited Jhelom after lunch today (CET). The Halloween spawn is still going strong.
I don't know what to think really - on one hand I'd like our cemetaries to be nice and (comparatively) quiet again. On the other hand I'd feel silly to have spend time trying to get venom only to find out that the spawn goes away by itself after a certain date (which doesn't seem to be the 17th of November)...