• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Will I ever get the mace and shield reading glasses?

G

Who out there has got the mace and shield glasses? How did you go about getting them?

I'm seeing 5 ways:

1/. Buy them from a player @ ~9mil
2/. Donate gold @ 15mil
3/. Mine the 1,000,000 ingots to make the 97,778 bucklers required (including making smithing tongs/hammers x1,000) @ about 57 years of mining/smithing
4/. Buy the 97,778 bucklers/battle axes @ 2.5-4mil
5/. Buy for rl cash @ £???.?? which I refuse to do

How does someone with no money and not that much spare time hope to get these items? Please let me know as it's the last piece of my warrior's suit that I need!!!

Thanks

E

Emil_surdeegen

you saying we sould also do this item easlie obtained f this then isnt the doom artys enough?
artys are supposed to be rare not able to get like nothing

G

<blockquote><hr>

you saying we sould also do this item easlie obtained f this then isnt the doom artys enough?
artys are supposed to be rare not able to get like nothing

[/ QUOTE ]

No, I'm asking how have other people managed to get theirs. I know this is going to take me months of dedication and the reward justifies the work. I was just curious as to the most common approach people have for obtaining this item.

It wasn't a 'this-is-too-hard-make-it-easy' rant

G

I did option 4, took me a few weeks, altho I was in no rush.
I just did an hour here and there, as and when the mood took me.
but it all added up and eventually I got mine.

G

I did option #1 back when I had a lot of gold.

Now I´m broke...

Edit: Had I known about/thought of #4 I would´ve done that instead as that seems to be the best thing to do if you´re in no hurry.

G

don't have any, but if I wanted them I'd have been dropping off any bucklers I got while hunting for the last several months, make a few when in the mood and not worry how long it's taking.

I've been collecting dragon scales on a very casual basis for months, not even sure what I plan to get with them.

LeBaiton

New Player Protector
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
- Do Doom, get orny, trade for Mace and Shield glasses, or sell for 8/9m and then buy Mace and Shield glasses from another player?...

- Buy a barbed kit, craft armor and hope for an uber piece worth atleast 9m + whatever the kit cost you?...

- (and here's one a lot of rares collectors seem to favor) exploit bugs, get normally unobtainable items, wait for EA to fix it, sell said obtained items for an insane ammount of gold (grudgingly joking here, I was told that "Trashers Tail cloth" is being sold for 3m per bolt, consider this option to be sarcasm from my side)

I would've added option "be lucky enough to be invited for a seer's quest, and sell obtained uber rare item for bilions of gold", but we all know what happened to seers...

Edit: I would like to add that I made 3m in a week's time by just selling loot found on t-hunts on vendors I was allowed to place in several vendor houses, so making money in a normal and legit way is still very much possible. And I sell weapons, jewelry and enhanced armor. Just saying...

LeBaiton

New Player Protector
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I thought of another option, but I'm not sure you'd consider this "spending real life money" or not. If you'd want a new account to fiddle with, or upgrade an existing account, you could buy a 9th anniversary edition package, and sell the transfer token / advanced character token for ingame money? I upgraded my accounts and sold the tokens in the past...

G

I'm not in any rush at all, got plenty more character finalising to do! I'm thinking option 4 is best for me, however, does anyone know if battle axes and bucklers are affected by the supply and demand economy?

I think I'm going to start marking runes to all the armourers/weaponsmiths I can find!

Look out for a future post in 6-12 months!!! haha

G

I marked all the smith's, armourers any npc I could find that sold the 'cheap' buckler, Fel seemed to the be half the price of tram.

The hard part was building the vendors up, buy 20 wait for restock buy 40 wait for restock altho when they got to having 999 each it flew.

I also marked about 4 runes to where you hand them in, I would always get some smart alec block my recall spot, wether they thought I was scripting or no I don't know they never stopped to ask.

If you have assist play around with that too, I can't remember what it was but there was a nifty macro you could record to handing in 20 or so at a time very fast.

good luck!

I

imported_Seasseragh

Got my Light of the Way glasses by a combination of 2. and 4., with Chiv-books instead of bucklers.

W

Winder UO

best bet is to pvm in doom or other places and hope to get items you can sell for that amount of money.

jack flash uk

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
i had loads of ingots and traded them in if i remember, gimme a call i can help u with some

I

imported_Ilysess

Do you want mine? I dont play anymore anyways, ill see if I can find them