• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Wildfire Ostard PVP build

Riner

Journeyman
Governor
I am finally getting around to building my first Wildfire Ostard and have decided on a pvp build. This is based on the CAH Mortal Poinson build with the extra points added to where I think they will be useful. I'd like to hear any suggestions on where I might more effectively put the remaining points.

My build: Saved Planner | uo-cah.com

CAH Base Build: Saved Planner | uo-cah.com

Thanks for any advice!
Riner

Riner

Journeyman
Governor
When it comes to scrolls here are my thoughts. This Ostard has poison breath and I'm planning on putting mortal strike on it. Neither of these are affected by EI or Magery, so not sure about scrolling those. Leaning towards 120 Wrestling, Parry, and Resist Spells. I figure Wrestling and Parry will help it avoid damage when attacked. Resist Spells I don't know as it only works against curse and poison maybe not sure how much those type spells are used in pvp? Also, as I am hoping it uses Wrestling and Parry in a defensive way thinking I might not scroll Anatomy or Tactics. Lastly, I'm going to test meditation and focus to see how much regen I get from those over on test before building. I plan on very high intelligence so will already have high regen and a large mana pool to use for a good initial dump.

Here is a revised planner with these things in mind: Saved Planner | uo-cah.com

Any input?

Ascalon

Adventurer
Keep in mind the cost difference for the different skill cap increases. Some are really cheap, as far as points cost.

Training Costs.jpg
source: https://uo.com/wiki/ultima-online-wiki/skills/animal-taming/animal-training/

For your build, Focus, Med, Resist, Parry, and maybe Anat are low cost.

For PvP, seems like HP regen isn't likely to be useful. I moved the points out, added a little to HP took a few from Mana, and added some skill scroll points.

If you port it over to Test Center, you could try it out with your play style/char template. Also, use something easy to get to, like Swoop to test how you like the damage of less than 700 Str vs fully 700 Str.