• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Wildfire Ostard AI/Chiv

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
3 =>5 slots
Mountable
They all start with the same stats

The Wildfire Ostard is an attempt to give us a Bane Dragon again. They are bought from the NPC at Wildfire dungeon. But, the bane Dragon stats made it be a four slot pet. Like a Bane they have natural Magery, thus they have high intensity. They also have the defensive poison of a Bane and you must feed them Blackrock Stew daily.
So Kyronix fiddled with the stats and came up with a pet that has set stats:

1624402327367.png

Notice most things are right in the middle of a Bane Dragon stat ranges. Personally I wish he got rid of magery and problem solved.

But this is what we have to work with.

Last edited:

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
These are very tight on points, you will have only 601 points left for scrolls if you follow this exactly.
Do not add something else or do this out of order until the last round where you can add scrolls before you finish regens.

Notice this pet has Low HP. So very few points are available to use.
You should practice on Test Center first! This is not like a Cu you have to make decisions on what you choose to leave off.

Before you begin building. Bring the Stamina and Dexterity to 125.

First points allocation:

1. Increase Stamina to 150
2. Increase Dexterity to 150
3. Increase Strength to 700
4. Increase Intelligence to 370
Lore page looks like this:
1624403386446.png
Now go to Resists:

5. Set the resists how you like them. Resists start so you can do any method.
Example:
1624403710502.png

6. Now set Regenerations. You can not finish so Do what you think you need to finish training.
If you do something other than this you may not have room for 120 scrolls at the end.

Could look like this:
1624403647985.png

7. You should have less than 12 points left. Put the few leftover points in Mana.

Second Points allocation:

1. Set base damage per second to Maximum!

2. Finish the Regens, I tested this pet on TC and it loses stamina when hit hard.
Stop if you are going to go below 1201 points! You need 1201 points to have 120 scrolls.
You can come back and finish regens later.

My Regens:
1624403979184.png
3. Choose Armor Ignore
4. Choose Chivalry.

At this point you have 601 points if you did not get the dex and stamina to 150.

That's exactly how many points you need for 120 scrolls (600).

Last edited:

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
My Wildfire Ostard on Test Center:
1624405070411.png

It kills stuff but you only have room for certain things. HP and mana are luxury items.

Last edited:

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Things you can do to have more HP or mana.

Only the brave should try these.

Dont add Poison or Cold Resist.

Dont use 120 scrolls on things besides Chivalry.

Last edited:

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Thanks for the write up @Pawain.
I may be wrong, but looking at this... the idea to provide something similar to a Bane was good, but the execution is as it usually is. I'd be reluctant to spend 120s on these. PvE-wise, a high intensity Reptalon or a Cu with maxed out mana will probably out-DPS it and will be a lot tankier. So, why bother? PvPers who just want the poison ability might find it acceptable, but I doubt is will make Banes any less desirable or cheaper.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Thanks for the write up @Pawain.
I may be wrong, but looking at this... the idea to provide something similar to a Bane was good, but the execution is as it usually is. I'd be reluctant to spend 120s on these. PvE-wise, a high intensity Reptalon or a Cu with maxed out mana will probably out-DPS it and will be a lot tankier. So, why bother? PvPers who just want the poison ability might find it acceptable, but I doubt is will make Banes any less desirable or cheaper.
Yup. If he got rid of the magery and eval instead, they would prob be 2 slot. But he wanted a Bane copy.

He did the best he could making what he did. He could have waved his magic wand like they did with Banes and made them forced 3 slot. When 97 came out Banes were 4 slot. Soon they became 3. Luckily only a few players started training their Banes in the first few days.

Scott1234

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
In general, isn’t 120 tactics on any pet a waste?
also, 700str doesn’t seem strictly needed on every pet either.. You give up a lot of other potential for that.

damage calc, difference between 100 and 120 tactics is tiny...

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
In general, isn’t 120 tactics on any pet a waste?
also, 700str doesn’t seem strictly needed on every pet either.. You give up a lot of other potential for that.

damage calc, difference between 100 and 120 tactics is tiny...
I have few pets with 120 tactics. I make guides that show all scrolls so that is an option. You can use the ones you want. The ones I make will not have all 120s.

I put 700 str on all pets. Especially Chiv pets.

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
3 =>5 slots
Mountable
They all start with the same stats

The Wildfire Ostard is an attempt to give us a Bane Dragon again. They are bought from the NPC at Wildfire dungeon. But, the bane Dragon stats made it be a four slot pet. Like a Bane they have natural Magery, thus they have high intensity. They also have the defensive poison of a Bane and you must feed them Blackrock Stew daily.
So Kyronix fiddled with the stats and came up with a pet that has set stats:

View attachment 120318

Notice most things are right in the middle of a Bane Dragon stat ranges. Personally I wish he got rid of magery and problem solved.

But this is what we have to work with.
Do all of the Ostards start with these same Attributes and Resistances from your first post?

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Do all of the Ostards start with these same Attributes and Resistances from your first post?
Yup they are set because he put as much on as he could. Otherwise that would be the best ones...

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I'm new so excuse the basic question but how do I do this?
Fight stuff. Even using a boat with spellbinders raises one of them. Let them gain wrestling and get parry at Slugs. Or on a 90 skill shadow ele. Or fight some easy stuff in Wildfire now.

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Very much appreciate the write-up for the Chiv-AI pet. However, I think many people will build a PvP spec on this unique "lesser bane" pet. As clearly demonstrated by Paiwan, there are superior PvM base pets for Chiv-AI builds. I certainly do not want to derail this thread (as there may be an awesome PvM building waiting to be discovered), but I would like to see a separate discussion on PvP specs on the Wildfire Ostard. That sort of info is generally lacking in this forum and would benefit the community.

-OBSIDIAN-

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Ya just leaving magery on or making one for PvP, I do not know what strength would be best since these are still pretty short on points.

I did make a magery one with 700 str. With scrolls and regens it had very few points for more mana or HP.

Grace of Minoc

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Not a single pet has Chivalry innate. Would be so nice if there was an innate Chivalry, or even , innate any magic school for this pet
that you can choose from. Would make the event more popular, as the 500 points saved for a magic skill makes a world of difference
on this pet. Please up the spawn or lower the amount of points needed a bit to whomever is reading this who has the power to do so.

Lex Darion

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
For pvp banes.
Most people seem to do high int, mana and mortal or bite skills.

Some do poison breath for maximum poison procs. Basically normal bane builds.

Nero

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I think you can "delete" magery by adding poisoning for 1 training point. I did this with one of my banes as I do not want it to waste mana on magery spells and focus all its mana on the specials I chose (less is more). The active poisoning skill is nice too, as mobs get poisoned faster, either by the innate poisoning "skin" or the active poisoning ability.

Lex Darion

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I think you can "delete" magery by adding poisoning for 1 training point. I did this with one of my banes as I do not want it to waste mana on magery spells and focus all its mana on the specials I chose (less is more). The active poisoning skill is nice too, as mobs get poisoned faster, either by the innate poisoning "skin" or the active poisoning ability.
Seems like a waste though. + you don't get those value points for magery back.

Elessar

Journeyman
UNLEASHED
I'm on the fence as to whether these are worth getting if I strictly do PvM. 200 points per, and I have 3 tamer accounts. That's an awful lot of time grinding out drops to get a pet that I then need to feed blackrock stew every time I want to use it. Unless it's amazing (way better than any other high-intensity non-bane pets I already have), I think I will skip this one.

I have done roof with Sesshomaru, and he has some incredible banes. I would farm non-stop for a chance at a good bane. I don't think these are a good bane, but maybe I'm missing something.

Lex Darion

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Okay, so the intensity rating ( I don't think anyone has posted them to compare to a bane ).

If you input the stats these WF ostards spawn with, you'd get an
Intensity Rating: -17.09%

It's the STRENGTH that makes banes possible to train as chiv+ai although with low HP as result.
A chiv+ai bane needs high str to train as well, but they will end up with much more HP in comparison.

Inputting stats as a BANE in the calculator gives this result:
1624922446361.png

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yup they chose mostly mid points and reduced the Hit Points to cause it to go from 50% to negative.

That's what we have to work with.

tanotan

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wildfire ostard can be a good pet for pvp. If you want a good chiv-ai pet, you have to use a bane dragon. So sell your wildfire ostard or better sell two of them and buy an untrained bane dragon in order to get a serious chiv-ai pet.
Just my two cents :)

• Haha
Reactions: Kir

jride

Adventurer
Think people are missing the point that these have Pack Instincts, I haven't seen it in action but what other magical 5 slot pet has that? A fire steed- blah, these are better than those, which would make them hit even harder with a group of tamers, for boss encounters.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Think people are missing the point that these have Pack Instincts, I haven't seen it in action but what other magical 5 slot pet has that? A fire steed- blah, these are better than those, which would make them hit even harder with a group of tamers, for boss encounters.
No pet has pack instinct at 5 slots. It goes away when you train these.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I did not put points into poison or cold resist and I don't have 120 scrolls. It has 67 points left for a wrestling and Focus scroll if I get spares. It kills stuff.
My finished one on Lake Superior:
1630351168452.png

tanotan

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
thx for showing your scrolled Ostard with 5 slots. Too bad that all Ostards with chiv-ai are pretty much glass cannons. I sold mine on atl. You cant compare them with a chiv-ai bane. Too bad, especially for 200 Wildfire artifacts points.

gwen

Slightly Crazed
I put mine in the bank. One day, when they will fix magery and magery mastery, I will use it. Or if we one day will be able to return wasted 1500 magery points.

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I put mine in the bank. One day, when they will fix magery and magery mastery, I will use it. Or if we one day will be able to return wasted 1500 magery points.
thx for showing your scrolled Ostard with 5 slots. Too bad that all Ostards with chiv-ai are pretty much glass cannons. I sold mine on atl. You cant compare them with a chiv-ai bane. Too bad, especially for 200 Wildfire artifacts points.
From your 2 Posts, I gather that, at least as of now, Wildfire Ostards are not much useful ?

Has anyone found a build for this new Pet that gives them some useful use or, as @gwen said, for now their place is stored in the bank, still as a statue pet, and left unused ?

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
From your 2 Posts, I gather that, at least as of now, Wildfire Ostards are not much useful ?

Has anyone found a build for this new Pet that gives them some useful use or, as @gwen said, for now their place is stored in the bank, still as a statue pet, and left unused ?
If you know how to play a tamer you can kill stuff with any AI/Chiv pet. I do not make non useful pets.

gwen

Slightly Crazed

Uo-cah is full of Ostard builds. Start playing this game for real, not theoretically.
I put mine in bank because for my character builds, playstyle, for gear, scrolls and skills I have there are lots of other pets, way more suitable. FOR ME!
Go get unicorn (can tame and try indefinitely), make something useful of it and then think do you want to trade Uni full poison resist for reactive poisoning.