• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Wild Bug still alive and well

Mentiras

Lore Keeper
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Just a min ago, my bonded 120'd mare stopped responding to commands without the "no" sound. Then I died, when I came back for him and told him to follow me, he went wild. =/

This happened fighting the Putrefyer, luckily we had killed him and my brother lured the next one off so my freshly tamed mare didn't get destroyed...

Also I haven't heard this before but half his 120s stayed trained and the other half I now have to retrain from 84.0

RockoNV

Seasoned Veteran
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
That's a bummer, sorry to hear it. Since this bug is still active, going forward with my rideable tames is just get on and go to safety and feed it before commanding it.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
@Bleak I wonder how maky pple have lost trained expensive pets this way. You could have easily have lost this pet..probably worth at least 150-250 M's depending how you bought/got the all 120 scrolls, not to mention the time put in to tame and train and skill this pet...
I wonder if this is meant to be this way, as an extra challenge to the players, or is it a programming bug somehow?

Donavon

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Yes, sadly we are not sure what procs this bug.. some think its a line of sight loop that once procs causes a chain, other times it s apocket that hits every pet in the area.. luckly when it comes to pets if they do go wild there is a safey code for the harder to lvl skills, like magery, chiv,discord, etc that keeps them drop droping.... but all other skills like wrestly, tactics,etc they take about a 18% lose ... another bug that goes hand in hand with this one is the stat loss bug.. its a lot like the server line bug.. if a pet goes wild or is released with any buff or debuff on it.. there is a recoil and that stat lose freezes to the pet and becomes perma.. I have a cu that has -8 hp from when I was testing some of these bugs causing them to happen to find their triggers... Just becareful friends.. and make sure to lore you pets at least once an hour and feed them before up coming battles... oh and happy Halloween all =^-^=

Orlac

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
One odd note.....the Mare before going wild was 4 slot....after retaming he was 5, but still has a training bar at 50%

It Lives

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Not trying to detract from the issue but I have never in 17 years had a single pet go wild that was not my fault. I carry the appropriate food with me at all times and never let my pet go under wonderfully happy. I will stop mid battle or cast create food to adjust its level if necessary.

Now that's not to say bad things don't happen and I would be pissed if it did.

(interrupted): Seems to be happening with mostly gargoyles they need to start there. flying/line of sight/proximity/ all could be some axis issue leading to unhappy pet.

Last edited:

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I have never had this issue... ever.