• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Wierd question about insurance

J

Justy

If you purchase an item with the insurance tag "on" who gets charged the fee if you equip it then die?

Likewise if I put an insured item on my vendor and someone buys that item would I get charged?

Or is that just a glitch with the item not acually insured?

I always wondered aout this.

G

I'm not absolutely sure.

To be safe, I always re-insure things that I purchase or am given. Just in case.

N

nickdafunk

<blockquote><hr>

If you purchase an item with the insurance tag "on" who gets charged the fee if you equip it then die?

Likewise if I put an insured item on my vendor and someone buys that item would I get charged?

Or is that just a glitch with the item not acually insured?

I always wondered aout this.

[/ QUOTE ]

The money is withdrawn from the bank box of the person who applies the insurance to the item.

If you recieve an item which already carries the insured tag, that item is insured for any player who carries the item and there is no need to re apply the insurance.

G

Well, haven't I been being extra-cautious! *laughs*

I'm glad this question was asked...now I won't have to re-insure my goodies.

G

Insurance is charged when you insure the item, not when you die. If you have auto-insure on when you die, then all items that were insured will reinsure and the gold is removed from your bank at that time (hence you see the msgs 600 GP has been withdrawn from your bank for each item you have insured).

J

Justy

<blockquote><hr>

Insurance is charged when you insure the item, not when you die. If you have auto-insure on when you die, then all items that were insured will reinsure and the gold is removed from your bank at that time (hence you see the msgs 600 GP has been withdrawn from your bank for each item you have insured).

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess my question was more about the auto-insuring of the item. Is the item linked to the old bank account or to the current owner's bank account?

I

imported_ParadoxUO

Before going on a particular nasty hunt... ask a guildmate to kill you twice... get a res and dress yourself (do not 2x the corpse)... make sure your items are safe and, of course, ask the insurance gold back from your friend.

C

Connor_Graham

<blockquote><hr>

Well, haven't I been being extra-cautious! *laughs*

I'm glad this question was asked...now I won't have to re-insure my goodies.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd suggest doing it anyway. I always uninsure any item I buy, then reinsure it with my own character for no reason other than to avoid a possible link to the insurance bug.

600gp is well worth not taking the chance of losing something you may have paid millions for.

G

<blockquote><hr>

600gp is well worth not taking the chance of losing something you may have paid millions for.

[/ QUOTE ]

300gp for PvP, 100gp for factions.