• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

why ?

F

Fanta(Siege)

TNT did it to get all the cloaks of silence from the noobs. Calibretto md was there at first then after we all left and the blues were left in front of covetous tnt rolled in and murdered them all taking the cloaks of silence from the players that came for the event. Kat do you think about what you mean when you say this is what siege is? Since i do agree siege is alot of killing blues and such but what other reason would the shard be so dead? I don't disagree with killing blues but really??? waiting till the EM ran back into cove to find lost players??? I applaud your guilds success in the murder of completely new players stealing the only things they have on siege! CONGRATS!

Mook Chessy

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was there for just a bit of this nightmare,the EM was an idiot, and the thing I noticed was the faces where all the same. I did not see one new face.

Facts are facts, Diablo is an tool, period. The last time Fanta tried to have an auction, MD raided and killed half the people there, and they had items in the auction.

Kid has zero respect for anyone of anything.

Vortex

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was there for just a bit of this nightmare,the EM was an idiot, and the thing I noticed was the faces where all the same. I did not see one new face.
While I was there I saw three people in NEW and one unguilded person who claimed to be new to the shard.

Agreed on the EM (he should have given rewards in a guard zone) but his stupidity doesn't excuse TnT's actions - killing new players for their robes.

F

Fanta(Siege)

Facts are facts, Diablo is an tool, period. The last time Fanta tried to have an auction, MD raided and killed half the people there, and they had items in the auction.

True True but all though diablo is usually an ass to most he was not doing anything to disturb the new players and just wanted to have part in the duels and have fun...

Kael

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

True True but all though diablo is usually an ass to most he was not doing anything to disturb the new players and just wanted to have part in the duels and have fun...
I gotta agree with mook here....Diablo for the most part didnt have time to disturb anything at the event cause whenever he showed people chased after him causing him to either blip or use a faction rune to escape. Given the time i'm sure he would have been up to his usual tricks.

S

Seikatein

Diablo, you did too kill someone after that... me, but I killed your vollems so I kinda started that, and Cali I know we all hate Diablo equally here, but I'm actually going to take his side he was being quite civil at the event. It was TnT doing most of the disrupting being greedy killing newbies for thier event items.I hope you guys reconize they arent doing this for us they are doing it for seige this is our last chance to start being able to pay for the cost it takes to run our server.If you wish for seige to die go ahead an keep it up because all of your gold all of your castles all of your precious factions suits it will all be deleated and when you log on the next time your screen will be set to log onto atlantic..........

Vortex

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Diablo, you did too kill someone after that... me, but I killed your vollems so I kinda started that, and Cali I know we all hate Diablo equally here, but I'm actually going to take his side he was being quite civil at the event. It was TnT doing most of the disrupting being greedy killing newbies for thier event items.I hope you guys reconize they arent doing this for us they are doing it for seige this is our last chance to start being able to pay for the cost it takes to run our server.If you wish for seige to die go ahead an keep it up because all of your gold all of your castles all of your precious factions suits it will all be deleated and when you log on the next time your screen will be set to log onto atlantic..........
Yeah, but you also asked him nicely to take the vollums outside and he refused. Then he ran around using a bunch of dashes to block everyone else speaking.

I

Ivorythorn

Wow. After reading this post I am seriously reconsidering spending some of my play time on SP. I guess I'll stay on my main shard.

Ivorythorn

B

Bruin

Wow. After reading this post I am seriously reconsidering spending some of my play time on SP. I guess I'll stay on my main shard.

Ivorythorn
If you notice, this thread is primarily about 1 person who acted childish during this event. Everyone here is discussing the childish behavior of this person, and most likely people will be making them pay in game for their actions (good old fashioned Siege justice).

On non-Siege shards, there is also childish behaviour during events. However, are the instigators of such behavior ever publically discussed? Is there ever any sort of player justice directed to the instigator (can there be)?

BS happens on every shard. The difference is we just have a community here that discusses and eventually takes out the trash.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
While I was there I saw three people in NEW and one unguilded person who claimed to be new to the shard.

Agreed on the EM (he should have given rewards in a guard zone) but his stupidity doesn't excuse TnT's actions - killing new players for their robes.
I was playing a character named Carolyn. She's not in NEW because I just made her Saturday night and haven't decided yet whether or not I'll spend more time on Siege. She was PKd a couple of times...once in the counselor's hall (I showed up late) and at least twice outside of Covetous.

No one got the cloak I got from the EM because I (fortunately) remembered to use my Siege blessing on it. Nothing else was looted either, but there was nothing else to loot other than new-character clothes and a candle. The unbonded pet Borg gave me earlier in the evening also survived.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
I was playing a character named Carolyn. She's not in NEW because I just made her Saturday night and haven't decided yet whether or not I'll spend more time on Siege. She was PKd a couple of times...once in the counselor's hall (I showed up late) and at least twice outside of Covetous.

No one got the cloak I got from the EM because I (fortunately) remembered to use my Siege blessing on it. Nothing else was looted either, but there was nothing else to loot other than new-character clothes and a candle. The unbonded pet Borg gave me earlier in the evening also survived.
All in all I would call that a win. *nods*

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
Tina, if you ever decide to give Siege a shot let me know. I would dig into the fund for a treasure like you. Go the NEW route if you wish. It would be worth the experience.

*shameless plug for an Iantown resident*

UncleSham

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*waves to carolyn*

sorry i couldn't do more to defend you . i had my bard skills on, which isnt much good for pvp im afraid . (not that im that great at pvp anyway)

hope you had a fun time despite the deaths . i suppose its true this is also part of the real siege . so there ya have it . there are some jerks around to be sure , but there are also a bunch of great people who will go out of their way to help .

i occasionally log on to some of the prodo shards i used to play on but usually none even bothers to speak to me ... i dunno is it better to have a few people willing to help you or a large crowd who will ignore you ?

personally im back on siege till the end . ive found some really great people here .(the HHSF alliance) if you want to come chat or just hang out ill introduce you to them. pm me

ivorythorn , huh ? mind telling me what exactly about this post makes you say that ?

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i occasionally log on to some of the prodo shards i used to play on but usually none even bothers to speak to me ... i dunno is it better to have a few people willing to help you or a large crowd who will ignore you ?
You must be a mind-reader. I was thinking this very thing today. I've tried out a lot of shards in the last year or so and can only recall one time other than Saturday night that someone approached one of my shabbily dressed new characters and actually struck up a conversation. I believe it may have been on Napa that some sneaky guy managed to slip some gold into my hand by asking me to do him the favor of taking a blue beetle from his character and giving it to another one. Slipped the gold in when I gave back his beetle. Said it was a reward for passing on the beetle. rolleyes:

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Tina, if you ever decide to give Siege a shot let me know. I would dig into the fund for a treasure like you. Go the NEW route if you wish. It would be worth the experience.

*shameless plug for an Iantown resident*
I will certainly let you know. Poo's been pushing me to make some Siege characters for quite a while now. I think I'm running low on other shards to make characters on as a stalling tactic.

LadyNico

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was Vox - Adept stealth/tamer still very much in training - and dressed in my finest gear (Petra's lrc training gift suit lol).

I had just returned from a late duty call out here in London (so 3 or 4am thereabouts to me), so arrived very late to the event. No time to remove my blessed item, didn't expect to actually win anything anyway. Made vague plans of giving Kelmo anything that was handed out as a cheer-up rather than letting it fester in my bankbox.

I ran as fast as my laggy mount would carry me to the Counsellor's Guild. One stealther in there opening & closing the door. No sign of bodies nor bones, just a blue gate. Thought I might just manage to find some event straggler and hoped for the best as I dived through.

Gate led to Coveteous and by sheer luck, the eventers were gathered discussing the rules. Bottom of Coveteous, and the first one out wins - yay! Game on!

Yahaxithonix very kindly ressed me when a lethal combo of a gazer and a lag monster ganged up on me not far from the final exit. *stares back gratefully*

Another kind soul, whose name I'm sorry I didn't catch, had stood guard over my corpse, clearing the small spawn there so I could return to nab what little gear I carried. Thank you, too, kind soul!

Made it outside, surprisingly (!) to much confused milling about. Knew it was going to get interesting because TnT were present. There was some confusion about who won and so the EM was generous enough to offer everyone a +10 stealth robe. The EM then asked us to line up and admonished us to remain still! :lol:

I really did giggle. Such a long train of stationary targets was extremely unlikely to be permitted to leave without at least some scorchmarks on our britches. :D

With robes presented, and still no suggestion of what or where folks should be headed or doing, I offered a gate to Luna and cast my one and only gate scroll. I knew darn well it was coming, and come it did - Kal Vas Flam. Think my 80 str and 40's resist self managed to stagger a good two steps before the screen went grey on me. :lol:

For anyone not from Siege reading this, it was a swift, painless demise and I was fully ressed & fully dressed again within a matter of seconds. As completely expected, it was only the event robe which was looted. Easy come, easy go and spoils to the victor. :)

To be perfectly honest, Kelmo would have probably laughed at me for offering him an event robe that would only take up his storage space anyway.

My online playtime per week is next to nil these days. I wanted to honour Draconi, and to celebrate Siege. I do miss you 'orrible lot.

As I said in defence of Siege elsewhere, show me another shard where folks will so willingly sacrifice the possibility of obtaining event rares to res a fallen, laggy half-trained char, where fat loot & items rank far behind the folks on the shard, and I might just make a char there, too.

Thanks for the fun, Siege, and EM Quantum. And thanks for reminding me what UO can be when it really wants to. Back again when I can.

~Nico/Vox~

Kat

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Miss Nico - I am holding a robe for you. Please meet with me at your convenience. ICQ - 220571153

My guys initially came there to show their support, but got a little ticked off at the event house or whatever its called. It seems a lone tamer is allowed to come in, kill players and loot at will, yet the victim was unable to cast a spell to heal or defend himself, nor were his guildmates. Right or wrong, their thirst for blood kicked in and they decided to have a little fun after that. Please accept my appologies for the brutality of it all. They really are a sweet bunch of guys once you get to know them. :)

LadyNico

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Kat, that's pure awesome of you to offer. Genuinely appreciated and really nothing less than I've come to expect of Siege players.

If your kind offer extends as far as giving it to Kelmo for me, I'd be grateful since that was truly my sole intention for the thing. Never was about the stuffs for me.

If Kelmo should refuse it, then rather than it festering in my bankbox, perhaps someone who has need of the +10 stealth boost (and an unused personal bless) would benefit from it. I make no conditions, you choose whoever might be most in need or deserving.

No apologies necessary! Siege is Siege and having spent some time with you all, granted awhile back now (one of the Hoff's first events gave my old keep away as a prize :lol:), I really wouldn't have it any other way.

When rl obligations quit eating up all my playtime, be sure I'll be back to continue training Vox past 80's magery & taming. :D

Kat

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Consider it done! I shall get the robe to Kelmo as soon as he is able to log in again. We look forward to a time where you are able to return to Siege and hone those skills again!

*Cheers* :)

Vortex

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Miss Nico - I am holding a robe for you. Please meet with me at your convenience. ICQ - 220571153

My guys initially came there to show their support, but got a little ticked off at the event house or whatever its called. It seems a lone tamer is allowed to come in, kill players and loot at will, yet the victim was unable to cast a spell to heal or defend himself, nor were his guildmates. Right or wrong, their thirst for blood kicked in and they decided to have a little fun after that. Please accept my appologies for the brutality of it all. They really are a sweet bunch of guys once you get to know them. :)
Yeah, that was really annoying not being able to cast in there.

Classy response Kat, kudos.

Vortex

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Not all of us use dual 60" 1080i plasma HD monitors. :)
Man, I wish...I'm on a single 19" 1024x768.

Gonna build a new computer soon. The problem is no matter how fast my computer is, my internet sucks.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
Not all of us use dual 60" 1080i plasma HD monitors. :)
Sweeney? Are you running some HAX version of Stratics? I had no issues with Vortex's post either.

T'Challa

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sweeney? Are you running some HAX version of Stratics? I had no issues with Vortex's post either.
We're not all running widescreen laptops on motel wifi either!

1024 X 768, and he made me scroll over twice as much as was shown...

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
Jealous of my wifi?

Phantroneous

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Kat Might i inquire as to who this tamer was your reffering to?

K

Kiwillian

Kat is probably talking about Diablo (he was on BM at the time). He set his vollums on a (non-faction) crafter for no reason at the event hall. (so, not a tamer, just 2 vollums). edit: and dry looted him.

K

Kiwillian

This is when I think it happened (yes I have the whole log)

[09/12/06][14:31:18] [Phantroneous Cat]: In Vas Mani
[09/12/06][14:31:20] [Phantroneous Cat]: In Vas Mani
[09/12/06][14:31:22] [Bloody Mary]: In Vas Mani
[09/12/06][14:31:34] [Saint Dismas]: bah
[09/12/06][14:31:36] [Phantroneous Cat]: In Vas Mani
[09/12/06][14:31:37] [Bloody Mary]: In Vas Mani
[09/12/06][14:31:39] [Bloody Mary]: In Vas Mani
[09/12/06][14:31:40] [EM Quantum]: Folks if you want to fight please take it outside
[09/12/06][14:31:42] [Stardust]: I ban thee
[09/12/06][14:31:43] [Bloody Mary]: ..................................,....................................
[09/12/06][14:31:45] [Bloody Mary]: In Vas Mani
[09/12/06][14:31:47] [Bloody Mary]: In Vas Mani
[09/12/06][14:31:48] [EM Quantum]: Can't cast spells in here
[09/12/06][14:31:49] [Bloody Mary]: In Vas Mani
[09/12/06][14:31:53] [Bloody Mary]: .......................................
[09/12/06][14:31:56] [Bloody Mary]: All guard me
[09/12/06][14:31:56] [Bloody Mary]: All kill
[09/12/06][14:32:00] [Phantroneous Cat]: no offense
[09/12/06][14:32:00] [EM Quantum]: Magic Free Zone
[09/12/06][14:32:05] [Phantroneous Cat]: but
[09/12/06][14:32:10] [Phantroneous Cat]: not casting spells is good
[09/12/06][14:32:10] [Bloody Mary]: In Vas Por
[09/12/06][14:32:13] [Phantroneous Cat]: but
[09/12/06][14:32:15] [Phantroneous Cat]: that only stops
[09/12/06][14:32:17] [Phantroneous Cat]: mages
[09/12/06][14:32:27] [EM Quantum]: I didn't set it up like that :-(
[09/12/06][14:32:34] [Bloody Mary]: All guard me
[09/12/06][14:32:34] [Bloody Mary]: All kill
[09/12/06][14:32:35] [EM Quantum]: Hmm How about we go somewhere with more room?
[09/12/06][14:32:38] [Phantroneous Cat]: need to make it combat free zone somehow..
[09/12/06][14:32:49] [Bloody Mary]: All guard me
[09/12/06][14:32:49] [Bloody Mary]: All kill
[09/12/06][14:32:51] [Phantroneous Cat]: all kill
[09/12/06][14:32:51] [Phantroneous Cat]: *Points*
[09/12/06][14:32:52] [EM Quantum]: I can leave a gate up
[09/12/06][14:33:11] [Booglerz]: Dragons gogo
[09/12/06][14:33:29] [Saint Dismas]: Gee what a surprise, Diablo can't play by the rules <--- that's when diablo killed someone I think
[09/12/06][14:33:40] [Phantroneous Cat]: hello there saint
[09/12/06][14:33:44] [Bloody Mary]: All guard me
[09/12/06][14:33:44] [Bloody Mary]: All kill
[09/12/06][14:33:44] [Phantroneous Cat]: didnt see you ")
[09/12/06][14:33:45] [Bloody Mary]: All guard me
[09/12/06][14:33:45] [Bloody Mary]: All kill
[09/12/06][14:33:46] [Bloody Mary]: All guard me
[09/12/06][14:33:46] [Bloody Mary]: All kill
[09/12/06][14:33:47] [Bloody Mary]: All guard me
[09/12/06][14:33:47] [Bloody Mary]: All kill
[09/12/06][14:33:49] [R P McMurphy]: In Vas Mani
[09/12/06][14:33:49] [Bloody Mary]: All guard me
[09/12/06][14:33:50] [Bloody Mary]: All kill
[09/12/06][14:33:52] [Anck-Su-Namun]: u serious
[09/12/06][14:33:54] [Anck-Su-Namun]: in front gm
[09/12/06][14:33:57] [Stardust]: c'mon
[09/12/06][14:34:03] [Phantroneous Cat]: diablo
[09/12/06][14:34:05] [Noodnik Shpilkus]: well that's just rude
[09/12/06][14:34:11] [Phantroneous Cat]: behave please?
[09/12/06][14:34:16] [Phantroneous Cat]: we have enough trouble outside

[09/12/06][14:34:16] [Bloody Mary]: Rel Por
[09/12/06][14:34:17] [Bloody Mary]: In Nox
[09/12/06][14:34:18] [Inspector Gadget]: What the hell just happened?
[09/12/06][14:34:36] [Lindsey]: gm barbed kits for all who care for one
[09/12/06][14:34:38] [Bruin]: Bloody Mary, leave
[09/12/06][14:34:41] [EM Quantum]: That's why I suggested Moving
Date/time is local, I am from the future! :) (or was, anyway)

Kat

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This "Magic Free Zone" needs to be removed regardless of who set it up. Having such a "zone" is not at all consistent with the spirit of what is Siege Perilous.

When ML came out and red players were not allowed in The Heartwood, Siege residents made a huge fuss over that blunder by the dev team and it was changed. There are no other such restrictions on this shard.

I'm not sure how many of you will remember the following debacle, but there was a HUGE thread in this very forum about it. During an EM event, VmP raided and had about three quarters of the participants dead, when the EM summoned a GM and he created a guardzone [where there previously wasn't one] IN THE MIDDLE OF A RAID on that event. Nearly, if not ALL of VmP were guardwhacked all at once. Again, complete and utter bull**** on a shard of this nature. The fallout from that blunder lasted for days in a thread on this very forum, where blues, reds, friends and enemies protested the actions of both the EM and the GM responsible for that nonsense. Players here fight each other and there should be no restrictions here. Fights happen and our EM's need to just carry on and let the fittest or most persistent folks finish the event.

T'Challa

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Players here fight each other and there should be no restrictions here. Fights happen and our EM's need to just carry on and let the fittest or most persistent folks finish the event.
So, how do you explain banning people from fight night? Or dropping a house at an IDOC to fight from?

Oh, safe zones are OK when it's only TNT that's safe...gotcha!