• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Why?

They Call Me Al

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Why does it seem that every single person posting on stratics has some complaint about something?

The devs give us new skills/mobs/items/land, and people complain...

The devs FIX something everyone complains about, yet it's not good enough, or it's overdone, and people complain....

The devs give rewards for years playing, for holidays, for the hell of it, and people complain....

Someone uses game LEGAL mechanics to do something better than someone else, and because they don't benefit from it, people complain....

Can't you guys just get off your G'D high horses and soap boxes for a minute and just enjoy the game that most of us have sunk 11+ years into playing?

I mean really, if you are that upset about someone having better items, more pvp ability, "13373R" skill than you, please do all of us a flavor and turn off your CPU and go outside for a minute. And when you return inside, uninstall UO, install WOW, and complain to them for a while.

I guess all I'm saying is.....

Less QQ More Pew Pew

Aran

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Why are you complaining? Get off your high horse.

I mean really, if you're so upset about someone complaining on the internet, turn your computer off and go outside, then when you come back in close Stratics for good and go whine elsewhere.

Blesh

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've always thought of the phrase "less QQ more pew pew" as a term to shut up people who argue about how a boss should be defeated, in other words, STFU and do your job.

People are constantly pancakes about UO becuase the devs are so ****ty at doing THEIR jobs that players are at a disadvantage.

For example, speedhackers. which has been an issue for god only knows how long, but never addressed.

Another example, elves hats being defualted to the circlet graphic was, as stated by Chrissay, a bug. This "bug" was in the game for how long? Since I started playing 3 years ago at minimum. And they fixed it what? A month ago.

Seriously. Every UO player has every right to pancake and complain. Why anyone pays them to play is beyond me at this point anyways.

Aran

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So tell us about the MMO you designed and run that's way better.

jack flash uk

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Why does it seem that every single person posting on stratics has some complaint about something?

The devs FIX something everyone complains about, yet it's not good enough, or it's overdone, and people complain....

The devs give rewards for years playing, for holidays, for the hell of it, and people complain....

Someone uses game LEGAL mechanics to do something better than someone else, and because they don't benefit from it, people complain....

Can't you guys just get off your G'D high horses and soap boxes for a minute and just enjoy the game that most of us have sunk 11+ years into playing?

I mean really, if you are that upset about someone having better items, more pvp ability, "13373R" skill than you, please do all of us a flavor and turn off your CPU and go outside for a minute. And when you return inside, uninstall UO, install WOW, and complain to them for a while.

Less QQ More Pew Pew
lol who just died and made you king?

LordDrago

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Stratics Forums are a lot like customer service lines...

A vast majority of calls to customer service lines are for complaints or problems
Very few calls are for compliments
There are also calls (more than compliments, but less than complaints) for technical help ro assistance.

Oh, there are also those few individuals with......issues......who habitiually call the customer service line to complain about the <insert wacko issue here> (government transmissions, aliens, the black helicopters following them, embuing being overpowered, radio transmissions in their teeth, the govermnent spreading swine flu, embuing being overpowered, etc.)

Funny story...we used to have this guy in NYC that used to come by our front counter to drop off packages that always carried and umbrella covered in aluminum foil. One of my agents finally asked him about it. Yup, the damn government was beaming transmissions from space into his brain....Oh, and he complained about embuing being overpowered too. :)

legendsguy

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've always thought of the phrase "less QQ more pew pew" as a term to shut up people who argue about how a boss should be defeated, in other words, STFU and do your job.

People are constantly pancakes about UO becuase the devs are so ****ty at doing THEIR jobs that players are at a disadvantage.

For example, speedhackers. which has been an issue for god only knows how long, but never addressed.

Another example, elves hats being defualted to the circlet graphic was, as stated by Chrissay, a bug. This "bug" was in the game for how long? Since I started playing 3 years ago at minimum. And they fixed it what? A month ago.

Seriously. Every UO player has every right to pancake and complain. Why anyone pays them to play is beyond me at this point anyways.
while everything you said is true (cept the elf hats) it's still a rather fun game. but if you feel this way, then uhm, don't play it. and here you are on the message boards talking about a game you hate.

They Call Me Al

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well it's confirmed. I point out the complaining, and half a dozen trolls pop out with their 2 cents.

I made this thread to do just that. Point out relentless, self loathing, trolls. It's honestly sad that these people have nothing better to do than try to stir double whopper with cheese on a message board designed to help people.

Blesh

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
while everything you said is true (cept the elf hats) it's still a rather fun game. but if you feel this way, then uhm, don't play it. and here you are on the message boards talking about a game you hate.

"Everyone liked the elf hat bug, so can you please put it back?
Unfortunately, we are not able to bring back the hat bug. I don’t know about you but when I wear my robe and wizard hat I kind of like to show them off.

-Adida"

http://www.uoherald.com/fof/?fofId=177

Where exactly am I wrong?

Blesh

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well it's confirmed. I point out the complaining, and half a dozen trolls pop out with their 2 cents.

I made this thread to do just that. Point out relentless, self loathing, trolls. It's honestly sad that these people have nothing better to do than try to stir double whopper with cheese on a message board designed to help people.
I work third shift, sometimes i get bored, and I'm a very opinionated person.

so sue me ;)

Aran

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

You came here complaining. About people complaining.

Your **** got called.

Grow up, move on.

W

Wilde1

a thread complaining about complaining. I see what you did there.

R

RollinTheTweed

almost 11,500???? 'nuff said
You sir are a hypocrite at their best. You brought the trolls out with a troll thread. You wanted the attention and got it.

People complain because they sunk lots of money in this game, and there's still no actual balance.

L

Lord Urza

You ask "why ?" Sir.
I ask you sir, Why Not?

Booosh I feel like I made the strongest argument here!
:thumbup: For me WooT

+1 Post Count

lol

And to put the cherry on the cake so to say.
Is anyone quitting who wants to give me there stuff?

o2bavr6

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Less QQ More Pew Pew
Lets see if I can respond without it sounding like a Troll.

First I have 6 accounts since 1997. Lets say at $15 a month per account, that adds up to about $13,000 over the 12 years.

In your mind, do I not have the right to ask for certain fixes in the game? Or to complain about certain changes in the game?

You say that they even reward the vets, but if you look closely at the rewards, they actually reward the new players more than the vets. After all, god forbid a vet gets something too special as a reward for their $13,000.

Edit: So in the end when they add Halloween content instead of fixing bugs or game imbalances it does make me angry as it should you. But sadly there are people in the game who are more interested in house decorations or other garbage than fixing bugs.

B

Beer_Cayse

Go pick on Aran over in Stratics OT - if you're > 18. I dare ya. Those folks eat people like you for lunch and spit out the bones.

Aran? I know ya don't need a backer, but this bloke just hacks me off and you were something of a target for his responses.

T

The Fallout

Go pick on Aran over in Stratics OT - if you're > 18. I dare ya. Those folks eat people like you for lunch and spit out the bones.

Aran? I know ya don't need a backer, but this bloke just hacks me off and you were something of a target for his responses.
Easy thing to do over the internet. lol Especially in a group.

W

Wonton fooey

Dude, You are a grade A moron. If you don't see how much of a hypocrite you are you shouldn't be breathing. Complaining about complaining, and then when people post about you being an idiot you make up a story about trying to get trolls and complainers out in the open. I'm truly embarrassed to share the same species as you. You're a pretentious, pompous, good-for-nothing, hypocrite and you should go hang yourself from your ceiling with your mouse cord.

KalVasTENKI

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Why are you complaining? Get off your high horse.

I mean really, if you're so upset about someone complaining on the internet, turn your computer off and go outside, then when you come back in close Stratics for good and go whine elsewhere.
/Thread LOL.