• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Why won't my tactics skill go up?

M

mookin1

I'm shooting at blade spirits with archery, i have 80 archery and 49 tactics, why won't my tactics skill go up? Does it have to be higher in order to gain from blade spirits? Like archery has to be 80.

G

<blockquote><hr>

I'm shooting at blade spirits with archery, i have 80 archery and 49 tactics, why won't my tactics skill go up? Does it have to be higher in order to gain from blade spirits? Like archery has to be 80.

[/ QUOTE ]

Get your tactics up to 70-80 off of lower level mobs before you try blade spirits.

Blade spirits was so 7 years ago, though. You should get a tinker to get you a golem. :p

C

Connor_Graham

Go to Despise and shoot the lizard men. When your gains slow down, go down a level and go after the ettins, trolls and ogres. Your Tactics will fly up against those, getting you gains on just about every creature. I did this recently, and took Tactics from 40 to 70 in about an hour or so. Use a Magical Shortbow or a Repeating Crossbow with no damage increase and high Hit Chance Increase, and you should be able to raise it very quickly.

G

lizard men are still too strong, shoot headless ones till at least 60, then lizards, then other stuff

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Earth Eles in Despise are your friend!

Then after 80:

Shoot Cyclopsses and Titans in Despise. All the way too 120 if you want !

M

mookin1

I have 45% hit chance increase and a repeating crossbow, trying lizard men, tactics gains slow, archery gains much faster, even though archery is around 70 base + 20 from items and tactics is only 50.

Also, i just got an artifact from a lizard man, i didn't know lizard men could drop artifacts?

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
All monsters in the Anti Virtue Dungeon can give Artifacts if you kill them enough !

I

imported_Sarphus

Your skill needs to be roughly within 20 points of your target for you to gain.

It helps to just run around on a tamer loring stuff to figure out what you should be training. Another way to figure it out is to put a skill trainer statuette on your char and make sure it doesn't say "too easy" or "too challenging"

Most people don't even know about the skill trainer statuette, so I'll explain how you get it.

If you go through the tutorial when you create a character in the KR client, you get a rune. When you recall off that rune, you have to fight the champion (must be in KR client to recall from the rune).

The first time you defeat the champion, he will give you 1 of 3 prizes. One of those prizes is the skill trainer statuette. I don't remember what the other 2 prizes are because they didn't really interest me.

The skill trainer statuette is basically a little statue you can carry around with you that tells you how difficult it is for you to do various things you're doing. You can use this difficulty range to determine what actions will be optimal for gaining skills.

G

Gaman will take your Tactics from low 50's to mid 80's, bring a butchers knife to skin them for leather and a packy to cart them away (take the gaman horns too since they are part of a quest chain and can be easily sold to other players). Take the Homare-Jino gate in Tokuno and follow the road north, they'll plentyful and respawn quickly. The road (and area near the road) is pretty safe from other spawn.