• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Why? WHY!? WHY?!?!?!?

A

Azureal

Ok, Im trying to build a storage rack. IO like the look of the wooden boxes inside the benches. Except everytime I leave the house, and come back in, the boxes pop themselves to the "front" of the display, instead of sitting neatly inside it (see picture).

Someone please tell me theres something Im not doing that will stop/prevent this?

Skylark SP

Available Storage: 0
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
When you leave/re-enter the house, mount/dismount in the house or log out/log in, it forces a redraw of the screen. The boxes are popping over the benches for their "layer" so your bench must be raised higher to prevent it.

I think you are going to need to use a goza mat and table to get your top bench a bit higher than it will let you raise it with the deco tool. Place top bench, top box, lower bench, lower box. I didn't have time this morning to test with more than just 1 bench, which put me at the top of my allowed raising just using the deco tool normally. It didn't pop over when I dismounted/mounted, so I think that will work. When I get a chance I'll test it with 2, and using the goza to raise the stack if someone else doesn't do it sooner. :)

-Skylark

A

Azureal

When you leave/re-enter the house, mount/dismount in the house or log out/log in, it forces a redraw of the screen. The boxes are popping over the benches for their "layer" so your bench must be raised higher to prevent it.

I think you are going to need to use a goza mat and table to get your top bench a bit higher than it will let you raise it with the deco tool. Place top bench, top box, lower bench, lower box. I didn't have time this morning to test with more than just 1 bench, which put me at the top of my allowed raising just using the deco tool normally. It didn't pop over when I dismounted/mounted, so I think that will work. When I get a chance I'll test it with 2, and using the goza to raise the stack if someone else doesn't do it sooner. :)

-Skylark
God that sounds crazy difficult.

*considers just stacking boxes on top of each other*

There was a picture in Blesh's castle thread, of what looked like benches + something, as a neat little storage area.

Any ideas what this is/how its made? Im talking about the 2 shelves with the pirate hats on top.

C

Ceridwen

I have that in my keep too, and remember there was a guide on how to do it on the Castles & Courtyards site... which I can't find anymore (the guide, not the site).
If I remember correctly though, you put down a bench, then the box, and lowered the box two times... or was it the bench?...

Sorry, been a while, if Siobhan still plays you could try contacting them.

Skylark SP

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Castles & Courtyards has a wall storage unit tutorial. Is this the one you were looking for?

If Azureal wanted the bit of bench between each for the "shelving" look though, this is not the same.

-Skylark

A

Azureal

Castles & Courtyards has a wall storage unit tutorial. Is this the one you were looking for?

If Azureal wanted the bit of bench between each for the "shelving" look though, this is not the same.

-Skylark
Azureal has no idea what Azureal wants. Ive got 3 really small "main" areas to work with. That the areas are small doesnt seem to make the planning any easier.

Small was what I wanted, and Im happy with the location (Makoto-Jima, furthest bottom SE plot, though Id upgrade if I got the right spot). Im going to be opening a select vendor house, probably 3-4 vendors at most. I just dont know what to do with the space I have.

The flowers and front garden area were easy. I used a rubble tree, grass bunch, swamp plant and 3 piece log at the front, and put a token apple tree upstrairs. I like how the campions and poppies look.

Any shard jumping deco'ers out there, with characters on Oceania that I could drop a cool mil onto for some decoing love?

L

Lady D

When im decoing i get off my mount and re mount that will usualy make anything that isnt going to stay "pop" up then i fix it with the deco tool back how i wanted it remount again and it should stay sometimes it may take a few tries

Heimi

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Is this what you're looking for?

If so I'd be happy to put together a quick howto for you.

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
as a side note, and encouragement, that's a really pretty little design :D

A

Azureal

as a side note, and encouragement, that's a really pretty little design :D
Thanks! I sat for about an hour going through all the different wall types, roofing styles, etc etc. Then I started thinking about doing an asian styled home, as it is in Tokuno, after all.

And then boom! That design popped out in a couple of minutes, was really quite easy. Drew a lot from the large marble house as inspiration. Started to worry a bit about using a teleporter to get on the roof, and then remembered the token ladders.

Im really happy about the way it turned out. Its not Tokuno-esque, but I dont care.

Skylark SP

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You might try Ashyn's SE stealable basket & bench organizer. It has a different look than the boxes. The only drawback is that you can't engrave the baskets with labels for the contents.

I personally love the look of the classic marble house, and think you did a really nice spin on it!

-Skylark

Skylark SP

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Remember too, that you can just make little logical groupings of decor in small areas as well - arrangements that can fit in small cozy corners that overall look like "complete" rooms.

-Skylark

A

Azureal

You might try Ashyn's SE stealable basket & bench organizer. It has a different look than the boxes. The only drawback is that you can't engrave the baskets with labels for the contents.

-Skylark
The fact that I cant engrave the baskets is one of the reasons Im not using them. I love being able to mouse over my containers and easily know whats inside of them.

Zynia

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok, Im trying to build a storage rack. IO like the look of the wooden boxes inside the benches. Except everytime I leave the house, and come back in, the boxes pop themselves to the "front" of the display, instead of sitting neatly inside it (see picture).

Someone please tell me theres something Im not doing that will stop/prevent this?

I make those too! I just do a bench, box, bench, box, bench, box, bench. Raise the boxes up I think it's twice? In between the benches. I test and try to "pull" the boxes on top of the benches, and if they don't, then I leave it. It's a pain, but I love how they look in the end! Good luck.