• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Why we need a reason?

Alex"Drake Iron Heart"CS

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Ok this question is for the Strats team.... @Nexus @Captn Norrington @Merlin @Giggles
Why is it that when we delete a comment, you have to put a reason???
I do know we can leave blank....

If its our own written comment, we dont have to give explanations to anyone.... unless we deem necessary

Can the team not delete a comment if they dont like the answer to why delete?

Its a random stupid question but I am curious and no evil intended with it, just curiosity!!!

and it didnt kill the cat...... Was the dog who bite it to death!!

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Ok this question is for the Strats team.... @Nexus @Captn Norrington @Merlin @Giggles
Why is it that when we delete a comment, you have to put a reason???
I do know we can leave blank....

If its our own written comment, we dont have to give explanations to anyone.... unless we deem necessary

Can the team not delete a comment if they dont like the answer to why delete?

Its a random stupid question but I am curious and no evil intended with it, just curiosity!!!

and it didnt kill the cat...... Was the dog who bite it to death!!
The ability to delete comments etc. is tied into the permissions system. There are varying the degrees of some permissions, the ability to delete your own content is one of these, the reasoning behind the "Reason for Deletion" box is so if a moderator sees something was deleted (It doesn't really delete it just removes the content from sight from regular users) they have a context as to why. To tell the truth Mods can see the history of any and all edits to a post as well, so if something is reported and then say someone deletes or edits it after the report, but before a moderator gets to it, they can see exactly what went on in the post.

For Mods, when removing a post we ask them to always fill something out, for everyone else, yea it's optional, but it helps provide that essential context when a mod sees a post has been removed as to why if anything is wrong with the hidden content.

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Professional
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Just have fun with it, say things like "the devil made me do it" " i was just listening to the voices in my head" "none of your waffling bizness" make it a game and carry on