• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Why UO sucks...

P

portcontrol7

It is either way too easy, or way too difficult. The only dungeon one can solo is Despise. Doom is impossible solo. And everyone has like 1 billion gold. UO is dead.

G

2 questions ...

Are you leaving?

If so, can I have your stuff?

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
*laughs* T! Behave.

Look, things like champ spawns were never meant to be solo'ed...it's a GROUP game...why must everyone solo everything?

Oh I got the uber template to solo Lady Mel..I can own the Harrower by myself with wraith form and blah blah.

What ever happened to togetherness? Group activities??? The reason UO is losing it's luster for most is NOT because of what they (EA) have done to the game, it's because of what WE (The Players) have done to the game.
Sure there are alot of bugs and what not....but....make the game fun and challenging for yourself....find friends, join a guild and go group hunting. Anything...it's not TOO easy or TOO hard...it's just YOU thinking it is.

Anyway my opinion lol, sorry I ramble

G

Behave? Moi? <looks around> Yup - still SnR

<left hand has stick>

<eyes see poster in a cage>

<poke, poke, poke>

<looks at Larisa> As for you, me fine pretty ... I'll get you and your .... oops! Wrong movie. N/M.

OP: Still stands ... ya leaving? If so can I have your stuff? Or are ya gonna try to team up and perhaps JUST make some new ingame friends?

G

<blockquote><hr>

*laughs* T! Behave.

Look, things like champ spawns were never meant to be solo'ed...it's a GROUP game...why must everyone solo everything?

Oh I got the uber template to solo Lady Mel..I can own the Harrower by myself with wraith form and blah blah.

What ever happened to togetherness? Group activities??? The reason UO is losing it's luster for most is NOT because of what they (EA) have done to the game, it's because of what WE (The Players) have done to the game.
Sure there are alot of bugs and what not....but....make the game fun and challenging for yourself....find friends, join a guild and go group hunting. Anything...it's not TOO easy or TOO hard...it's just YOU thinking it is.

Anyway my opinion lol, sorry I ramble

[/ QUOTE ]

It dident start as a group game group were always nice to have but not a need .

G

Right ... it started as a game where you could meet like-minded folks at the Brit Blacksmith shop as armor got repaired. You'd then perhaps team up because the Brit Cemetary had spawned 2 liches which were rather hard for a solo player to take at once.

So, you and Jo Blow went and nailed the spawn at Brit, finding along the way you could really do well together. So you folks went around to the cemetaries in the land, expunging the evil undead in their home ground.

By the time the night was finished, 12 people were in a group and heading up to Yew Peninsulas to smack down reapers and other baddies. Or to Shame and nail the Dire Wolves, Gargoyles, Reapers, Eles and stuff outside the dungeon entrance.

Then again, that was a time when land spawn was high and not the awful low-grade thing it is now. You could actually depend on seeing more than 2 Dire Wolves in a 20 minute period outside of shame. And all the time, the possibility of a guild of reds attacking you was right there, too.