• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Why U.S. shard blocking fansites????????

Redxpanda

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The asian shards play by their own rules. They do still have volunteers ya know...that should say enough.

Thats why they get tokuno dyes and special cloth and we get nothing.

P

Pawl

makes you think EA want the US player to all leave, 80% to 90% of the player base is asian anyway..

wounder if i would get in trouble if i go to a china server and spam (not alot to get introuble for spaming) how china used underage players in gym. or better yet Tiananmen Square....

or wonder if its allready filtered???

this has gotten why outa hand. Let me state this the read on

On the UO chinese website it calls the 2 korean server "the 2 chinese server" why, no clue! my wife is Chinese and plays on one of them..
it may be its the only 2 they can log into, will ask wife to ask her friends if it true or not, I can say for a fact, that there GOV does stop them from going to places on the web.

now readon the restof all the post before you relpy, thz

Silly Seadog

Sage
It's My Birthday
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Arrrr, me wonders if they do be marketin' WarHammer over in Asia?

R

Richtor Darkbane

M

Mitzlplik_SP

The asian shards play by their own rules. They do still have volunteers ya know...that should say enough.

Thats why they get tokuno dyes and special cloth and we get nothing.

And the reason we don`t get the above love is not because EA loves Japanese shards and not us.It has more to do with a few peaple of the past ruining our volenteer program and abusing the court system in the name of greed. :sad4:

athos_uo

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Arrrr, me wonders if they do be marketin' WarHammer over in Asia?
It is not opened to public yet, whether EA Japan offers service of WHO in Japan, but they open already Japanese official site and offer Collector's Edition in English also for Japanese fans.
WarHammer Online Japanese official site

This site seems by far more attractive to my eyes.

I don't know how it is in China or other asian areas.

G

Gwendar-SP

makes you think EA want the US player to all leave, 80% to 90% of the player base is asian anyway..

wounder if i would get in trouble if i go to a china server and spam (not alot to get introuble for spaming) how china used underage players in gym. or better yet Tiananmen Square....

you could get banned for being american

Tomas_Bryce

Rares Collector Extraordinaire | Rares Fest Host
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Firstly, why are you angry at Asian shard players? Did they take away the volunteer program from North American/European shards? No. Did they stop us from having a fan site program? No. So instead of demanding EA to give us the same level of high treatment, you want to go and mess with innocent players? Maybe that is why we are in this position in the first place.. our rather destructive attitude towards everything and anything.

And secondly, there are no Ultima Online People's Republic of China shards. But feel free to spam it in the Japanese servers. It's all same, right? *rolls eyes*

P

Pawl

Yep, after being a Counselor, and not just a mod on a website that " in no way what so ever had anything to do with UO ) and now cause of the banning just for saying this site" this place is off limits acording to UO. yet you can still have your guild website (if not tring to sell stuff for real life cash) in your profile. (now back to the point) I have LOGS of the %#@$ that used to go on, and EA polices.

Shall i post them???

PLZ say yes. only reasion why i never did before was a mod once asked me not to after PM'ing them to them and saying it would not too. would hurt EA /stratic relationship. but now that seems out the door..

Counselor watching someone place an illegal house and GM saying " We are told to do nothing about it!"

How it was easy to tell an illegal house by sign hight (a command a counselor use to get)
simple done, stand beside sign (old style houses) and take a LOC, then take a LOC on sign, if more then 5 high, illegal house.. illegal were all 6 and few 7 (houses were you couldn't walk up steps but from center)...

people marcoing, how we were told to leave them alone at times. depended i guess on how much money EA needed that month...

and GOD forbid i was told to take someone to jail, The 4 page report, plus Chat LOG you had to fill out, wasn't worth it at near the end.. better off letting them do whatever they wanted...

and to Think of it, YES! they are most of the player, so i'm betting there doing most of the dupping, read post about GM Cheating , read the bottem, looks like he keep his job but given a diffrent name... and all the BUY uo item sites they have, BLOWS and eng one away..

How he set up a guild for all the Counselors, seer's and gave out custom made stuff to all of them.....

and maybe next week or this week they will have same rule, no websites. has EA ever done anything at once before in a timeley matter ? NOPE...

And YES they did have a small "part" in it. over here they keep an EYE on us, I ended up "volunteering" 40+ hr a week or lose my "volunteer" job. over there , there free to do whatever! (i know a counselor over there ) and allway have been. they only answer to the one GM then they got a 2nd one . not EA, the GM report to EA. thus the cheating that happen over there...

And as for no china server, they play mostly on the 2 korean shards. i read chinese very well, and for the few i can't i just ask my wife ""who is!"" and no i don't have a problem with them, she was here when i posted it ...... READ THE HOLE POST, it even said "Not to get introuble, , but just to see if its filtered, or GM come for saying it once, like if i run to luna right now and say to a friend ingame, "hey go check out stratics website about (whatever ) be it for, game info,news,what monster drops what, and get 24hr jail visit on a US shard.

P

Pawl

I am sorry but I don't speak or understand rant.
that cause you can't understand the truth.

my wife who is chinese even thought your post about what i said was FUNNY!..

guess you didn't even read it. bottem.

and never played on an asian shard.........they have diffrent rules for everything..

L

love2winalot

I used to play on Hokuto shard. It was a blast, but you spend a lot more time talking than playing. A lot of players there like to try out their english, and love american players. If you mainly play solo, then it is worth it to transfer over, or make a charater and spend some time there.

P

Pawl

my wife plays on one, even thou the ping is higher and a tad of lag, but she knows people that play. she'll be on for 2 hrs and never do a thing but talk to friends.

the hole point about what i said and mod getting mad, reasion why its funny, they all talking about it over there LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL but i'm not telling the mod (OOOOPPPPSSSS)

Beefybone

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
They would laugh themselves hoarse and then remind you that the asian UO shards are JAPANESE, not CHINESE. lolol

Viper09

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Typical flaming attitude. This is why nothing ever gets solved. Despite the fact its Japanese shard and not China. :coco:

P

Pawl

They would laugh themselves hoarse and then remind you that the asian UO shards are JAPANESE, not CHINESE. lolol
i never said they were in China!

Plz go to uo and click on the Communitly link then down to affiliate

then click on the chinese uo site. and read, if you can read chinese,(me and my Chinese wife can) and on there link site and ect, you will see MOST chinese play on the KOREAN servers. (and on the chinese site it calls the 2 Korean server chinese one.. why i have no clue, unless it just for the chinese site viewers to have one for them. ) only EA or who ever built the site can answer that question.

also my wife plays on one of servers also, her computer is all in Chinese, to OS, keyboard, ect.

So why is it listed on the UO china site that the 2 korean server are chinese??

Viper09

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i never said they were in China!

Plz go to uo and click on the Communitly link then down to affiliate

then click on the chinese uo site. and read, if you can read chinese,(me and my Chinese wife can) and on there link site and ect, you will see MOST chinese play on the KOREAN servers. (and on the chinese site it calls the 2 Korean server chinese one.. why i have no clue, unless it just for the chinese site viewers to have one for them. ) only EA or who ever built the site can answer that question.

also my wife plays on one of servers also, her computer is all in Chinese, to OS, keyboard, ect.

So why is it listed on the UO china site that the 2 korean server are chinese??
:drama:

P

Pawl

and not all are Japanese. 2 are in korea and one is in Taiwan

both part of asia, but diffrent country..

G

Glim Gerrack

I am sorry but I don't speak or understand rant.
Thats not very mediative of a moderator to say. I believe they call that trolling, i.e. commenting for the sole purpose of inciting another individual. Lets keep it civil shall we?

G

galefan2004

Thats why the Asian shards have such high populations? If the Asian shards make 80-90% of the UO playerbase then this game is in worse trouble than I thought.

Yes...lets complain about the country that has loaned us enough money since Bush became president that they now own more of the United States debt then we do.

On the UO chinese website it calls the 2 korean server "the 2 chinese server" why, no clue! my wife is Chinese and plays on one of them..
it may be its the only 2 they can log into, will ask wife to ask her friends if it true or not, I can say for a fact, that there GOV does stop them from going to places on the web.
Last I knew they limited the use of the web for children by law. They don't limit the usage of adults by law. They do however try to limit the information that comes into the country via websites by doing fun and interesting things like contracting with Google to track search information of given people. Its still hard to actually totally block out the web though.

G

galefan2004

And the reason we don`t get the above love is not because EA loves Japanese shards and not us.It has more to do with a few peaple of the past ruining our volenteer program and abusing the court system in the name of greed. :sad4:
No it has to do with EA being greedy little bastages and realizing they could exploit people's labor if they called them "volunteers" and refused to pay them. Then the courts stepped up and called EA on that. Stop blaming the victims for the results. Last I knew slavery has been illegal in the US since the late 1800s.

G

galefan2004

that cause you can't understand the truth.

my wife who is chinese even thought your post about what i said was FUNNY!..

guess you didn't even read it. bottem.

and never played on an asian shard.........they have diffrent rules for everything..
Really.

Well I have friends that are Chinese and let me say that I am offended. It makes no real difference what age the olympic gymnast were because in order for it to matter you would have to prove that the majority of people actually care about olympic gymnastics (and good luck proving that). If you want to bring up a tragic event in Chinese history as a way to insult Chinese people then I have a total problem. I know more than enough Chinese people that I would call good friends, and when you run your mouth off about them in such a way it bothers me. Its even more sad that you do it when you are married to a Chinese woman.

On a side note...why does it seem rich middle aged (or older) white male jack offs seem to always have Chinese wives?

G

galefan2004

Thats not very mediative of a moderator to say. I believe they call that trolling, i.e. commenting for the sole purpose of inciting another individual. Lets keep it civil shall we?
I think the moderator was commenting that the poster needs to at least learn how to spell and proper sentence formation. I didn't comment on that although I agreed with it. I just assumed that the poster himself is not from the US.

G

Glim Gerrack

Really.

Well I have friends that are Chinese and let me say that I am offended. It makes no real difference what age the olympic gymnast were because in order for it to matter you would have to prove that the majority of people actually care about olympic gymnastics (and good luck proving that). If you want to bring up a tragic event in Chinese history as a way to insult Chinese people then I have a total problem. I know more than enough Chinese people that I would call good friends, and when you run your mouth off about them in such a way it bothers me. Its even more sad that you do it when you are married to a Chinese woman.

On a side note...why does it seem rich middle aged (or older) white male jack offs seem to always have Chinese wives?
This kind of post is clearly inappropriate and a troll. It is clear that the OP had none of these intentions, and dispite the digression into gymnastics (which has rules like all sports hence the controversy), you insulted the individual on multiple occasions. I would think a moderator would catch on given your history of posting (http://vboards.stratics.com/search.php?searchid=392358) and stop this.

Aran

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No it has to do with EA being greedy little bastages and realizing they could exploit people's labor if they called them "volunteers" and refused to pay them. Then the courts stepped up and called EA on that. Stop blaming the victims for the results. Last I knew slavery has been illegal in the US since the late 1800s.
People were falling over each other trying to get spots on the Counselor staff. Some still drool over the possibility of it coming back.

There was no slavery involved.

LordNoximos

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The asian shards aren't filled with immature 16 year olds training monsters onto an event spamming "LOL PWNED!".

They have 1 bad egg per dozen, we have 10.

K

Kendra_of_Umbra

LOL.
Everyone knows why the system got shut down. And its just exactly like everyone said....
cause some greedy people decided to "stick" it to EA, we got screwed outta a very good
system that the asian players enjoy....