Why The CHange To Spellweaving?

• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!
U

uoBuoY

Pub 54: "Arcane Foci can no longer be created by a single spellweaver"

What? Why? I haven't seen a lot of posts calling for a weaver nerf?

And how do you train the skill? No one will take the time to make a focus with someone who has 35 skill.

Am I missing something? Wouldn't be the first time!

GalenKnighthawke

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 12, 2008

And how do you train the skill? No one will take the time to make a focus with someone who has 35 skill.

I noticed this one too.

Pointless, near as I can see.

I hadn't even thought of what you point out, which is that it makes training the skill more difficult.

-Galen's player

Zooithion

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Aug 1, 2003
Lake Superior, Iowa
I agree with you. This makes no sense at all. Why?

L

Lord Drakelord

I have to agree. Why is this ??

RedRum

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 12, 2008
Pacific Shard
I heard that there was a bug out there that if you got an arcane focus of level 6, dumped it into a bank trash can, casting arcane focus by yourself from that point on, you would always get a level 6. How true it was, I have no idea, but this fixes that bug if it is/was true.

I

Ill Saint

Maybe now that we've had 3 separate threads on this topic, someone will listen up and scrap this ridiculous change. Too much to hope for, no doubt.

U

uoBuoY

Maybe now that we've had 3 separate threads on this topic, someone will listen up and scrap this ridiculous change. Too much to hope for, no doubt.
Sorry.
I didn't see any comments on this which I thought was very strange! So I commented.

Zooithion

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Aug 1, 2003
Lake Superior, Iowa
Sure but it's not really a fix. It's a dirty, easy, work around NOT to fix it correctly.

I heard that there was a bug out there that if you got an arcane focus of level 6, dumped it into a bank trash can, casting arcane focus by yourself from that point on, you would always get a level 6. How true it was, I have no idea, but this fixes that bug if it is/was true.

L

Lord Kynd

if this is true, then great .. i think

should be more area's for getting a level 6 anyhow.

but what about skill training ? that person was right , no one , and i meen no one will focus with a 35 skill person, your lucky if you get in one with 80 spellweaving... and thats only because at 100.0 you can focus 80-120 skill people.

bad fix for whatever :(

T

Thrand Graywolf

So there will be no such thing as a level 1 focus anymore?? It's either 0 or 2?

I'm beginning to wonder if there is actually somebody in charge out there telling the devs what to do or if they aren't just randomly altering bits of code for giggles....

N

Nenime

They will probably give a statement about this on the next FoF. Or... just change it back without any comment in a year or so.

Redxpanda

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Dec 6, 2007
Sure but it's not really a fix. It's a dirty, easy, work around NOT to fix it correctly.

Well they are known for dirty easy workarounds so you should have expected that.

AyaraBlue

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 27, 2008
Up North
My comment to this change: grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

My spellweaver is at 120, but due to irregular working hours I´m usually online when not many others are. This means I´ve been kinda stuck with focus 1, since it´s at least better than 0. But not so anymore it seems... :(