• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Why no THREAD OF FATE!! [Got two!!]

J

JoyousGard

[EDIT - I got one in KR. There is harmony in the world. I sewed up the time rift and it said "Congratulations, You Won UO!" That is a lie, but I got the thread of fate, I took a screen pic... 2.5D has the best backpack graphics - the thread is the white square]

This needs to be tracked down.. I have tried viewing in list...

Is it because I didn't take part in day one?

I have kiled many of everything... I understand they are more rare, but it is a little fishy.

Can anyone shed any light as to if they got the thread or if they did not?

G

Thread of Fate? I don't know I got a Thread of Life. Off a Dark Wisp.
Also received two Planeswords.

I attended both days, with blackrock in pack.

Hope that helps?

J

JoyousGard

That helps a lot....

Anyone else getting the Thread of Life? I think there is another one too.

Were you there both days???

I was not... is that why I am not getting it?

G

i got thread of fate and life, sword and shield, and 4 cloaks, i was not there on the 1st day, 2nd day i was tho with blackrock in pack

V

ValenOfAtlantic

I was there both days with blackrock in pack (although i used a different char on day 2).

I got 2 planeswords, one plane shield, and a thread of fate durring the event before having to log.

L

Lunaticus

I attended yesterday and have been doing my fair share of dying again today. I've had blackrock in my pack both days. So far, I've gotten three planeshields, two planeswords and one thread of life. Anyone know what that thread is supposed to do?

J

JoyousGard

I suspect it will be a turn in, but as it is more rare than the shields and swords... they will turn in for something better?

That is my guess.

That's enough for me. I gotta log out of the computer and try to get ready for next week.

GL to all.

R

RestlessLA

they are just looted off dark wisps... i was not there first day, i have gotten them with blackrock in pack and without, just start focusing on the dark wisps and u will get them, i have gotten 4 thread of fates and 1 thread of life

I

imported_Cyrah

I tried and tried and tried, lol! Not one thread, lot of metal chests. many dragons helped me, I am NOT a tamer.

Do you all think the new items are for a turn in? I so hope not. They do not "seem" to be deco to me. Mostly non existent,

J

JoyousGard

Can't log out... FEW MORE WISPS... One more load! Dern.

Has anyone gotten special threads while using the KR client?

Yeah I have gotten a few chests too. Which I think, implies I am hunting wisps enough...

I don't know what is going on. What will be turned in, who is good, who is bad. For a while those angels were thought to be good, so I was standing around them to see what happened, and it seemed like they weren't attacking. Then a few angels later I got creamed. I don't think they are good.

BTW they yield 100 feathers... for those that do that kind of stuff.

Shelleybean

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I read somewhere that the threads only appear in the list inventory view of the KR client. Otherwise you can't see them on the corpse.

C

Connor_Graham

I just logged in after being gone for a couple of hours for a much needed nap, killed the first wisp I came across and got a Thread of Life, then noticed a Shadowlord out in the woods and took him down and got another Cloak...

Before I'd logged earlier, I'd been on a dry streak for about 45mins-an hour or so, so I guess it's just the RNG at work.

I

imported_Sarphus

<blockquote><hr>

I read somewhere that the threads only appear in the list inventory view of the KR client. Otherwise you can't see them on the corpse.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've only been using 2d and have about 10 or so threads

G

Connor, you have all the luck! *smiles*

I've looted two Planar Swords and was kindly given a Planar Sword and Shield set. I'm still trying for both of the Threads, and of course, the Cloak.

I've got no Blackrock though...I tried finding some to buy, but had no luck. I don't have a crafter or resource gatherer either. Anyone on Chessy have any extra Blackrock?

Surely I will luck out soon and find me some Threads. They are very interesting to me, for some reason.

J

JoyousGard

I don't mean to push my thread back up there... but I am kind of pissed at the graphic for the thread of fate. I probably missed a couple just because I didn't know to switch views the first 10 hours I was playing. In the other views they are not even visible.

For the devs... Is KR even being supported anymore? If not, I will start the long journey back to 2D. Or is KR for things that aren't related to events? Everyday UO vs Event UO?

Edit: A game divided against itself by 2 clients cannot stand. -- Baberham Blinkin

G

<blockquote><hr>

I don't mean to push my thread back up there... but I am kind of pissed at the graphic for the thread of fate. I probably missed a couple just because I didn't know to switch views the first 10 hours I was playing. In the other views they are not even visible.

For the devs... Is KR even being supported anymore? If not, I will start the long journey back to 2D. Or is KR for things that aren't related to events? Everyday UO vs Event UO?

Edit: A game divided against itself by 2 clients cannot stand. -- Baberham Blinkin

[/ QUOTE ]

It did say that the event was optimized for 2d play.

G

<blockquote><hr>

It did say that the event was optimized for 2d play.

[/ QUOTE ]

And that's kinda sad seeing as the KR client is where EA wants to go with the game. I've been playing KR almost exclusively that playing 2D is now a chore. But I'll do what needs be to try and be somewhat sucessfull in this event.